Davids set to join Milan (5 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I think if Davids had to chose between Juventus and Milan, he would chose Juventus. He's been with us for so long!

But at the end of the day, he is better off at Barcelona. I really like Barca and I am happy for them!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #67
    Football Italia have reported that Milan have denied these reports about signing Davids.

And you guys probably didn't realise but there's already a thread just like this one in Misc Soccer, and I posted it there because Davids is no longer a Juve player so it doesn't concern Juve's transfer talk. The threads will be merged.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68
    Milan rule out Davids bid
    Thursday 22 April, 2004

Milan have dismissed speculation that Barcelona’s Edgar Davids will be wearing the Rossoneri shirt next term.

Some reports in Italy yesterday suggested that a three-year deal had already been agreed but the Italian outfit have denied the claim.

"There is no chance of us signing Davids," said Vice-president Adriano Galliani. "We already have a squad that we intend to keep as it is."

Davids, who is currently on loan at the Nou Camp, will be a free agent in the summer once his contract with Juventus expires.

Galliani has also commented on whispers that boss Carlo Ancelotti could be on his way out of the club.

Chelsea have been linked with the former midfielder as Claudio Ranieri is set to be axed at Stamford Bridge.

"We’ll keep him even if he loses the Championship," he insisted. "Ancelotti is not tempted by anyone.

"He is happy here and he will certainly remain with us for next season too."

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #69
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    And Milan are once again about to sign an oldie! Stam + Dhorasoo + Davids----> My grandmothers age!
    Imo Stam would be a very good signing for the right price as he is still a quality defender, while Milan have dismissed rumours that Vikash Dhorasoo and Davids are on their way to the San Siro. And if you could get Davids for free wouldn't you go for it? I know I would.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Milan rule out Davids bid
    Thursday 22 April, 2004
    Should anyone really be surprised here?

Secondly, besides the position redundancy, where was the money going to come from without a significant sale, anyway? Milan is already in the rosso...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Should anyone really be surprised here?

Secondly, besides the position redundancy, where was the money going to come from without a significant sale, anyway? Milan is already in the rosso...
    they wouldn't have to spend any money on davids if they decided to snap him out,he's free this summer:)

Mikey-DelPiero

Apr 4, 2004
    davids isnt goin to do well at milan i hav a funny feeling. he isn't goin to fit in,even thohe played for milan before...
    we need a strong dm,worthy of being a captain to control our team in defence/midfield,keep the morale up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)