Davids set to join Milan (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Milan snap up Davids - report
Wednesday 21 April, 2004

Barcelona ace Edgar Davids has reportedly agreed to return to former club Milan in the summer.

Rumours in Italy allege that the Dutchman flew into Milan yesterday for talks with the Rossoneri.

The Italian giants have admitted that they are keen on the player and it is alleged that an agreement has been reached.

The international will sign a three-year contract with the San Siro outfit worth around £2.3m a season.

Davids was also wanted by Inter but he has opted to join Milan – a club that has a track record of winning.

The player, who is currently on loan at Barcelona from Juventus, will be a free agent in the summer.

The Spanish club have stated that they want to keep hold of him but he seems to have already made up his mind.

No official announcement has been made but it is believed that his arrival will be confirmed at the end of the season.

Davids had an unhappy stint with the Rossoneri after his 1996 move from Ajax. However, he was sold to Juventus in December 1997 and proved to be a key signing.

Davids excelled in Turin under boss Marcello Lippi and then Carlo Ancelotti – the man he should now be working with again next season.

---
:wallbang: Well done Moggi :rolleyes:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
now juve have to get another reliable defensive midfielder.IMO from what i've seen Tacchinardi isnt the type of DM that a big team like juve should rely on.i mean Man utd haveRoyKeane,Arsenal:Vieira,Milan:Gattuso,Chelsea:Makelele.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    now juve have to get another reliable defensive midfielder.IMO from what i've seen Tacchinardi isnt the type of DM that a big team like juve should rely on.i mean Man utd haveRoyKeane,Arsenal:Vieira,Milan:Gattuso,Chelsea:Makelele.
    I agree. Tacchi ain't a bad tackler, but his passing can't compare to that of Keane, Vieira, Emerson and Pirlo. We need a DM that can win back the ball as well as distribute it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    since they cant get any of the DM's that were just mentioned i think the best young DM they can get is Benoit Pedretti.he's rather good defensively and he's a fantastic passer.he's kind of in the Pirlo mould just a bit better defensively.

Dec 27, 2003
    Milan don't need Davids, but I suppose we can take him for free. I wonder how Costacurta, the man who labelled him a "rotten apple" in his first milanese spell, will welcome him back.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona ace Edgar Davids has reportedly agreed to return to former club Milan in the summer.

Rumours in Italy allege that the Dutchman flew into Milan yesterday for talks with the Rossoneri.

The Italian giants have admitted that they are keen on the player and it is alleged that an agreement has been reached.

The international will sign a three-year contract with the San Siro outfit worth around £2.3m a season.

Davids was also wanted by Inter but he has opted to join Milan – a club that has a track record of winning.

The player, who is currently on loan at Barcelona from Juventus, will be a free agent in the summer.

The Spanish club have stated that they want to keep hold of him but he seems to have already made up his mind.

No official announcement has been made but it is believed that his arrival will be confirmed at the end of the season.

Davids had an unhappy stint with the Rossoneri after his 1996 move from Ajax. However, he was sold to Juventus in December 1997 and proved to be a key signing.

Davids excelled in Turin under boss Marcello Lippi and then Carlo Ancelotti – the man he should now be working with again next season.

IF this is true lippi and moggi the assholes should be happy know :(

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    since they cant get any of the DM's that were just mentioned i think the best young DM they can get is Benoit Pedretti.he's rather good defensively and he's a fantastic passer.he's kind of in the Pirlo mould just a bit better defensively.
    Agreed. Pedretti would be a very good signing, but I'm expecting Lippi/Moggi to bank on Blasi and Brighi returning from loan :down:

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF this is true lippi and moggi the assholes should be happy know :(
    I think you are the asshole when you say such things, If Davids cant accept Juve's rules/wages then just go, he is over the top anyway.
    It just gives us room for the lovely Maresca and Appiah!.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

I think you are the asshole when you say such things, If Davids cant accept Juve's rules/wages then just go, he is over the top anyway.
    I think you must be more pollite you asshole:(

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002

the lovely Maresca and Appiah:D:D:D:D:D
    they are youth players compared to davids

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Football Italia.
    Let's wait & see. For Davids sake I was hoping he'd stay in Barcelona. I don't think he will work out at Milan.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    You have so much to learn little kid....wait and see in about 2 years who is the best of Maresca/Appiah and Davids.
    we will wait and see ,till then juve will never win the scudetto with this midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)