Davids on the move (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Davids set for exit?
Wednesday 17 November, 2004

Edgar Davids is being tipped to leave Inter in January after failing to establish himself in the side.

The Dutchman arrived on a free transfer from Juventus, via Barcelona, but has struggled to settle.

The midfielder was expected to feature heavily in boss Roberto Mancini’s plans but that hasn’t been the case.

Now reports in Italy on Wednesday suggest that the 31-year-old could be set for a return to the Nou Camp.

Davids joined Barca last January in a six-month loan deal and was superb for the Spanish giants.

The Liga outfit are currently looking for a new midfielder after admitting interest in Olivier Dacourt of Roma and Juventus’ Alessio Tacchinardi.

However, Davids himself has admitted that he may move to Barca. "It is a possibility," he reportedly stated.

Teammate Julio Cruz is also expected to follow him out of the San Siro, even if the Argentine looks set to stay in Serie A.

The striker is being strongly linked with a move to either Palermo or Sampdoria. Liverpool have been associated too.

Inter are also assessing adding to their squad in the future, especially in defence.

They were yesterday paired with Real Madrid ace Walter Samuel but it appears that Sol Campbell of Arsenal is also liked.

===

Back to Barcelona now is it? I doubt they would want him after he walked out on them in the summer.. it's a shame these agents give such bad advice sometimes..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Good ... I just hope he can recapture his Barca form from last season...

He's very well needed there too with all their injuries...

I wish him all the luck!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

If he wasnt stupid enough to think of joining Inter and all the money he's getting at the first place, things would have been much better for him by now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++
obodo is a talented player.

as for davids....were there any changes in the barca management in the past few months?
Um not that I know of. I believe the same members have been incharge since Laporta won the election a couple years ago. Davids would just be a quick, cheap fix for Barca. I personally hope he stays at Inter. Beggers can't be choosers.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I Love Inter-Davids
Inter and Holland midfielder Edgar Davids has denied he would like to move back to Barcelona.
“It’s true, I liked Barcelona, but now my team is Inter. I like all of my team-mates and I’m not thinking of any other team,” said ‘the Pitbull’.

Davids’ Inter experience has yet to take off, and many times coach Roberto Mancini makes the Dutchman warm the bench rather than battle on the pitch.

For this reason rumours indicating a possible Barca return for Davids began to surface.

Expect more to come as the season approaches the January transfer window.

Nov 13, 2004
no boys...

it isn't true... in the last matches Davids playes in the first eleven... i think for about 5 matches...before he just was out of condition and played very very bad...

i think he'll remain... but in soccer anything is possible!!!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Davids Not Leaving Inter
11/18/2004 3:42:00 PM
Edgar Davids has confirmed that he will not be leaving Inter for Barcelona in January.
The rumour of a possible departure of the Dutch pit-bull had been circulating during the whole day on Wednesday following an interview Davids gave to the Spanish press.

In the interview, the Inter midfielder praised the Barcelona city and club, stating that he would love to return to the Catalan city.

However, Davids later called the nerazzurri’s Sports Director, Marco Branca, to explain to him that he does not intend on leaving Inter any time soon.

“It’s not a secret that I was well in Barcelona, but now my team is Inter. I’m fine with everyone and I don’t think about the market. If I spoke about business referring to me leaving Barcelona, I surely wasn’t referring to Inter.”

Davids has not been a regular for the nerazzurri since joining the club in summer and this has fuelled speculation that he might leave Inter in January

Source: goal.com

yes/no? We r also not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)