Davids eyes Juve extension (1 Viewer)

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Davids to battle Appiah??? Since when did Davids lose his starting position?? Appiah has had some good preseason games, PRESEASON being the key word. A couple of good preseason games by Appiah do not justify selling Davids after all he has done for Juve in the last 5 years. If Davids does stay, there is no question he will start and deserves to start. I am so pissed off at the way Juve treated him last summer and this summer. There should not even be a discussion about keeping him. Sure his contract ends next season, but what are you going to do? Sell him to a champions league contender and reinforce their team with one of the best midfielders in the world? He is the heart of our midfiled and gives 110% every game. I can't believe there is even a discussion about Appiah taking over Davids spot for next year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Well whoever plays better in matches and in training will start. Doesn't matter if his name is davids appiah or maresca.

We'll just have to wait and see.

kristian1199

Aug 2, 2002
I think Maresca is more a DM than a AM and I agree with DAVIDSZ! Juve are treating Davids were rudely he is an important first team player and even tough Appiah is good too, Davids is way better! And lets think about this too, last season when juventus played much with tactic 4-3-1-2, Davids played at left wing, where he didnt get as much cards as he used to. I think Tacchinardi is the leader of our midfield even tough he isnt the best midfielder, keepin' Neddy in mind :p ! And when Neddy needs to rest we have the young and promising Oliveira on our hands!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think Appiah and Davids can play together
Nedved
Davids Appiah Zamb\Camo
like you said Davids can play on the left wing too

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Davids Said No To Chelsea In June - Agent

08/21/2003. Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids turned down a move to big-spending Chelsea in June, according to the Holland international's agent.

Robert Geerlings told Gazzetta dello Sport that there hadn't been any fresh enquiries from the Blues since then and he added that Davids was more than happy in Turin.

Chelsea have spent £75m on seven players since Roman Abramovich took over at Stamford Bridge, but are still believed to be looking for a hard working central midfielder, while are also strongly being linked with Lazio striker Hernan Crespo.

When asked about fresh speculation linking Davids to Chelsea, Geerlings said: "We don't know anything about this.

"We have not had any other offers from Chelsea since Edgar said no to them in June, but things can change.

"Juve could reach an agreement with Chelsea. We will see. What is certain is that Edgar wants to stay in Turin and hopes to discuss his renewal soon."

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Davids pushed towards Chelsea Thursday 21 August, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus will open talks with Chelsea next week in an attempt to sell midfielder Edgar Davids, according to reports.

The Dutchman is a known target for the Stamford Bridge outfit and the Italian champions are keen to sell.

The Bianconeri want to cash in on the former Ajax man as they are running the risk of losing him for nothing next summer if he remains.

Davids only has a year left on his current deal and the club have yet to open talks over an extension.

That has led to speculation that Juve are ready to release him, especially after the arrival of Stephan Appiah this summer.

The Ghanaian has impressed in pre-season and has even replaced Davids in the Juve first team.

The Italian side did turn down an £8m Chelsea offer earlier this summer but are hoping for an increased bid before selling.

However, there is a risk that Davids could reject the move after his agent admitted that the player was looking to stay for the next 12 months.

Chelsea are after a tough tackling midfielder after they attempted to open talks with Real Madrid for Claude Makelele last week.

Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports in England suggest that Inter’s Hernan Crespo will move to Chelsea on Friday.

Talks have taken place today and an offer of £25m is believed to have been accepted by the Nerazzurri.

channel4.com

:down:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Davids Said No To Chelsea In June - Agent
Posted by Alex | soccerage.com

Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids turned down a move to big-spending Chelsea in June, according to the Holland international's agent.

Robert Geerlings told Gazzetta dello Sport that there hadn't been any fresh enquiries from the Blues since then and he added that Davids was more than happy in Turin.

Chelsea have spent £75m on seven players since Roman Abramovich took over at Stamford Bridge, but are still believed to be looking for a hard working central midfielder, while are also strongly being linked with Lazio striker Hernan Crespo.

When asked about fresh speculation linking Davids to Chelsea, Geerlings said: "We don't know anything about this.

"We have not had any other offers from Chelsea since Edgar said no to them in June, but things can change.

"Juve could reach an agreement with Chelsea. We will see. What is certain is that Edgar wants to stay in Turin and hopes to discuss his renewal soon."

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Reading the 2 articles i can help feeling that in e 1st 1 the agent's just trying to indirectly tell Chelsea that "hey...... we haven't heard from u in a while, do u still 1 David's? if u do bid higher this time and u'll get him b cos Juve want to sell him"

See....

"We have not had any other offers from Chelsea since Edgar said no to them in June, but things can change "
The rest of that article is just there too mask the line above IMOH and note that agent said all..... Davids said 0

and it ties in with the 2nd article which is abt Juve wanting to sell him.......

The Italian side did turn down an £8m Chelsea offer earlier this summer but are hoping for an increased bid before selling.
sooooo........ what do u think?

I think Juve will do the $ logical move and let Davids go at a gd $ rather than get nothing for him next yr. This despite the fact that he's been a great Juve player :down::dontcare::sob:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I'm sure there would be more twists and turns in this Davids saga .. I won't believe anything until he actually signs a new contract with Juve, or officially joins another club :stuckup:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I'm sure there would be more twists and turns in this Davids saga .. I won't believe anything until he actually signs a new contract with Juve, or officially joins another club :stuckup:
There r already tooooo many.... :rolleyes: i guess we'll just hv to wait and see what is the final outcome :)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Well, assuming we sell Davids, then who do we get?

Lets see.....If Chelsea succeed in getting Davids and Crespo, then we may have a chance at getting Hasselbank. That will mean that we have to loan out Zalayeta.

Hasselbank is a great striker who just had a bad year last year.

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
hasselbaink will remain at chelsea this season imo. if they want to sell out their striker its gotta be gudjonssen. well, in the same time i also think think that crespo will remain at inter as well. but, i might be wrong ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hasselbaink? No thanks ;)

Anyway Chelsea are after Makalele now not Davids, Real will get davids if Makele leaves. Kinda domino effect.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i've said before (in the thread linking him to Roma) that if Davids leaves, then it'll either be ManU or Real Madrid.

but since ManU got Djemba-Djemba who is kinda similar, then Davids looks to be heading for Madrid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)