Davide Lanzafame (3 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
arguable, and we dont have time for is growing pains, cant afford that luxury when we re fighting for 4th spot
I was just messing around.

Of course Lanzafame isn't good enough for us, he was barely good enough for Parma, despite some promising moments.
Turns out that he was just another overhyped youngster. The list of those is almost endless by now...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Another talented youngster who doesn't / didn't get a real chance :sad:
Another silly post. :(

He never should have been brought back in the first place, yet some respected the decision just to support the new guy in charge. Yet now they turn on the player, once again, for agreeing a move to a club that supposedly was interested in his services.

If it was up to some people around here, they'd sign deadbeat players like Brazzo year after year after year. And it's incredibly tiring.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Another silly post. :(

He never should have been brought back in the first place, yet some respected the decision just to support the new guy in charge. Yet now they turn on the player, once again, for agreeing a move to a club that supposedly was interested in his services.

If it was up to some people around here, they'd sign deadbeat players like Brazzo year after year after year. And it's incredibly tiring.
Feel free to say who you mean by "some people".

Whether or not he should have been brought back is debatable, simply because of the fact that he was going to be a last resort back up anyway. A 3rd choice at best, but most likely a 4th or even 5th choice, so what does it matter?

Had we kept little Joey for that spot, there would be bitching about him not getting a real chance. And now there was bitching about Lanza not being good enough to be called back. You can never please everyone.

Fact remains that a few years ago he was one of our biggest talents. Right now, he's just another guy who has turned out to be not that great. We should be used to it by now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Feel free to say who you mean by "some people".

Whether or not he should have been brought back is debatable, simply because of the fact that he was going to be a last resort back up anyway. A 3rd choice at best, but most likely a 4th or even 5th choice, so what does it matter?

Had we kept little Joey for that spot, there would be bitching about him not getting a real chance. And now there was bitching about Lanza not being good enough to be called back. You can never please everyone.

Fact remains that a few years ago he was one of our biggest talents. Right now, he's just another guy who has turned out to be not that great. We should be used to it by now.
And that's your typical narrow-minded philosophy of, "oh, all is well, we can't do wrong! Loan him, sell him, whatever... stick with what the manager wants!"

Yeah, sell that shit to the tourists.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Because you subscribe to the same M.O. in every single situation when it comes to the youth players. Your sarcastic post above irks someone that way. You seem to always be a main advocate of the loan system and simply judge a player based on whether he makes it back to Juventus. If somehow he does and gets a starting role from time to time, you label it a success. If he doesn't, you label him a failure -- regardless of the internals at the club. You have a very puppy-like view on our youth system, one that has obvious flaws.

Lanzafame didn't get much of chance anyway, not that I would have wanted him to. But it's a bit pathetic to try to tie in a Lanzafame to Giovinco when one was showing decent play long before we brought back the other guy from a world tour to Ulan-Bator and back.

Plus you originally defended his signing again, am I right?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Because you subscribe to the same M.O. in every single situation when it comes to the youth players. Your sarcastic post above irks someone that way. You seem to always be a main advocate of the loan system and simply judge a player based on whether he makes it back to Juventus. If somehow he does and gets a starting role from time to time, you label it a success. If he doesn't, you label him a failure -- regardless of the internals at the club. You have a very puppy-like view on our youth system, one that has obvious flaws.
That's bullshit. I would like nothing more than to see our first team consisting of a bunch of youth players. As would everyone I'd imagine.
But what I have realised over the past few years, is that our youth players just haven't been that great.

But for the record, I'm ok with loans as long as you don't exaggerate with it. Which we, and most (big) Italian clubs as well, are clearly doing. Thanks mostly to the lack of 2nd teams.

You, on the other hand, always seem to defend the (former) youth players. Saying that when or if they don't make it at Juve, it's not their fault but it's the fault of the club (be it coach, management or whatever). To say it in your words: that's some kneejerking all right.

Look, I have asked the question numerous times already, yet have never received an answer: Name me one player that we developped in the youth sector & subsequently lost to a different team, that you would like to have in the team today?

Lanzafame didn't get much of chance anyway, not that I would have wanted him to. But it's a bit pathetic to try to tie in a Lanzafame to Giovinco when one was showing decent play long before we brought back the other guy from a world tour to Ulan-Bator and back.
Well I am not one of the people who have been very impressed with Giovinco, be it today, 1 year ago or 3 years ago. So I'm obviously going to tie that into Lanzafame. Another talented kid, that I haven't been impressed with.

I saw some great performances by Giovinco at times & I saw some lousy ones. But most of all I saw (or think at least) that Gio just isn't good enough & that all the hype was mostly uncalled for.
Last season, I happened to see some great games by Lanzafame as well (admittedly that was a coincidence, since I do not generally watch Parma), but not enough to justify the enourmous hype that was surrounding this kid earlier. To be clear, I'm talking about the hype in the Italian media in this case.

So is it really that insane of me to see some similarities between the 2?

Plus you originally defended his signing again, am I right?
I honestly don't remember that, which probably means I didn't care one way or the other. When it comes to back up players for the back up players, I generally don't think about it that much. If a few monts ago Lanza was fine with that role in the team, then I'm fine with it as well. Had it been Giovinco who had been fine in that role, it would have been ok for me as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)