David Villa (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
tassard said:
Anyone seeing Buffon-Villa exchange:confused: ???
That is absolutely a stupid deal.
1. Buffon is worth much more than Villa.
2. If we're gonna make a straight swap with buffon I wont settle for anything less than Messi/Ronaldinho/Kaka. Its stupid to swap for a player who plays in a position we got covered.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
That is absolutely a stupid deal.
1. Buffon is worth much more than Villa.
2. If we're gonna make a straight swap with buffon I wont settle for anything less than Messi/Ronaldinho/Kaka. Its stupid to swap for a player who plays in a position we got covered.
if we could get Petr Cech-if he is full fit-thenIwould be resonably content

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
juventus710 said:
more like: how many valencia sensations have succeded in serie a?
example: the one and only mandieta
:lol:
you mean the guy whos transfer fees single handedly drove Lazio towards bankruptcy, while he flopped so bad.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
vlatko said:
FYI villa is better than torres.
He is a diff player to Torres...better with the ball at his feet...but Torres is a deadly finisher and good in the air...Villa still overrated 4 me...reminds me of Diego Tristan...had a couple of good seasons was linked to the best clubs all over Europe...and now he is no more

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

ahmedz said:
He is a diff player to Torres...better with the ball at his feet...but Torres is a deadly finisher and good in the air...Villa still overrated 4 me...reminds me of Diego Tristan...had a couple of good seasons was linked to the best clubs all over Europe...and now he is no more
torres is a deadly finisher and villa somehow always manages to score more than him. villa is all around a better striker.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
IMO Villa is hit for now, but still I rate Torres much higher and if I went for a Spanish striker, it would be definitely Torres.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

2001/02 torres scored 6 goals
2002/03 torres scored 16 goals
2003/04 torres scored 19 goals
2004/05 torres scored 16 goals
2005/06 torres scored 13 goals
2006/07 torres scored 3 goals

2001/02 villa scored 18 goals for sporting
2002/03 villa scored 20 goals for sporting
2003/04 villa scored 17 goals for zaragoza
2004/05 villa scored 15 goals
2005/06 villa scored 25 goals
2006/07 villa scored 5 goals

and this is just the la liga, cl not included. and with the way they are going this season, villa is on a good way to scoring +20 again, same cannot be said for torres. now you tell me who is a "hit" and who is consistent. torres is a great striker imo but he has always been inconsistent.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Vlatko, he is not incosistent, he has other qualities than just scoring goals.

Besides, Valencia is a much better team than Atletico Madrid where Torres doesn´t have a great support in midfield like Villa has.

I´m telling you, Torres would do wonders in the right team...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

mark83 said:
Vlatko, he is not incosistent, he has other qualities than just scoring goals.

Besides, Valencia is a much better team than Atletico Madrid where Torres doesn´t have a great support in midfield like Villa has.

I´m telling you, Torres would do wonders in the right team...
bollocks. valencia has a better team only in this season, and 2 seasons before that they were crippled with injuries. i updated the stats, check them out. torres is inconsistent, villa is not and is just as deadly in front of the goal, perhaps even more. torres can score in 3 matches than not score in 5.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
vlatko said:
bollocks. valencia has a better team only in this season, and 2 seasons before that they were crippled with injuries. i updated the stats, check them out. torres is inconsistent, villa is not and is just as deadly in front of the goal, perhaps even more. torres can score in 3 matches than not score in 5.
Like I said, Torres offers more than goals and hasn´t got real players behind him.

+

I cannot remember when the last time Atletico was infront of Valencia in Primera.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Mark83 said:
Like I said, Torres offers more than goals and hasn´t got real players behind him.
i don't think you've seen villa play much. also, how do you explain villa scoring just as much goals while at zaragoza? torres is the golden boy of spanish football but villa is a better all-around striker, no questions asked. plus he is more consistent. that's the bottom line.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
vlatko said:
i don't think you've seen villa play much. also, how do you explain villa scoring just as much goals while at zaragoza? torres is the golden boy of spanish football but villa is a better all-around striker, no questions asked. plus he is more consistent. that's the bottom line.
:agree: :smoke:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
vlatko said:
For you O.K. for me Torres is untouchable.:smoke:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I thought this thread should be closed, coz it doesnt make a sense 2 discuss a deal that is not happening at least in the near future! :smoke:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juve-Prince said:
I thought this thread should be closed, coz it doesnt make a sense 2 discuss a deal that is not happening at least in the near future! :smoke:
:agree:

Not only it isn´t closed, now there are 2 threads about him.:disagree: :smoke:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
vlatko said:
spot on :agree:
@mark- he just showed u that stats, and i'm really convinced now. Villa at Zaragoza and sporting was better than Torres when torres had a better team than him.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

sateeh said:
spot on :agree:
@mark- he just showed u that stats, and i'm really convinced now. Villa at Zaragoza and sporting was better than Torres when torres had a better team than him.
to go a little against myself here, i'm pretty sure those 2 seasons with sporting gijon were in segunda division. still the rest of the numbers speak for themselves.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Don´t get me wrong, vlatko and sateeh, Villa is excellent BUT Torres is my favourite Spanish player and nothing will change that.

For the third time, Torres offer more than goals...

P.S. That was second division...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)