David Trezeguet (9 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I wasn't a keen Juve fan while he was here.

He left at the end of the 2010 season, released from a contract that still had a year remaining. That season was the first of what became back-to-back 7th place finishes so I can understand that the management felt a need to move on from the past and create something new - that was the summer AA took over right?

The thing that's wild to me is Trez was 32 going on 33 at the time. Was he finished by then? seems like there wouldn't be any rush to get rid of him at age 32 otherwise. His next club was Heracles, a clear step down so I'm guessing he was finished. Was it injuries or just a loss of pace or what?

Maybe it's just a sign of how football has changed. 32 certainly ain't old these days, maybe it's mostly advances in sport science and nutrition? Somebody fill me in

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I wasn't a keen Juve fan while he was here.

He left at the end of the 2010 season, released from a contract that still had a year remaining. That season was the first of what became back-to-back 7th place finishes so I can understand that the management felt a need to move on from the past and create something new - that was the summer AA took over right?

The thing that's wild to me is Trez was 32 going on 33 at the time. Was he finished by then? seems like there wouldn't be any rush to get rid of him at age 32 otherwise. His next club was Heracles, a clear step down so I'm guessing he was finished. Was it injuries or just a loss of pace or what?

Maybe it's just a sign of how football has changed. 32 certainly ain't old these days, maybe it's mostly advances in sport science and nutrition? Somebody fill me in

Football has definitely changed. In the 2007-08 season Del Piero became Serie A's topscorer and at the time it was seen as absolutely incredible for his age, which was 33.

At 33 players are no spring chickens today either, but there are so many older players right now killing it (Benzema, Modric, Messi, ..) or still active at a very decent level (Thiago Silva, Giroud, Lloris, ...).

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Football has definitely changed. In the 2007-08 season Del Piero became Serie A's topscorer and at the time it was seen as absolutely incredible for his age, which was 33.

At 33 players are no spring chickens today either, but there are so many older players right now killing it (Benzema, Modric, Messi, ..) or still active at a very decent level (Thiago Silva, Giroud, Lloris, ...).
The thing is that Alex was born in 74, Trez in 77. So it's odd that David's contract was severed. Especially given that we ended the following season with 6 or 7 strikers on the books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)