David Trezeguet (14 Viewers)

La Professore

Oct 15, 2011
this guy was great. one of the best juve players in the last 10 years. I can't believe we sold him! he is much better than idiots like Iqauinta and Amauri the goat. We should have kept Trez and had him retire at the club like Nedved.

Forza Trez17gol.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
David Trezeguet's interview with JuventusMania Arab forums.

Juventus, what does Juve shirt means to Trezeguet?

David: Juventus is a great history love to me that means a lot. I lived the most beautiful 10years with Juve of my career. Those 10years meant a lot to me and word's can't describe it.

Your move to Juventus, how did it happen? Personally I remember the agreement was reached even before the Euro2000 finals and how did it feel to score the winner against Italy in the final and then to play to Italy's biggest team?

David: My move to Juventus was thanks to Moggi, Moggi gave me confidence and support before my move which made everything easy for me. Everyone in Juventus welcomed me back then, together we went on a journey to have a great years and I achieved great things with great team.

Your start with Juventus wasn't easy as Juve had some world class strikers, Inzaghi being one of them and just in a small period time you managed to compete with him for a starting place until you were Coach's first choice. How do you re-call those days?

David: I was working and training hard everyday, commitment to my every day work, Lippi supported me a lot and gave me a lot of confidence as-well. And each time he gave me a chance to come on from the bench I was giving my all to prove myself that I'm ready. After-wards I was chosen as Juve's 1st striker, Inzaghi then moved to Milan, Lippi continues-less confidence in me helped me including everyone at Juventus back then.

In your second season with Juventus you exploded and scored 24goals in one of the toughest leagues in the world, how do you explain that?

I think giving your all, working hard and continuity in your daily training sessions, all this helps you to succeed in a tough competitive league like Serie A.

5th of May 2002, Juventus beats Udinese, Inter falls down to strong Lazio, Juventus Serie A Champions. Tell us more about that day.

What a wonderful day that was, really wonderful. We wanted to win our game at all costs without thinking of the other game, we also believed in ourselves and our chances and this is how Juventus has always been, believing till the end. And we clinched our Scudetto in a great day.

2004 till 2006 saw lot of changes in Juventus, new coach, new names, a strong and competitive team, how did you see Juve's Capello?

At that time we had a strong squad, we had a solid and world class group of players such as Cannavaro, Vieira and Ibrahimovic. At that time we managed to win the Scudetti even though our main objective was the Champions League and the team's goal was to reach the CL final back then, unfortunately we didn't achieve that.

2005 Scudetto, Del Piero's double-kick assist, Trezeguet runs away from Maldini, heads the ball and a legendary goal that will be remembered forever. How do you re-call/remember that day?

It was a hard game, actually a really tough game, stadium was fully packed I remember our fans support that day didn't stop the whole game, they helped us achieve our victory, we still had 3matches to go, but the Milan game was the turning point and we were Champions.

Lippi or Capello? Which one would you pick?

Lippi left his marks on Juventus, we can also say the same about Capello. Capello didn't stay much at the helm though and he brought some really good players with him, and I can also say that he helped me stay at Juventus as-well. Lippi had a very strong group as a squad and not individuals. I'll pick them both [Smiles] I achieved a lot under the two of them.

In 2006, Calciopoli popped out and Trezeguet was one of the few loyal players that decided to stick with the team when others left. What was David's secret for staying back then and not moving to another team?

For those who left back then, we have to respect their desire and choices. Financially Juve was gonna pass through thick times as for myself and the ones who stayed we decided to work together and get back to Serie A as soon as possible.

In return, this loyalty you showed made Juve fans love you even more, that includes, Del Piero, Nedved, Buffon and Camoranesi.

True, myself with Del Piero Buffon Pavel and Mauro decided together that we have to take Juventus back to it's normal place as for the fans, I will always thank them and forever for the love affection and trust they have always shown me.

How do you see/look at Calciopoli? Specially now that there are evidence that involves Inter and Milan and some other teams?

No one got hit by all this except Juventus, we are the only ones to pay the price, with time, we started figuring out things such as Inter's involvement in all this conspiracy but unfortunately back then only Juve paid the price. :touched::touched:

Do you think Moggi will win his case?

Moggi is an intelligent person, and he's capable of winning his case.

When you left Juve to Spain, was there any main reason for this?

[bitterness voice] That was the Management's desire.

You played with many world-class strikers throughout your career, with which player you felt you made the golden duo?

Definitely Del Piero. We achieved a lot and I made history with Alessandro.

Who was Trezeguet's closest team-mate?

Mauro Camoranesi.

Juventus with French players... A successful long story, what's the secret behind this? French players succeeding at Juventus if we look at Platini, Trezeguet and Didier and others..

You mentioned some great players [since his name was mentioned] but you forgot Zidane [laughs and everyone laughs]. Juventus always preferred the french players, Milan for instance they have a thing for Brazilians, I think the Agnelli family has a good bond with french players.

Most team you were waiting to face and play against?

From 2000-2005 it has to be Milan. Our encounters were always tough but after 2006 Calciopoli it's definitely Inter now. As for European team then it was Real Madrid.

You always scored against Real even when you moved to Hercules.

[Smiling] Real are a great team and it's always great to play against them.

You worked with different Managements at Juventus, what's the difference between Moggi's one than the one that took over in 2006?

Moggi days were special and great ones. Moggi is an intelligent person, he has history and he's aware of everything he does, great mind for over 30years in football world. Cobolli and his management loved Juventus and were trying to help but Moggi's one was different.

Zidane and Nedved, you played with both of them. How do you rate this experience?

Both Zidane and Nedved were great players, playing with them was wonderful, they have different characteristic as players but they both have magic and you can only enjoy them play. They also won Ballon d'Or.

What is so special about Juventus than other teams?

Without exaggerating, it's the winning mentality. In Juventus, you always have to win.

In Juve's new stadium, there was a star for you for being one of Juve's legendary players, and your place in Juve's fans hearts is immense, how was your relationship with the fans?

I had a strong relationship with Juve fans, they have always been close to me and I will always be thankful towards them.

We were sad when we saw all these legendary players in Juve's new stadium and we didn't see Trezeguet.

I really wanted to be there, but I have a contract with Ein UAE an I couldn't make it.

Juve fans are asking Andrea Agnelli to make a farewell match for David Trezeguet.

I'm honored to be requested again by Juve fans for a farewell game, maybe some-time in the near future we can organize something, I really have to thank the fans for all these wonderful years.

Juventus to get back to where they belong, what should be done?

Players should know the value of Juve jersey they're putting it on. They should always have the ambition and hunger in winning.

Marhcisio scored a brace against Milan, what do you think of him?

Marchisio is a great lad and player. He looked promising since his primavera days. When we were in Serie B it was pretty clear that he has what it takes to be in this team.

Tell us your last days at Juve, how it did it feel?

Leaving Juve was really hard. Not an easy feeling. I lived my best moments with Juventus, we faced difficulties there but we were also on top. I played with the same desire and ambition even in Serie B :touched::star:. Leaving Juventus was extremely hard for me and I feel bad I couldn't say goodbye to the fans after wonderful years together.
What a legend.:touched:

He also sees Juve doing well this season, France doing okay under Blanc. His mother is back living in Monaco but she still support Juve :D, and at last he says that he wants to see Juve back to where they were and were they belong.

My fingers are literally fucked with all the typing, but David is always worth it.

Long live Daviiiiiiiid.
I miss Mama Trezeguet.:touched:

:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)