David Trezeguet (29 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Trezeguet faces his past

David Trezeguet will be confronted by his past on Wednesday when he lines up for France, the country of his birth, against Argentina, the country where he grew up.

The Rouen-born marksman was raised from the age of two in South America and only returned to France at the age of 17.

So when he takes to the field for les Bleus at the Stade de France in Paris, his appearance is sure to be tinged with emotion.

"I've been waiting for this match for months," the Juventus goal ace said. "I wanted to be here, to be part of the squad.

"Even if it is a friendly match, when you face such a big team, it is a good test to know what your level is.

"I have been thinking about playing against Argentina since 1998. It will be my first match against the country that gave me the possibility to make my first footsteps in life.

"I am quite proud to have experienced that and to have the opportunity to face them. The difference is that over there, football is more than passion
."

The question of nationality - faced by Trezeguet when he had to choose between France over Argentina - has resurfaced again recently, with Real Madrid starlet Gonzalo Higuain finding himself in the same situation.

But unlike Trezeguet, the youngster opted for Argentina, but Trezeguet is glad of the choice he made all those years ago.

"At the age of 17, I was exactly in the same situation as Gonzalo Higuain," Trezeguet said. "I was with Monaco and was called up for the first time.

"I respect his decision. He was born in France but left after six months. He has lived all his life in Argentina. You have to feel the shirt to wear it.

"I wanted to wear Argentina shirt, but I had the possibility to move to Monaco and to be called up by the national team.

"Time helps to adapt. I adapted myself, people adopted me, and I am proud to wear that blue shirt.

"I have to be more respectful than a player who was born here, who spent all his life here.:confused2

"I am happy to have made the choice to wear the blue shirt.
"

Eurosport

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
"I have to be more respectful than a player who was born here, who spent all his life here.:confused2
He means that in order to be accepted by the French, he had to work hard and prove that he is worthy of the jersey, while a native would be accepted by his ethnicity.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
He means that in order to be accepted by the French, he had to work hard and prove that he is worthy of the jersey, while a native would be accepted by his ethnicity.
:lol: @ trez
none of the so called "French" players are French other than a few

nyways im hoping for a draw

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Domenech's choice of strikeforce will be interesting. As Cisse said on Monday: "Titi Henry is in front of everyone, untouchable. Then there is David (Trezeguet), who is ahead of the others.

"After that, it is Nico (Anelka), me and Louis Saha. I put David second because I have respect for him
."

Sporting Life

Inara

Dec 14, 2006
All of Lyon's center forwards are cursed this year. Trez should ask Raymond Domenech for some astrology advice on this one.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Inara

Dec 14, 2006
I value Trezeguet for nothing less than 20 million Euros or 14 million along with Tiago.
That means you want Tiago for 6 million Euros. Definitely not going to happen.

Lyon bought Tiago for 10 million Euros - and his value has increased since then. Plus, I don't think Lyon really wants Trez right now. It was one thing last summer, but another year has passed, and Trez is another year older. Lyon already have Benzema, Fred, and Wiltord (plus Baros...:disagree: ). And they'll be signing another young striker this summer.

Juve and Trez missed their chance with Lyon, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)