David Silva (26 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
They know we need someone, but they also know that we can get someone else,
so i dont think they will up the price above his market value only because we need him more. They are afraid their competitors wont do that and by raising his pricing too much, they doom their chances. In this era of global economical crisis, i expect less teams to be able to to throw cash away as before and i do expect more teams
forced to sell some of their stars to prices, bellow their anterior value.
At this very moment it is an excellent opportunity to buy a good player if we have the available cash. IMO for 20-25mil euros we can buy Diego or Silva, unless another top spending team interfere...

You have a valid point but bare in mind that the players Juve are after are established first team players.They have a strong reputation,feature for their respective national teams & are great impact players that can deliver individual performance when the chips are down.

That being said even though as a global community going through an economical crisis football is on another level altogether.For major teams its imperative to compete in the CL as a huge source of revenue & one can only compete efficiently with a solid squad based on hard workers,superstars,players mature & young with great depth.Players like Diego/Ribery/Silva deliver on & off the pitch with merchandise & increased season tickets to see a new super star feature for a team.

All that said it doesnt really matter who Secco sets his sights on because i truly believe that any director for a club would milk a transfer for as long as they can.

That is part of why Juve is negotiating for several players.

If a club tries to force the price up too much, we will just pursue other options.
See this is what worries me,why muck about choosing over five players?At the end of the day this should have been evaluated long before his announcement which would have given them ample time to analyze a replacement,negotiate without rash thinking & complete the transaction without the media ruining any chance of signing the prospective player by alerting possible rival teams.

I sincerely hope that personal agreements have been reached with all the prospective targets which would only leave the clubs as the major stumbling block.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #282
    I sincerely hope that personal agreements have been reached with all the prospective targets which would only leave the clubs as the major stumbling block.
    That's supposedly done with Silva and Diego in an advanced phase. Segui(agent of Sissoko) was the one working on the Silva deal acting as an intermediate and "sealing" the deal with agent and player. They have some sort of understanding on the price to pay and if Juve are willing to pay Valencia don't track back then he'll be ours.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    That's supposedly done with Silva and Diego in an advanced phase. Segui(agent of Sissoko) was the one working on the Silva deal acting as an intermediate and "sealing" the deal with agent and player. They have some sort of understanding on the price to pay and if Juve are willing to pay Valencia don't track back then he'll be ours.
    See this is what i dont get,if agreements are in place with the player & team,whats up with the delay?Are they looking for a cheaper alternative of just looking for a bargain come the next transfer window.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #284
    I think with the teams there's nothing concrete. By understanding I meant a ballpark price. Something like between 20/25m 15/18m. Not a definite price. My guess is that they throw the line in different directions, check who's available to leave their club, see if they could fit in our formation, look at the total cost and decide in the end with the coach and staff who's the most viable option for them.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #286
    Silva adds more versatility because he can play as an attacking right mid which could be useful after Camo leaves in a couple of seasons or so.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #288
    It's the hot or cold player linked to Juve game. Atm Diego is the closest. :p

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    I would prefer a brazillian to a spaniard. Because the spanish, in my mind, are renowned for their lack of steel. Whereas Brazillians are not...Although Diego is no giant, he is more robust than Silva, and he also has a different, hotter, more feral latin energy in his blood than the spaniard.

Still, a natural winger to play as a winger, or a natural centrally attacking midfielder to play...where**** as a winger*** in front of two monsters in Momo and Marchisio***

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
    “Who knows, maybe this new opportunity could convince Pavel to reconsider and tempt him to play with us for another year. I’m putting the bait out there and will see what happens.
    “I admire him a great deal and would be very happy to make him change his mind. Is the club looking for his replacement? There have been some names mentioned, but we are talking about a different position.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr4i.html

ranieri's thoughts on nedved
    i suppose we are being serious bout diego then

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    I am assuming that Pavel is leaving, at least the starting XI. And in that case we are losing an element of fury from the starting XI. We can't get another play with his Jack Bauer never say die attitude, there are very few players like him of a high quality standing...but going for a lightweight spaniard as his replacement, is too big a loss of manliness...Diego represents a slightly smaller loss.

We are losing a grinding tooth...Especially with Molinaro on the left, its imperative that our left winger has an ounze of strength about him, at least. Hamsik, Ribery and then Diego, would be the ones for the job, win that order of Fury value...

I don't think a lightweight spaniard would survive in seria A...however skilful. He is used to protection, from referees, from the culture of the game in spain, which he would not get in Italy. The bundesliga is a more rugged league all round. Most similar to the british game if any other league at all, but still, with its own unique character...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I am assuming that Pavel is leaving, at least the starting XI. And in that case we are losing an element of fury from the starting XI. We can't get another play with his Jack Bauer never say die attitude, there are very few players like him of a high quality standing...but going for a lightweight spaniard as his replacement, is too big a loss of manliness...Diego represents a slightly smaller loss.

We are losing a grinding tooth...Especially with Molinaro on the left, its imperative that our left winger has an ounze of strength about him, at least. Hamsik, Ribery and then Diego, would be the ones for the job, win that order of Fury value...
    Don't talk about teeth. That's my specialty.

Hamsik and Diego are not left-wingers. Remember? Or is the weed kicking in already?

I don't think a lightweight spaniard would survive in seria A...however skilful. He is used to protection, from referees, from the culture of the game in spain, which he would not get in Italy. The bundesliga is a more rugged league all round. Most similar to the british game if any other league at all, but still, with its own unique character...
    This is just nonsense. And you defeat your own argument by pulling the British game into your post. Have you ever heard of Torres at Liverpool? But perhaps I'm wrong and Torres could do better...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    Don't talk about teeth. That's my specialty.

Hamsik and Diego are not left-wingers. Remember? Or is the weed kicking in already?

This is just nonsense. And you defeat your own argument by pulling the British game into your post. Have you ever heard of Torres at Liverpool? But perhaps I'm wrong and Torres could do better...

I know damn well that Hamsik and Diego are not natural left wingers, but like most other Juve supporters I also know that Ranieri is a dogged, unwavering lover of the sturdy 4-4-2.

Nobody knows if we are to change formation next season. Though many people hope...Adding an centrally attacking midfield position to our team would benefit our strikers as well as give more chances for Giovinco to shine...

As for Torres. you have picked just the one spaniard. One...During the time I have been watching football, italian, spanish, english, international...the spanish have always ranked close to, or at the top, of the flimsiness listings. I remember Hierro, Nadal, perhaps Puyol could be accepted as lacking the spanish weakness, lack of steel in their blood, which I am referring to.

Spanish players are to me the most commonly diving, physically weakest, most skilful players...I see it in their national team. I see it their players. Yes, Torres is an exception...though bringing into my discussion the English game is valid. Its connection to the British game is clear, to anyone who has an idea of pace, frenzy, tactics...

Why do you think that there are very very few spaniards who have been successful in the italian league or english league*** That is not a generalization, its a fact...

in england there is fabregas, torres...in italy there are...*** Fabregad could do well in Serie A, as could Torress, but that doesn't change the fact that most of their countrymen, as footballers, are flimsy as daisys...

I have more faith in the fury value of DIego, as a brazillian, than I do in SIlva...

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    Why do you think that there are very very few spaniards who have been successful in the italian league or english league*** That is not a generalization, its a fact...

in england there is fabregas, torres...in italy there are...*** Fabregad could do well in Serie A, as could Torress, but that doesn't change the fact that most of their countrymen, as footballers, are flimsy as daisys...
    So Xabi Alonso, Xavi, David Villa, Pique couldn't do well in England or Italy?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Spanish players are to me the most commonly diving, physically weakest, most skilful players...I see it in their national team. I see it their players. Yes, Torres is an exception...though bringing into my discussion the English game is valid. Its connection to the British game is clear, to anyone who has an idea of pace, frenzy, tactics...
    Yet, even in spite of their supposed weakness, they are European Champions.

You don't offer anything besides nonsense.

Your question lacks understanding that... most Spanish players will play in Spain, just like Italians in Italy and English in England.

Again, I'm afraid it's just nonsense.

Mar 30, 2006
    Yet, even in spite of their supposed weakness, they are European Champions.

You don't offer anything besides nonsense.

Your question lacks understanding that... most Spanish players will play in Spain, just like Italians in Italy and English in England.

Again, I'm afraid it's just nonsense.
    I dont think performance comes down to what country a player comes from but the players characteristics. the fact he is Spanish means little but the player in question is small and not great at defending .. also he might not be able to adapt to the league (like any foreign player)

With a player like Hamsik we know what we are getting in Serie A (even if they are not the same type of player or the same position)

Anyway I think Silva has what it takes to be a success because he is not a one dimensional player by anymeans and can play a number of roles. That is not to say I would not want Hamsik

I think our team can acommodate any of the star players we are linked with.. Silva in a 442, Hamsik in a 433 .. either way we would do good to get one of these great players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)