David Alaba - D LC - Bayern Munich (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The fact that we're staying away from this (probably high salary freebies) could actually be a sign we're learning from our mistakes.

Or we're broke as fuck. Probably this, yeah, we're broke.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
11m net is high enough though.
for a player on a bosman? that's ~19m gross (without the new tax rule, which is about to be revoked), more or less the same amount as arthur cost us per season. for the same money, i'd certainly pick alaba out of these two.

we only have two players who are clearly better on their respective positions than alaba: cr and de ligt. both cost much more than 19m. ffs, douglas costa did cost ~22m last season. i wouldn't call alaba a bargain by any means, but if those rumored numbers are accurate, he's not excessively expensive either. :boh:

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
for a player on a bosman? that's ~19m gross (without the new tax rule, which is about to be revoked), more or less the same amount as arthur cost us per season. for the same money, i'd certainly pick alaba out of these two.

we only have two players who are clearly better on their respective positions than alaba: cr and de ligt. both cost much more than 19m. ffs, douglas costa did cost ~22m last season. i wouldn't call alaba a bargain by any means, but if those rumored numbers are accurate, he's not excessively expensive either. :boh:
He'll earn at Madrid what Lewandowski earns at Bayern now. No chance I'd keep him for that money.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Now this is a proper 'freebie' The Ramsey and Rabiot free signings were just opportunities while Alaba is worth it, because there's very few like him. Expensive but a steal.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Possibly the best freebie to go for over the years...maybe the club realises midfield is a priority right now.

If we signed him for 11m I wonder whether dybala would turn around and say he was mvp last season...been with the club for a long time...why can't you agree to more with my contract etc...

Just maybe we are trying to lower wage expectations for existing and future signings as well.

Or just maybe he wanted to play for the greatest team of all time in real Madrid. Cant blame him for that.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Or Real Madrid just signed him and he was always going there.
Money talks, as always. If we went a few millies over their prize, we would've had him. As we have done with De Ligt eg.

But we're obviously changing our strategy and we're trying to lower our wage bill.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He went there only because we were not interested. :fab2:
Lol but really the Madrid rumours were there since day one, and if you are talking about a player leaving a team like Bayern it's because he has a team like them in mind.

Sure, they are not doing great but neither are Barcelona, Juve, City or Liverpool. Barcelona clearly can't afford him right now so all roads pointed to either Madrid, or to a lesser extent, City with Pep.

Madrid still have that prestige and lifestyle draw that no other club really has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)