Dark (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

OP
Wittl

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
  • Thread Starter #22
    Nah, she's only what? 37? Just not that sexy imo.

Martina Hill (42) though :sheik:
    In her role she was quite hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Jokes aside.

For those who watched it

Season 1 was great and the final scene:shocked:. There are numerous of questions which have to be answered in season 2. I can't wait for it..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I loved it a lot but was not really delighted with the 10th episode.
    :agree:

I thought it was a great show for 9 episodes, loved it...

...but about half-way through the last episode it did an abrupt about-face and gave a really lame finish. Almost ruined it for me. Show took the easy way out. Hopefully season 2 can redeem the poor ending.

The atmosphere of it and the soundtrack really were outstanding though. Those two aspects made the show quite enthralling.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    :agree:

I thought it was a great show for 9 episodes, loved it...

...but about half-way through the last episode it did an abrupt about-face and gave a really lame finish. Almost ruined it for me. Show took the easy way out. Hopefully season 2 can redeem the poor ending.

The atmosphere of it and the soundtrack really were outstanding though. Those two aspects made the show quite enthralling.
    What did you find lame? Jonas going to the future? that was random and a non-sequitur

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    What did you find lame? Jonas going to the future? that was random and a non-sequitur
    I thought they cranked the pacing up far too much and kind of spoiled the atmosphere of the show up that point. The last 30-ish minutes of the season seemed so rushed (and at times random). I understand that the show was building to this point, to a head where resolution would be reached, I just felt that they tried to pack far too much into that last episode, reveal too much all at once. And the last scene in the future, was just way too cliché and obvious.

Regardless, I am happy they left quite a few questions unanswered, left the labyrinth at least somewhat intact. I quite enjoyed the use of the myth of Ariadne and the Labyrinth. The monologue of Martha's was a perfect choice. As was the kind of Faustian thing going on with Bartosz and Noah that the show only very briefly touched upon. And the Hermeticism-Emerald Tablet deal... I'm curious to see where they take the show in the second season and whether such influences remain.

OP
    Wittl

Wittl

Contributor
    Feb 21, 2017
  • Thread Starter #26
    This last scene was weird. I asked myself, why this armed girl who knocked him down with her gun said "welcome to the future" ..why has she known that Jonas just arrived from the past? Most characters yet don't know about time travel.

I thought they cranked the pacing up far too much and kind of spoiled the atmosphere of the show up that point. The last 30-ish minutes of the season seemed so rushed (and at times random). I understand that the show was building to this point, to a head where resolution would be reached, I just felt that they tried to pack far too much into that last episode, reveal too much all at once. And the last scene in the future, was just way too cliché and obvious.

Regardless, I am happy they left quite a few questions unanswered, left the labyrinth at least somewhat intact. I quite enjoyed the use of the myth of Ariadne and the Labyrinth. The monologue of Martha's was a perfect choice. As was the kind of Faustian thing going on with Bartosz and Noah that the show only very briefly touched upon. And the Hermeticism-Emerald Tablet deal... I'm curious to see where they take the show in the second season and whether such influences remain.
    I am happy too, they left many questions unanswered. The essential things you mentioned (Emerald Tablet on Noah's back, Ariadne/labyrinth, the relation between Noah an Bartosz, Noah and Claudia and how Claudia has become what she is (what happened since she has been director of the power plant and found her dog from her childhood) etc.) are still open and this leaves the hope of a great story in 2nd season.

I didn't felt like they wanted to reveal too much in the last 30 minutes. They revealed some points like how those (dead) boys got there where they've been found and how some characters have been involved with that (Charlotte's husband, Ulrich's father, Helge etc.) etc.
    But they didn't reveald other points which at this point doesn't seem to be very essential yet. For example:
    What about this Boris/Aleksander thing? Why has he had a gunshot wound when he was young and appeared in this forest?
    What about this watch Noah gave Charlotte's deaf daughter with her inscription?
    What about those young Tronte's wounds on his arm? Who misstreated him? Maybe his father/Agnes' husband who's a pastor? Noah?
    And many more...

I'm very excited what will happen in season 2...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Watch and weep

Seriously though it's not thaaat bad. It's a bit worse and the final sequence is meh, but it's still decent TV. You won't end up scarred for life TLJ style
    Yeah. It's a bit too frantic and the final scene is pretty bleh. But it really is only about 5-10 poor minutes in a 10 episode season.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    Already wachted? How did you like it?
    Loved the show for 9 episodes and like 40 minutes but then it went like a kid started writing his name in the middle of a sheet but his name is too long and he is squeezing those letters in but he could simply write in the next line. Season should have ended with the Jonas = hood guy reveal without that energy dome thingy, portal with Helge and time travel into Mad Max world. It didn't need to pace up that much to have a nice climatic season finale. I hope it doesn't go full LOST :scared:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    Loved the show for 9 episodes and like 40 minutes but then it went like a kid started writing his name in the middle of a sheet but his name is too long and he is squeezing those letters in but he could simply write in the next line. Season should have ended with the Jonas = hood guy reveal without that energy dome thingy, portal with Helge and time travel into Mad Max world. It didn't need to pace up that much to have a nice climatic season finale. I hope it doesn't go full LOST :scared:
    :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

OP
    Wittl

Wittl

Contributor
    Feb 21, 2017
  • Thread Starter #37

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)