Daniele Rugani (78 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I don't even blame him. I blame the team that always relies on the 'if we don't make a single mistake then maybe we'll go through' DNA. Guess what, every team makes mistakes. But only in our case one mistake is always the nail in the coffin.
Yeah good point. If it wasn't him then it'd be someone else. What sucks is the fact Juve don't convert their chances and then they're too nervous. They lose their heads on the first bump, literally.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I did think so. But subbed because of the mistake or not it probably has the same effect. It could have been Danilo. Anyway just my opinion. You seem a bit agitated
Seemed like an obvious tactical sub to me as we needed a goal desperately. De Ligt and Danilo both being better than Rugani, but also more mobile to cover the spaces left.

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
if anyone says that he was good before the penalty accident he doesn't know shit about football and has a loser mentality. rugani serie b level defender or maybe not even serie b level. easy to play against him for an attacker.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Whilst he has done ok this season and was decent in the game, he still made an inexplicable error.

He’s already proven that he’s not Juventus level. Last season no one would take him on a free loan other than Cagliari. And yet he is still here as a 3rd centre back. You can’t say he’s a 4th as Chiellini is very rarely fit so he can’t count. That is on the management and is unforgivable.

Yes his salary is something ridiculous like 3.5ml net. Well on the surface he’s certainly cost us a lot more than that.

The DNA we’re lacking from previous eras is the ruthlessness to remove players who aren’t good enough to be here. Possibly because we’re spending the time picking off the higher paid players who don’t belong here first due to the genius Paratici.

Here’s hoping Arrivabene brings back the culture of removing the guff.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Whilst he has done ok this season and was decent in the game, he still made an inexplicable error.

He’s already proven that he’s not Juventus level. Last season no one would take him on a free loan other than Cagliari. And yet he is still here as a 3rd centre back. You can’t say he’s a 4th as Chiellini is very rarely fit so he can’t count. That is on the management and is unforgivable.

Yes his salary is something ridiculous like 3.5ml net. Well on the surface he’s certainly cost us a lot more than that.

The DNA we’re lacking from previous eras is the ruthlessness to remove players who aren’t good enough to be here. Possibly because we’re spending the time picking off the higher paid players who don’t belong here first due to the genius Paratici.

Here’s hoping Arrivabene brings back the culture of removing the guff.
There's evidence to suggest it's already happening.

We pulled out of contract negotiations with Dybala waiting to see how his season will pan out and rightfully so.

We are refusing to give a payrise to Cuadrado or increase his contract length which is perfectly understandable as he's 34. And we're talking about a loyal servant to Juventus here.

We're doing the same with guys like Turdeski and deservedly so. Hopefully, guys like Rabiot, Sandro and the likes follow suit.

The way we've handled negotiations with Dybala's contract gives me hope that we can be ruthless when needed.

The old management would've surely panicked and extended his contract by now had they been in the same situation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't mind having players like him or De Sciglio on the team. De Sciglio can play both sides and is your 3rd choice on either, Rugani is at best a 4th/5th choice CB and he's good enough for that. The problem is all the overpaid shit that is supposed to carry us, "starters" like Rabiot, Arthur, AS... Then the injuries, which always take out our best players. Replace Arthur and Rabiot with Zakaria and Chiesa and we win, even with De Sciglio and Rugani starting

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I don't mind having players like him or De Sciglio on the team. De Sciglio can play both sides and is your 3rd choice on either, Rugani is at best a 4th/5th choice CB and he's good enough for that. The problem is all the overpaid shit that is supposed to carry us, "starters" like Rabiot, Arthur, AS... Then the injuries, which always take out our best players. Replace Arthur and Rabiot with Zakaria and Chiesa and we win, even with De Sciglio and Rugani starting
You are still living in a bygone era. We shouldn’t be accepting Rugani and MDS as 3rd or 4th choice options. A number of Mid table Serie A sides have better options at 3rd or 4th choice, let alone what current elite teams like Liverpool or Man City have.

Sure there’s bigger problems to fix in the starting line up, but this is still a problem that has been allowed to fester for a while now.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
3.5m for a 5th choice is still way way too much though, imo max 2m for such a role. there are plenty of much better CBs playing in Serie A who earn less than 2m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)