Daniele Rugani (39 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
honetsly, the only thing Bonu might have over him right now is the playmaking, which isnt that important other than his long pass when we are pressed. the other thing is experience, but 1. thats our fault for not giving him more playing time in big games and preferring retired Barza and 2. experience means shit when you lose aerial duels vs midgets and get beaten on the dribble by 190cm dudes

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
honetsly, the only thing Bonu might have over him right now is the playmaking, which isnt that important other than his long pass when we are pressed. the other thing is experience, but 1. thats our fault for not giving him more playing time in big games and preferring retired Barza and 2. experience means shit when you lose aerial duels vs midgets and get beaten on the dribble by 190cm dudes
He's played a ton, prior to this season. Don't pull a Hydde and act like he never plays. Barzagli almost exclusively played RB or in a 3 man CB line last year.

Rugani in all comps:

15/16: 1493 minutes (and all after December 13th. Didn't play a minute in the first 16 rounds of Serie A)
16/17: 1558 minutes (missed the last month of the season with a knee injury)
17/18: 2225 minutes (played the full 90 in 11 of our last 14 Serie A matches, including the last 4 rounds after Napoli loss - Inter, Bologna, Roma, Hellas - while fighting Napoli for scudetto)

Last season he was fantastic, and was our 2nd CB behind Giorgio (2162 minutes in league) in Serie A, playing 1935 minutes in the league. Allegri rotated well, as our first pairing was Benatia-Chiellini in CL, and Rugani-Chiellini in Serie A. Our record in Serie A with Rugani last year, by the way, 18 wins - 1 loss - 3 draws :delpiero:

The only place Rugani doesn't have a lot of experience is CL. But that will come with time. It's not like the guy is old. He's 24. And he's done a great job for us thus far in Serie A. Played matches against all of Inter, Napoli, Roma, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Atalanta, etc. In Serie A we are 13 wins - 1 draw (only 6 goals conceded) against those teams with Rugani playing.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's played a ton, prior to this season. Don't pull a Hydde and act like he never plays. Barzagli almost exclusively played RB or in a 3 man CB line last year.

Rugani in all comps:

15/16: 1493 minutes (and all after December 13th. Didn't play a minute in the first 16 rounds of Serie A)
16/17: 1558 minutes (missed the last month of the season with a knee injury)
17/18: 2225 minutes (played the full 90 in 11 of our last 14 Serie A matches, including the last 4 rounds after Napoli loss - Inter, Bologna, Roma, Hellas - while fighting Napoli for scudetto)

Last season he was fantastic, and was our 2nd CB behind Giorgio (2162 minutes in league) in Serie A, playing 1935 minutes in the league. Allegri rotated well, as our first pairing was Benatia-Chiellini in CL, and Rugani-Chiellini in Serie A. Our record in Serie A with Rugani last year, by the way, 18 wins - 1 loss - 3 draws :delpiero:

The only place Rugani doesn't have a lot of experience is CL. But that will come with time. It's not like the guy is old. He's 24. And he's done a great job for us thus far in Serie A. Played matches against all of Inter, Napoli, Roma, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Atalanta, etc. In Serie A we are 13 wins - 1 draw (only 6 goals conceded) against those teams with Rugani playing.
Hey, i argued with Hydde as much as you did before i gave up :p

But im talking about CL. We should have trusted him more there from the get go, he barely has any games in that comp since joining, especially in the knockouts. Thats where top players are built

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hey, i argued with Hydde as much as you did before i gave up :p

But im talking about CL. We should have trusted him more there from the get go, he barely has any games in that comp since joining, especially in the knockouts. Thats where top players are built
Dont give up. Fight for your dreams! Ganbare!

About Rugani, i think he is showing maturity, after being benched for so many years. maybe his time has come finally. I have liked what i have seen from him this season.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds an awful lot like Bonucci.
and this.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dont give up. Fight for your dreams! Ganbare!

About Rugani, i think he is showing maturity, after being benched for so many years. maybe his time has come finally. I have liked what i have seen from him this season.

- - - Updated - - -

and this.
Considering what team he joined and who he had infront of him, he played quite a lot. The lack of minutes in CL is what im pointing out, but to be fair its tough finding minutes with our CB lineup. Its fine Chielini, Benatia and Bonucci (before this season) played more in the CL considering we didnt have many injuries and suspensions. However, and i said it last season already, there is no way Barzagli should play more CL games in one season (last one, where he was 36/37) than Rugani in his whole career so far. Thats the only issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)