Daniele Rugani (41 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Davide Torchia: "Rugani expects to play more games. However ambition must not be confused with presumption. He would like to stay at Juve for another 10 years. Then it is normal that he would like to play more than anyone else. Of course, with the arrival of Bonucci.." RadioVS

Yeah, I think he's leaving

- - - Updated - - -

From his quotes, you sense that Rugani is going to make a practical decision than an emotional one. Practical decision being, earning more money at Chelsea and playing more games under a coach he knows very well.

Ofcourse he'd like to stay at Juve for 10 years if he could(with him being a fan and all) but you gotta look out for your career growth too.

This is what I can gather from what his agent is trying to say.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Davide Torchia: "Rugani expects to play more games. However ambition must not be confused with presumption. He would like to stay at Juve for another 10 years. Then it is normal that he would like to play more than anyone else. Of course, with the arrival of Bonucci.." RadioVS

Yeah, I think he's leaving

- - - Updated - - -

From his quotes, you sense that Rugani is going to make a practical decision than an emotional one. Practical decision being, earning more money at Chelsea and playing more games under a coach he knows very well.

Ofcourse he'd like to stay at Juve for 10 years if he could(with him being a fan and all) but you gotta look out for your career growth too.

This is what I can gather from what his agent is trying to say.
And we're selling Caldara and Pjanic and Sandro and probably Dybala too, right? :baus:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Thing is it's not any different at Chelsea. Maybe slightly easier to play but not exactly easy. Cahill, Zouma, Rudiger, Lulz on the bench, Christiansen,
Cahill will be moved on. That's what I'm reading.

I don't know about Luiz. Was linked to Napoli earlier this month.

Atleast 1 if not 2 CB's will leave Chelsea.

Also wouldn't you think Sarri would favour him over others ?

- - - Updated - - -

And we're selling Caldara and Pjanic and Sandro and probably Dybala too, right? :baus:
I never said that. If Rugani leaves , Caldara stays. But if we don't sell Rugani , I fear about that shitty swap deal.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Cahill will be moved on. That's what I'm reading.

I don't know about Luiz. Was linked to Napoli earlier this month.

Atleast 1 if not 2 CB's will leave Chelsea.

Also wouldn't you think Sarri would favour him over others ?
Maybe to begin with but Chelsea in the PL is not Empoli in Italy, it's a brand new experience.

I can see where you're coming from with the practical choice, especially with Caldara coming in. Obviously if Bonucci comes in he's almost got no choice, but I'd rather it stays as the status quo, or worst case scenario Bonucci for Benatia. And I do mean worst case there... Our balance is nice as it is.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
First off I'd like to start with a few accurate statements

Wow, people are pretty hyped about Rugani. Been a fan long enough to know that whatever he has shown until now means almost nothing. Bright Italian starlets tend to burn out fast nowadays.

Empoli have conceded 14, the 4th worst defence in the league. This guy sucks

Someone explain me whats so special about this guy?

I'm still waiting for an answer myself

watch him flop here like criscito. rakib tears will flow for years

I hate to give you credit for something you trolled your way into being right

And now for a couple of swings and misses:

no Barzagli
Ogbonna stays
Matiello
next generation with rugani Matiello

I don't understand this Ogbonna criticism either. IMO Bonucci is a bigger liability and scoring goals or making through passes doesn't make up for it at all. In my world a CB is pure defending, especially if you play with a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Marchisio. Ogbonna is never overrun BC he's the fastest man alive after Ursain Bolt, and given his age he's still to peak just like Barzagli did it once he turned 29. I'd rather make some money on BonBon and bring in Rugani as potential replacement.

Caceres is seen as a rb, so our cbs are barzagli, bonucci, chiellini, ogbonna, and rugani. We do not know how Barzagli will turn out and how many more years he has. Ogbonna is staying, there is no reason he should leave.

I hope you do realize that Ogbonna wont be losing a place in this team. He has been great when called upon, rugani will ultimately occupy Barzaglis spot in this club.

Yes lets forget about his talent, the fact that he is able to play games and not get a yellow card makes him the real deal.

He seems ready for his chance imo.
Hopefully he will be our next CB leader in the near future after Barza.
Tuz :heart:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm kind of happy that Chelsea are not considering him anymore. I have a feeling, if he stays, he will finally claim his place in the starting 11.

I've seen massive improvement in his passing game along with his usual high concentration levels. Hopefully, Caldara stays too and we lock our defense for the future.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
well if he can't claim a place ahead of old man barza, and knowing how often chiellni gets injured....well it would turn out that history has proved me right again.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
He never really had a run of games, it was mostly an odd game here and there. I think he'll show a lot more promise if he plays 5 games in a row. He's a very shitty passer though, that's something that won't improve easily.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He never really had a run of games, it was mostly an odd game here and there. I think he'll show a lot more promise if he plays 5 games in a row. He's a very shitty passer though, that's something that won't improve easily.
Wat?

He played 7 of our last 8 serie a matches. Full 90 minutes. 11 of our last 14. In the midst of a scudetto battle with Napoli.

He also played 10 of the first 13 matches in Serie A, full 90.

I'd say those are good runs of games.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wat?

He played 7 of our last 8 serie a matches. Full 90 minutes. 11 of our last 14. In the midst of a scudetto battle with Napoli.

He also played 10 of the first 13 matches in Serie A, full 90.

I'd say those are good runs of games.
You still don't get it, do you.

A good run consists of 38 games without a break. The full 90. Anything less would be uncivilized.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He never really had a run of games, it was mostly an odd game here and there. I think he'll show a lot more promise if he plays 5 games in a row. He's a very $#@!ty passer though, that's something that won't improve easily.
No he is not. In fact, he's very good passer for a defender with both feet. You see him constantly switch sides with perfect diagonal balls and his short passing is clean. That's why Sarri is interested in him. Chiellini is a shitty passer.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I like Rugani but he has to up his confidence. He is improving and I wish he could play more with Caldara so that it forces him to step up (make use of preseason for this). I quite enjoyed how Allegri attempted to toughen him up and he went batshit crazy with some hilarious fouls. Watching him press high up into the opponents box is quite a sight while holding my breath the opponent does not exploit the hole he has left at the back.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I like Rugani but he has to up his confidence. He is improving and I wish he could play more with Caldara so that it forces him to step up (make use of preseason for this). I quite enjoyed how Allegri attempted to toughen him up and he went batshit crazy with some hilarious fouls. Watching him press high up into the opponents box is quite a sight while holding my breath the opponent does not exploit the hole he has left at the back.
Imo the problem is that since Bonucci developed we didnt have defender who was still learning. Its normal that he makes mistakes but since Juve is always used to have solid as fuck defence its hard to develop new guy, who surely will make few mistakes.
Though in my opinion, ending of the season, where Rugani started so many crucial games (Roma, Inter, Sampa) was positive thing from him. He finally got some good test.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Imo the problem is that since Bonucci developed we didnt have defender who was still learning. Its normal that he makes mistakes but since Juve is always used to have solid as $#@! defence its hard to develop new guy, who surely will make few mistakes.
Though in my opinion, ending of the season, where Rugani started so many crucial games (Roma, Inter, Sampa) was positive thing from him. He finally got some good test.
I agree. Barzagli isnt close to world class anymore and our captain has 2 more elite years at best. We need to keep Rugani and Caldara

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)