Daniele Rugani (33 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
While i agree that rugani needs to be patient, i find no excuses to giving minutes to barzagli instead of him.

I mean, barzagli is way too old. Allegri is making a mistake by not introducing rugani to the first team and instead relying on a very old baerzagli. We all know barza knows how to defend and is more experienced than rugani, but come on, the guy is retiring material.

Better to use this precious time to see more of rugani, than trying to extend the ibevitable with barxagli.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
This is his third year waiting. Can't really blame him if he want to leave.

Allegri doesn't do us any favours. I understand why Max wanna play experienced Barzagli, Chiellini and now godmode Benatia over him. But if it get to that point Daniele decide to take his bags somewhere else. I think we lose very very good player.

He have not been good this season, little error prone perhaps. But he have not been playing constantly for 3 years. When did, he was one best centre-backs in Serie A only age 20.
People tend to forget best backlines takes time to evolve, and some are maybe blindsighted because we have had historical backline now 6-7 years. Possible its not going to be on that level never again.

Rugani is over 6 ft 2 He is very good with the ball, and he have shown abilities to be first class defender. I really like way he push the ball forward. So qualities are there. Only quality he lacks is experience. I think its pretty harsh to assume he dominates like someone from BBC, when he is not even playing much. If someone play Benatia card here. Remember also that Benatia have more experience with other good clubs. Rugani is still a boy.

I really hope Rugani still have patience to wait for summer. I don't think its going to get better under Allegri. Max want to win now. He don't have time to wait. And thats why he play all trusted veterans. He still believes they all come around. And that fine this season. But next year i think we have to part ways with Allegri. We have to start playing youngsters soon. And i don't want Allegri near Caldara, Spinazzola or Mandragora.
Why do we have to start playing youngsters soon? Thats wasting the talent of Buffon Chiellini, Higgy, and Mandzukic trying to build for the future. What big team does this? If they arent better than the starter they shouldnt start and its hard to argue hes better than Chiellini/Benatia right now

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Barza played ~300 of his 1300 minutes at RB, Rugani and Benatia both played 1190 minutes so far. the only constant (as it should be) is Chiellini, the other spot depends on tactical reasons, form, fatigue and health, as neither of them (other than recent version of Benatia) has justified being the undisputed starter over the other

May 23, 2013
Benatia looks this good because as a whole we have become more solid defensively and are playing more disciplined. If Barzagli and maybe Rugani would play in his place they would do just aswell. Chiello shits on Benatia.

Fantôme

Jul 25, 2015
Why do we have to start playing youngsters soon? Thats wasting the talent of Buffon Chiellini, Higgy, and Mandzukic trying to build for the future. What big team does this? If they arent better than the starter they shouldnt start and its hard to argue hes better than Chiellini/Benatia right now
Of course they shouldn't start before better player. But there comes time, when this core can't do it anymore on this level. That is not so far away future. And throwing young guns to starting lineup without proper preparation could be catastrophic.

These youngster are also already pretty good players. I think some of them deserve more playing time. But i have accepted it. Under Allegri its hard to be young and inexperienced.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Of course they shouldn't start before better player. But there comes time, when this core can't do it anymore on this level. That is not so far away future. And throwing young guns to starting lineup without proper preparation could be catastrophic.

These youngster are also already pretty good players. I think some of them deserve more playing time. But i have accepted it. Under Allegri its hard to be young and inexperienced.
well thats why they play in the coppa italia

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Benatia looks this good because as a whole we have become more solid defensively and are playing more disciplined. If Barzagli and maybe Rugani would play in his place they would do just aswell. Chiello shits on Benatia.
benatia found his rhythm that he lost since moving from roma. he's a better performer than he was a couple of months ago, and obviously a happy man since morocco have qualified for the world cup. he deserves some credit for juve's current defensive record, he's been very consistent on a high level since the barcelona match.

Apr 19, 2007

I agree but I think that getting 14 games in the first half of a year is significant playing time. You dont but anymore than that and you are the starter

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Until we play Rugani for 20 straight matches in the starting line-up we cant really tell how good or bad he is. Bonucci proved that. We also have to take into consideration that Italian CB's are late bloomers, its quite fascinating. I wouldnt dare to say at any moment that Rugani isnt good enough, its just that Benatia, Barzagli and Chiellini are in such a good form that it would be crazy to bench any of them

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't get why people are down on him. For his age he's still amazing. One of the best CB prospects in the world.

It's true he lacks a bit of bite but usually those players are not good aerially while he is. So he even has an advantage over those traditionally more timid players.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't get why people are down on him. For his age he's still amazing. One of the best CB prospects in the world.

It's true he lacks a bit of bite but usually those players are not good aerially while he is. So he even has an advantage over those traditionally more timid players.
I’m not down on him at all. I just think Caldara has shown much more so far. And I always prefer aggressive CBs over more timid ones. I think Caldara-Rugani has the potential to become one of the best CB partnerships in the world, and their styles compliment each other perfectly.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nesta and Maldini were both not aggressive, and one can argue that they were the best defenders of their respective generations. They compensated for their lack of aggression by possessing elegance, grace, and impeccable timing.

Caldara - Rugani can indeed be an awesome pairing; we'll just have to wait and see if it ever materializes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)