Daniele Rugani (32 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He should start, but on the other hand Chiellos second half on linda game was one of the best defensive performances I've seen for a while.
the main issue with chiellini was always his inconsistency. iirc during our latest cl run the goals we conceded during the knockout stages were all due to a chiellini fuckup - still, he did perform like a beast against real. when in top form, chiello is our best central defender - but on a bad day, he's easily our weakest link.

meanwhile, rugani recently became almost as reliable as barza was a couple of years ago. nothing fancy, but solid, pure, elegant defensive work.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
the main issue with chiellini was always his inconsistency. iirc during our latest cl run the goals we conceded during the knockout stages were all due to a chiellini $#@!up - still, he did perform like a beast against real. when in top form, chiello is our best central defender - but on a bad day, he's easily our weakest link.

meanwhile, rugani recently became almost as reliable as barza was a couple of years ago. nothing fancy, but solid, pure, elegant defensive work.
True dat, Giorgio is prone to fuck ups and penalties in CL where we can't buy referees. I don't think Rugani is already that reliable, he is not dirty enough yet imo, for some reason I think he would not have made something like that crazy tackle on Ronaldo like Griorgio did, always tries to play ball. While Giorgio hates the ball, he would've been the best football player of our team if the game was played without a ball.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ball wasn't in the game when Icardi 'intercepted' the 'pass'
True, but that was an occasional dumb-dumb moment that could have been interpreted badly. The upside to a game like Chiellini's is the frantic moment, the downside is that it can sometimes lack the extra second to have a think about what you are doing, especially in a heated game.

Love his Inter performances though :D

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #3,253
    True, but that was an occasional dumb-dumb moment that could have been interpreted badly. The upside to a game like Chiellini's is the frantic moment, the downside is that it can sometimes lack the extra second to have a think about what you are doing, especially in a heated game.

Love his Inter performances though :D

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    Yeah, he is great.
    He has improved so much since arriving here! So much more agresiveness in him now, if He was playing more He would be considered a top 10 defender Worldwide!

When i look arround the Globe i infact find it dificult to name 10 defenders better thai him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 16)