Daniele Rugani (59 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Who do you see being better in the future, Rugani or Romagnoli?
Didn't ask me but imo they are different types of defenders. Rugani = Barzagli, Romagnoli=Chiellini. One being smart, technically and tactically gifted, equipped with vision to open the game. The other is a rough bone who takes no prisoners.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Is this the new Bonucci vs Rannocchia?
Nah, thankfully, I think we're behind the era of those, Astori, Bocchetti and others.

Both of those have brain luckily and both are apparently worth over 20mln at this point. If they don't live up to expectations then I doubt any other Italian defender will any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't ask me but imo they are different types of defenders. Rugani = Barzagli, Romagnoli=Chiellini. One being smart, technically and tactically gifted, equipped with vision to open the game. The other is a rough bone who takes no prisoners.
To be honest I've seen Romagnoli a couple of times and I wouldn't lable him as a brainless defender. He looked quite fast and had great positioning too.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Nah, thankfully, I think we're behind the era of those, Astori, Bocchetti and others.

Both of those have brain luckily and both are apparently worth over 20mln at this point. If they don't live up to expectations then I doubt any other Italian defender will any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I've seen Romagnoli a couple of times and I wouldn't lable him as a brainless defender. He looked quite fast and had great positioning too.
Are you implying Chiellone is brainless? tststs

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Who do you see being better in the future, Rugani or Romagnoli?
Don't know.

Both are very impressive.

They make a very nice pairing with Rugani as more of a sweeper and Romagnoli as a more aggressive player who wants to step forward and try to win the ball early.

Generally players like Rugani are harder to find, so if you had a choice between the two you'd probably take Rugani.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
nope. in order to count as one, he has to spend atleast 3 seasons at the club between 15 and 21. Rugani played only one season i think
He has showed his skills at empoli and he played in serie B and A with empoli and got great experience with campaign without receiving a single yellow card for progress he need to new challange and compitive in the CL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)