Daniele Rugani (33 Viewers)

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
I did forget Pepe. By what criteria would I otherwise base my valuations than playing for a top club over a few years?

What CB's do you consider world class? What is your perception of the term "world class"?
IMO, there's no real World Class, CBs right now. A decade before, Thiago Silva would be a very good player but not a ''Nesta'' or ''Cannavaro''.

With modern criteria and right now i think that :
Thiago Silva is a world class
Ramos, when he is concentrated on match
Godin, he is an old style defender..it's difficult to win him.

And there are players like Chiellini, Kompany, Pique who were going to be world class and they were some years before.

All of them, one decade before, when Vidic, Cannavaro, Puyol, Nesta played football, nobody could characterize their as world class.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #782
    IMO, there's no real World Class, CBs right now. A decade before, Thiago Silva would be a very good player but not a ''Nesta'' or ''Cannavaro''.

With modern criteria and right now i think that :
    Thiago Silva is a world class
    Ramos, when he is concentrated on match
    Godin, he is an old style defender..it's difficult to win him.

And there are players like Chiellini, Kompany, Pique who were going to be world class and they were some years before.

All of them, one decade before, when Vidic, Cannavaro, Puyol, Nesta played football, nobody could characterize their as world class.
    You forgot Barzagli, who is certainly among the best, along with Thiago Silva and Godin.

Bonucci has been one of the best defenders this season too I have to say.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Rugani has potential. Some of his tackles and reads were very technical. And he is so young. Definitely we need to prioritize his development at the expense of ogbonna.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    @Hustini @Mark @swag @Dru @Bjerknes @AlexJuventino @CrimsonianKing

Do any of you watch "The Locker Room" on Bein Sports?

Aside from Vieri calling Tevez the 3rd best player in the world right now, the entire panel were falling over themselves talking about this kid.

They all love Juve's chances in the CL, by the way.

Jul 20, 2012

Aside from Vieri calling Tevez the 3rd best player in the world right now, the entire panel were falling over themselves talking about this kid.

Yep i watch it every week. They always give us nothing but praise.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013

Used to, it was interesting to watch. Don't have BeinSports anymore. Comcast/Xfinity programming sucks, it's expensive and offers shit.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003

I don't watch it all the time. Must find Bein Sports streams and sometimes I miss it. Can we download episodes of that show?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

I'll have to look for it, btw. :D

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

i missed it. That's great tho the kid is getting massive amounts of respect for his age. When was the last time a defender THAT young IN Italy got that much respect?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)