Daniele Rugani (60 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I disagree, contrary to his rep he's actually really solid defensively - and if Licht was the same Licht as he was during Conte's time I'd maybe agree, but he's declined somewhat as well (still a very solid player though).

But I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree here :D
Licht has maybe lost a step or two when it comes to covering the entire flank by himself, but Id still trust him at the back to be rock solid. The thought of Sandro and Alves as our fullbacks in back 4 makes me trust our defense a bit less.

- - - Updated - - -

Licht is nowhere close to Dani's level. In any aspect of the game. That comment is madness.
What about Maicon, is Licht on his level?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Which Maicon? I'd take him at his peak at Inter over any Licht without a doubt. But today's Maicon? I'd rather have 2011-2015 Licht instead or even today's.
His peak lasted for like 3 seasons lol and yet he still put Dani Alves to bench quite a lot of times after steadily going downhill in 2010 and becoming a huge liability. As a RB I choose Licht whether now, 2 or 5 years ago.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Grew in confidence as the game went on. He needs a lot more game time to improve. we should not push the likes of chiellini and bentatia into playing since and then loose them through injury again; instead give rugani time and watch him become a beast.

Jun 6, 2015
Very shaky today with his passing. Made lot of wrong choices with the ball but I'm sure he'll improve on that. Sevilla played for it too, they wanted the ball at Rugani's feet and then they started their press.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Was just going to say what everybody else has already. He hesitated a few times before committing to tackles he could and should have made near the start of the game, but when the pressure relented he cooled down and was completely solid.

90 minutes in an atmosphere like that will give him a lot to chew over and work with. Really happy to see getting real game time with us.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Was just going to say what everybody else has already. He hesitated a few times before committing to tackles he could and should have made near the start of the game, but when the pressure relented he cooled down and was completely solid.

90 minutes in an atmosphere like that will give him a lot to chew over and work with. Really happy to see getting real game time with us.
Yeah, probably his biggest game with us as far as I can remember, and he did fine :tup:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah, probably his biggest game with us as far as I can remember, and he did fine :tup:
It's easy to forget how young he is because he was so solid. I've just checked and that was only his second Champions League appearance, the other was against Sevilla too funnily enough. Could have been a factor in Allegri trusting him i suppose.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
He has all the makings of the next classic Italian defender. Really impressed by his composure, he is always calm and collected. Also love that he seems to be learning some things from our veteran CBs, like when to push forward. Never sell!

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
After the initial jitters , he grew into the game. Nothing but praise for him. I think he's going to be great for us pretty shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)