Daniele Rugani (22 Viewers)

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Ffs not stating that he is a bad player or that he cant be one of the best in the game. Just stating that hes start here has not been impressive, which in this day and age with the Santon, Rannochia, De Sciglio of the world can make you a bit worried that it is all hype.

Kind of funny how the consensus on tuz favorse some players and not others. I mean everybody hated the Pereyra and Zaza purchase, so they where heavely critisized as soon as they had a bad performance, leaving everybody to judge them as a waste of money without even giving them the chance. Everybody loves the Rugani purchase so it is not okay to critisize him or express a bit of negativity.
I agree completely about second paragraph. :D
But, i think your standard and expectation is too high for 21 years old man.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I'm just not sure what you define as impressive. He played in pretty comfortable games. If we were under heavy pressure and he was shakey I'd understand but really I can only recall him being shakey at the start of the udinese game, in saying that though, the whole D was for a good 15 minutes.
Again I only seen him the few games he had for us and the game from last year with Empoli at the Juventus Stadium. In the games for Juve I think he have looked uncomfortable on the ball. In the game against Juve last year he was outpaced by Llorente which was a bit worrying.
It could just be nerves or a bit of rust. I just have not been impressed in the way I have been impressed with Stones, Varane or Christensen of Monchengladbach who are of similar age.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Again I only seen him the few games he had for us and the game from last year with Empoli at the Juventus Stadium. In the games for Juve I think he have looked uncomfortable on the ball. In the game against Juve last year he was outpaced by Llorente which was a bit worrying.
It could just be nerves or a bit of rust. I just have not been impressed in the way I have been impressed with Stones, Varane or Christensen of Monchengladbach who are of similar age.
Really? He also had an amazing stop on Tevez and played every game without getting a yellow. I guess our opinions differ.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I dont get why the played every match without getting a yellow is being mention. Is that really a succescriteria for defenders?
Well, for a team like Empoli, who would be under a lot of pressure defensively for a lot of the game...I'd say so, yes. It shows he has exceptional concentration. Shows that he is calm when called upon. Especially given the fact that it's not as if he didn't have one on ones, or was over cautious.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Well, for a team like Empoli, who would be under a lot of pressure defensively for a lot of the game...I'd say so, yes. It shows he has exceptional concentration. Shows that he is calm when called upon. Especially given the fact that it's not as if he didn't have one on ones, or was over cautious.
I could also show that he is able to impose himself on the opponents and a lot of other things. Again not saying hes not a good defender just saying that the stat in itself is useless. I mean Montero got carded in every single game and he was one of the best defenders of his era. A stat like duals won or errors leading to goals would be much more usefull when rating a defender.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I could also show that he is able to impose himself on the opponents and a lot of other things. Again not saying hes not a good defender just saying that the stat in itself is useless. I mean Montero got carded in every single game and he was one of the best defenders of his era. A stat like duals won or errors leading to goals would be much more usefull when rating a defender.
Sure, I get what you are saying but last year he did impose himself. Obviously not on a Montero or a Chiellini level but he isn't that sort of defender.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Sure, I get what you are saying but last year he did impose himself. Obviously not on a Montero or a Chiellini level but he isn't that sort of defender.
Exactly, Rugani should be compared to Nesta and Barzagli, an elegant CB with very good positioning and always-keep-it-simple with the ball at his feet.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The stat was kind of what made me think that he was a Bonucci type of defender and that was probably why I was dissapointed with his tecnical qualities. I see now that he is descriped more as a Barza kind of defender. If he becomes as good as Wallzagli or close to it, I would be more than happy.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The stat was kind of what made me think that he was a Bonucci type of defender and that was probably why I was dissapointed with his tecnical qualities. I see now that he is descriped more as a Barza kind of defender. If he becomes as good as Wallzagli or close to it, I would be more than happy.
Absolutely. He isn't as flashy as Bonucci, more neat than creative.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont you dare do it!

Marky Mark's avatar are bad juju,

the worst voodoo,

when he is done with said player all his hopes will turn into dodoo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is not a rap battle, this is a perilous calamity. Mark's avatars are idolatry level of bad, long genocidal list of jinxed transfers that still wake me up sweating. Except Gabriel Milito, I will eternally thank him for that save. Tho he balanced it up by fucking Andrade with an av.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Barazagli has acumulated a lot of effort and this part of the season shows it, Caceres is yet again out of action because of a new injury, so thats Rugani's moment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)