Daniele Rugani (36 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Thats, suprising considering the nerves he had

But its a strong point off him
He had a good passing game, but that doesn't change the fact that he was shaky defensively. Noticed before that he's comfortable in possession.

OT: Bonucci has been shaky since the Carpi game.

Bon needs to sort it out before we play Roma, and if Barzagli isn't back by then, starting Caceres over Rugani might be a good idea.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
DRC is different to DC, where he always played before. The positioning and more frequent use of the ball will take time to adjust, as will his partnership with Bonucci and Lichtsteiner.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Am I the only one who is a bit worried that its all hype with Rugani. So far I think he has been dissapointing. I thought he was better with the ball than he is. I know its unfair to judge him on the few times I seen him play but I just have not seen anything yet that would suggest that he is the next big thing. Every the media wrights something about him its the " he played every minute last year without getting a yellow card". Offcourse it. Is impressive to play every minute but who cares if he got 0 or 10 yellow cards. It is not necessesarelly a sign of a good defender. Could somebody who watched him last year with Empoli please explain why he is considered so highly?

Apr 19, 2007
Hype? Why be worried? With Dybala you could have beeen worried we spent a large sum on him and really depend on him for results right away. That a reason for worry not having some young kid who i havin a great start to his career playing for us. Bare minimum we sell him for a large sum of money and buy another defender.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Worried in the sense that he is not actually the future captain of Juve and one of the biggest CB talents in the world as many on this forum believes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Am I the only one who is a bit worried that its all hype with Rugani. So far I think he has been dissapointing. I thought he was better with the ball than he is. I know its unfair to judge him on the few times I seen him play but I just have not seen anything yet that would suggest that he is the next big thing. Every the media wrights something about him its the " he played every minute last year without getting a yellow card". Offcourse it. Is impressive to play every minute but who cares if he got 0 or 10 yellow cards. It is not necessesarelly a sign of a good defender. Could somebody who watched him last year with Empoli please explain why he is considered so highly?
He has played 3 full games, in new role and formation, only questionable in 1 of them and the others grew into the game and kept it simple. Also, may I remind you, he is 21? Thats like 17-18 for defenders.

You really have no reason to worry yet and instead should check your expectations and give him time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)