Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (90 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How long can a player like Alves continue though in a general sense? We all agree Licht is on the decline and he's a year younger. Are we of the opinion that Alves is a superior athlete? He's a superior player yes, but age is going to affect him too. I feel the same for Evra. I feel Evra has one year left in him at best.
Alves is a temporaty solution to assure quality , just like evra was when we had asa.

It allowed us to wait to spend untill sandro came, and we are doing the same om the other flank now.

We all agrees the depth wasent as reliable as we liked. So we make sure it is now.
Alves is short term fix, so we can invest elsewere this season and wait for an opportunity.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Typical Juve transfer. Beppe's doing it for half a decade now and it's proven successful. We get proven top quality for little or no money only if these guys are old-ish or deemed needless by their clubs (Pirlo, Tevez, Khedira, Evra). That allows us to invest more money on potential top players, who will fight the proven players for a spot in the starting XI (Asamoah, Dybala, Isla, Alex Sandro).
So far it works really well with the proven quality we buy on bosman or cheap, and we sometimes got it right, sometimes wrong when we paid top dollars for potentials.
We're not yet a club that can simply pay 30+ millions for every player in the starting XI, thus the above.

As for this particular case, we desperately need a RB. With Caceres' injuries we were a Licht injury away from huge problems. Even if Cuadrado stays, we'll need a new RB/RWB. If there is no Alex Sandro available for the RB position, then it's smart to get an Alves until an opportunity opens up next summer or later.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
How long can a player like Alves continue though in a general sense? We all agree Licht is on the decline and he's a year younger. Are we of the opinion that Alves is a superior athlete? He's a superior player yes, but age is going to affect him too. I feel the same for Evra. I feel Evra has one year left in him at best.
same was said about Pirlo look how he turned out.

Look Alves regardless of age is an excellent signing especially for free, he assisted more than any of our players in the CL this season, his transitional play is still fantastic and to be honest as much as I'm a Licht fan Alves is better going forward and has a better end product. In comparison to Cuadrado who I also am a fan of Alves is a better fit both to a 4 and 3 man defence, if I had to choose between the 2 on a free i'd still pick Alves over Cuadrado

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Alves actually has technique and skill on the ball, something Licht can only dream about. Licht has his athleticism to back up his defensive skills and that's about it. Alves has that same athleticism and can actually contribute to the general play.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He will be fine defensively.

People bitched and moaned that Cuadrado couldn't defend and look what we made him do.

- - - Updated - - -

His one-two passing with players around him is insane. Very difficult to quarantine that kind of play.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Him next to Khedira and Dybala :tuttosport:
I'm more excited to see him surging forward linking up with Dybala. Pfft...who needs a midfield at that point.

Imagine slotting in Mascherano there though :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Neto
Alves-Barzagli-Evra
Khedira-Marchisio-Pogba​

All for a million. :beppe:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Typical Juve transfer. Beppe's doing it for half a decade now and it's proven successful. We get proven top quality for little or no money only if these guys are old-ish or deemed needless by their clubs (Pirlo, Tevez, Khedira, Evra). That allows us to invest more money on potential top players, who will fight the proven players for a spot in the starting XI (Asamoah, Dybala, Isla, Alex Sandro).
So far it works really well with the proven quality we buy on bosman or cheap, and we sometimes got it right, sometimes wrong when we paid top dollars for potentials.
We're not yet a club that can simply pay 30+ millions for every player in the starting XI, thus the above.

As for this particular case, we desperately need a RB. With Caceres' injuries we were a Licht injury away from huge problems. Even if Cuadrado stays, we'll need a new RB/RWB. If there is no Alex Sandro available for the RB position, then it's smart to get an Alves until an opportunity opens up next summer or later.
:tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Man, you're always negative these days. What the fuck happened to you?

Mar 30, 2006
Well Evra has been great and he is older then Dani Alves and not as good. And look at how good Cafu and Maldini were for Milan at an older age.

I think Alves will be amazing and if we play him in 352, with three CB he will have less defensive responsibility. He will be one of our most important players I feel and will be allowed to be a bigger protagonist then he is at Barca given how much attacking talent they have.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Alves actually has technique and skill on the ball, something Licht can only dream about. Licht has his athleticism to back up his defensive skills and that's about it. Alves has that same athleticism and can actually contribute to the general play.
Something people dont understand. U can lose your speed and athleticism, but not technique, vision.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Our vicecaptain expressing the respect and admiration they have for Alves, makes sure that the only ones to complain about his 5mil salary, are some people on tuz.

The guy won 35trophee's (seriously wtf, 35), sever CL's, and we all heard how Evra was beeing a big influence on the dressing room.

This guy has been THE worldclass RB for so many years, and a winner.

Huge statement he'd come here, and the players are happy about it.

I personalt find this testament to how far we came. A guy from Barcelona who wants a last stint at a top club, that wants to come here.
Also, there were some doubts about Evra's character too, with everything that happened with Suárez and the French NT, but he has proven to be a leader and a winner; just like Alves.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
The best right back in the game hands down, for like 10 years now.

Always dreamed of seeing him play for Juve, he's a very welcome addition maybe a few years too late but Barca wasn't letting go of him because they knew he's the best. And on a Bosman too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Always dreamed of seeing him play for Juve, he's a very welcome addition maybe a few years too late but Barca wasn't letting go of him because they knew he's the best. And on a Bosman too.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Having the best RB 2005-2010 and the best LB 2005-2010 :tuttosport:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)