Damiao - ST - Internacional (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I like what I am seeing from him in the Brazil Argentina match. Good in the air, hard to get off the off ball and plays very well with his back to the goal. I believe he has all the tools to be a pretty good centre forward for a big European team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Not convinced at all. I missed todays game but I watched him in the past three games for Brazil. Compared to Lewandowski whom I have watched in the last two games with Poland, Damiao is absolute rubbish. Lewandowski > Damiao 100%.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And then he scores.
Thats the thing, the games I seen him in (half a dozen brasil games), he hardly does that, or gets even close to it. Today he scored, fine, but he was lacking and afraid to get involved rest of the game. And no, I'm not saying it because he is a poacher, dont have much against specialization, but there is a balance of where looking so off on the pitch so much is justified by you just scoring, and I'm not convinced he is someone who would be able to score consistently in top level.

robbotis

Jun 22, 2012
Thats the thing, the games I seen him in (half a dozen brasil games), he hardly does that, or gets even close to it. Today he scored, fine, but he was lacking and afraid to get involved rest of the game. And no, I'm not saying it because he is a poacher, dont have much against specialization, but there is a balance of where looking so off on the pitch so much is justified by you just scoring, and I'm not convinced he is someone who would be able to score consistently in top level.
I agree, I haven't been impressed w/ what I've seen. BUT, he's young, and always starts for Brazil. they must know something.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wouldn't judge anyone by how they perform for Brazil these days.

He looks a perfectly fine poacher the few times I've seen him play for Internacional.

He is certainly takes things to the extreme in terms of a complete lack of interest in moving early or getting involved in play, though.

He seems willing to challenge for an initial long ball, but after that he's just waiting for things to progress to the final third.

Would be too much of a gamble for anything more than about 15m, and 25m is the figure I keep seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)