Damiao - ST - Internacional (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pass on him not because he isnt quality, more talented then Matri, but because we need a seconda punta/fantasista way more then a prima punta for now. Jovetic being the most realistic quality player, because he is already in Italy and gettable, unlike the other young quality AMs/FWs in Europe who would prolly come to Serie A only if the big La Liga and EPL sides dont want them.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
AC, you don't think he could be world class? I have no doubts he'd be Juventus' headliner in europe, if Juve could make CL and buy him.

I like how Jovetic is passing unvalued by most of the top clubs.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
AC, you don't think he could be world class? I have no doubts he'd be Juventus' headliner in europe, if Juve could make CL and buy him.

I like how Jovetic is passing unvalued by most of the top clubs.
well, that what I mean when I mentioned potential - of course he has the potential to be world class but that doesn't mean he will ever become. The guy has talent on the ball but this is nowhere near the only factor in determining whether he would become a world class player or not. I'd way mentality, character are just as if not more important in that regard - many players with great skills fail to become great, at the same time many players who aren't exactly nimble with the ball in their feet make up for that with heart and mentality and do make the cut.

all in all, Jovetic has a lot left to prove that he can be a difference maker for Juve at CL level - he may have the potential but that would mean nothing if he can't realize it.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
30/40M splashed on a coverage player who could perhaps be useful for the future? Weird.

We'll still have three strikers for one spot next season, by the way, and we don't really need four or five strikers for one spot. Not even with CL.

Jovetic wouldn't come for Pepe's place, but Vucinic's.
Vucinic can play on the right as well, correct?

I believe Jojo on the left, Vuci on the right. Pepe as a nice sub.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
well, that what I mean when I mentioned potential - of course he has the potential to be world class but that doesn't mean he will ever become. The guy has talent on the ball but this is nowhere near the only factor in determining whether he would become a world class player or not. I'd way mentality, character are just as if not more important in that regard - many players with great skills fail to become great, at the same time many players who aren't exactly nimble with the ball in their feet make up for that with heart and mentality and do make the cut.

all in all, Jovetic has a lot left to prove that he can be a difference maker for Juve at CL level - he may have the potential but that would mean nothing if he can't realize it.
Jovetic is prolly the one of the few young quality attacking starlets in top football, who impresses as much with his mentality/attitude/character almost as much as with his talent/potential. Plays with grinta and is pretty good hardworker, generally comes off humble and professional too. Even if I wouldnt agree, I would get you if you were questionning his talent more then his mentality/character.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011

Don't know about his mentality and ambition, but as far as heart/workrate is concerned he's quite a strong player for his age and position (hence he'd fit this Juve so well, :p).

Vucinic can play on the right as well, correct?

I believe Jojo on the left, Vuci on the right. Pepe as a nice sub.
At the moment, I wouldn't take Pepe out of the team for Vucinic tbh.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Out of all the players we have been linked with lately (yes, even including Jovetic), Damiao is the player I want the most.

Did his agent just admit to negotiations?

:tuttosport:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)