Damiao - ST - Internacional (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
im fully confident that we can offer what Damiao wants on a personal terms, after all he instructed his agent to find him a team that has history, unlike what the clubs in ukraine and teams of limited pedigree and ambition were offering. But just like with rhodolfo finding an agreement with the club will be not be easy, especially at that price tag.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I'm not too sure if I'd be happy with him...specially with a fee that is 25mil+.
I'm satisfied with Matri\Quag\Vucinic, if we get another forward I'd rather we spend that type of money on a super-creative\influential player.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I've been following the Brazilian championship this entire season - Damiao is definitely a prima punta. He's like a Matri with epic technique. Sometimes he reminds me of Zlatan

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
30 mil :shocked:

Plus the last thing we need right now is to add another attacker when we need quality players in other positions.....
Well we know that Amauri is gone for sure, I think Toni's contract ends as well this summer and IQ won't be staying for sure.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Well we know that Amauri is gone for sure, I think Toni's contract ends as well this summer and IQ won't be staying for sure.
We still have 3 pretty good attackers in Matri, Quag and vucinic add another promising attacker for cheap and we'd be set for next season.

On the other hand, we NEED quality CB, LB, a couple of backup CM and quality wingers.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We still have 3 pretty good attackers in Matri, Quag and vucinic add another promising attacker for cheap and we'd be set for next season.

On the other hand, we NEED quality CB, LB, a couple of backup CM and quality wingers.
We aren't getting Damiao this winter, this is for next season I believe. According to rumors we will be looking for a CB & CM this winter. That leaves a LB and not need for wingers when it makes much more sense to use the 433. We have better players for that formation and would be too costly to by the 2 wingers to take us AND the 424 to a higher level.

For example: Regardless of formation we still need a CM, CB, LB...well, 2 of those should be brough in winter according to the rumors...that leaves the LB for next summer with a quality striker. Quag is good, but IMO if CL we need someone better and Quag for depth.

As opposed to buying a CB, LB, CM, RM, LM for the 424, its easier to buy a CB, LB, CM, ST for the 433.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I will say though, if we spent 20-30m this winter, it needs to be on a CB & LB if possible, not Damiao. The offense can be fine tuned next summer if we make the CL because it will need to be to make it in that tourny.

Let's set our backline once and for all so they have half a season to gel before the CL. Come next year, I'd hope our backline has half a season under their belts to build chemistry and understanding.

But that's just me.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
should always have 4 FWs + a 5th as backup.

backup CMs are a dime a dozen.

we're already overloaded on wingers.
Yep, and we don't really use the wingers that much anyways...usually for the subs of Mirko/Pepe...only one is a winger and used because Quag is still getting fit.

CMs for backup are in the plenty, not worries there. Hell, we could bring back Ekdal for dirt cheap and be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)