Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #24
    yes more strikers, exactly what we need.
    DP is out at the end of the season. Toni and Amauri are both out in January or nextr summer at the latest.
    that leaves us with Matri, vucinic and quagiarella. Vucinic has done OK so far, but far from consistently justifying his price tag. Quagiarella has currently failed to win the confidence of Conte, having played a handful of minutes since the summer, not through injury or a lack of physical sharpness (has said the player himself, at least twice), but through Conte selecting others.

only Matri looks consistently quality.

Yes, without a doubt we need a LB and a RB. They are the priorities...but we will need to renovate the strikers department come next summer. The wings are fine, as is the centre of midfield, especially if we can get another year of his current level of Pirlo, and gabriel appelt comes through as perfectly as possble.

With DP heading out, the present signs for Quagiarella wretched, and Mirko hardlt yet managing a regular stride of quality, we are bound to make one huge signing. And its likely to be an offensive player. Damiao is far more than a flashy trez, from what I have seen. He is far more fierce and stronger and more versatile on the ball. Similar natural goalscoring instinct, but that is where the parallalls appear to end.

With the team we have now, the way we are playing, the togetherness that seems apparent, the resurgence of Bonucci and still Elia to be integrated into the first team squad...we need not make multiple changes next summer. two fullbacks and a striker.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Conte has repeatedly gone on record backing Quagliarella and Quag himself has gone one record stating everything is fine, so I guess its OK, although his absence is unsettling.

IMO Toni should be used a lot more regularly, can be very useful.

you forgot Iaquinta, he should be axed with immediate effect alongside Amauri.

Toni Quag Mirko Matri + a kid from Primavera, should be enough for a 4-3-3 system.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Conte has repeatedly gone on record backing Quagliarella and Quag himself has gone one record stating everything is fine, so I guess its OK, although his absence is unsettling.

Toni Quag Mirko Matri + a kid from Primavera, should be enough for a 4-3-3 system.
    Are you talking about next season? or for now?

1) If next season, I hope Toni is dropped and someone better is brought in.
    2) If for now, I rather see Del Piero play then Toni. DP, Quag, Mirko, Matri should be enough. If need be, we can call up a kid like you said.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Toni can bang in goals with proper service though. Last year, he had a pretty good record, he can be useful especially against the smaller teams.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Are you talking about next season? or for now?

1) If next season, I hope Toni is dropped and someone better is brought in.
    2) If for now, I rather see Del Piero play then Toni. DP, Quag, Mirko, Matri should be enough. If need be, we can call up a kid like you said.
    hmm good question, I'll go out on a limb and say we can manage with that next season too.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Toni can bang in goals with proper service though. Last year, he had a pretty good record, he can be useful especially against the smaller teams.
    He scored 5 in 30 last season. 2 in 14 for Juve. Not saying he's bad though, he can defintely score goals.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Damiao has very natural goalscoring instinct, that non of our other prima punti have. Not someone to dismiss, even though yes, I prefer getting a quality seconda over a prima punta. But also would be fine to get a quality winger/AM over that, plus Damiao.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #39

The mere fact that Quag has needed to go on record and publically tell us that 'everything is fine' suggests something is amiss. Also, what else do you expect Conte to say to the public...'i simply think he is finished, and have no use for him, but now and then he scores a wonder goal in training...'????

When you say Toni should be starting 'more regularly', i assume you actually mean that he should be given a start, for as far as i know, he hasn't played a minute of serie A yet this season.

Iaquinta is as good as dead. unwanted by the club. unwanted by other clubs. his body has had enough...perhaps he will be fit enough to make the bench, but overall i consider him a non entity at the club now, like amauri.

toni, quag, mirko, matri and a kid????if we have any serious hope of finishing in the top three. Toni is old, slow, but still knows where the goal is. however, he is clearly not part of conte's plans. Quags has played...14 minutes??? clearly not part of conte's present plans. Mirko has hardly set the field ablaze with his talents. Matri is the ONLY striker we have on our books presently, who i feel is of the Juve quality we all aspire to return to. As others have noted...if we do manage to get into the champions league next season, that makes improving the strike force even more essential, else we will get embarassed. With DP leaving, someone pricey and classy is surely going to enter the fray, so why not damiao...

I do hope that quag gets a chance to impress, as I hope to see Elia given a series of chances.it ridiculous to read of juventini suggesting that elia's bad form could lead to his sale. The lad has played 45 minutes!!!!

Whatever Conte is up to, we have been growing as a team, in terms of quality, potency and spirit .Moving in the right direction, so i will continue to trust in the count.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    will need to be extremely good defensively to play with 4 strikers.
    Ass :p You know what I mean. With the loss of Del Piero, and the useless duo of Amauri, and Iaq we will definitely need a couple of reinforcements in the attacking department. Toni should also be shipped off somewhere (seeing as there is no logical reason to renew his contract), and if Conte doesn't plan on using Quag at all, then signing both a versatile winger/forward and a striker will become a priority.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)