Czech Fan Club (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
erik, i'll root for every nation that will play portugal. hope now its gonna be the dutch.
Regardless of the reffing Portugal deserved to win, just like France did in the opener :) England were able to open the scoring on both occasions but Sven still thinks he's in Italy and sat back in both games. As a neutral it was horrible to watch you play like that...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I don't need or desire respect from any of you people here, and I already explained why I posted what I posted. Quite frankly I think the Euro Etiquette thing is a bunch of shite, so I was quick to disregard it (sorry Martin). I agree with the fact that you shouldn't insult people or personally attack them. I did none of that. You say go rant at the Englishman who blah blah blahed as if I was aiming my posts at you, and I'm very grateful that I don't live in England, mind you.
Stu, I've never seen you like this before. I think you're a top kid and the smartest and most mature 14 year-old I've ever known. I still believe that, but maybe you're coming out a bit strongly when it comes to international football. I don't question your support for Italy at all, but considering River's born and bred in England, you gotta understand that she's probably gonna feel stronger when criticism or ridicule is directed at her country. I'm not saying that people are allowed to slag off countries if the people supporting them are not actually from those countries, but maybe you should cut her a bit of slack dude :)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
It seems that people is just discovering Czech republic as a good team, in fact czechs was the strongest and more regular team in the eliminatory rounds for coming to Eurocup...and some of this players were in the final game against germany 8 years ago...

FORZA NEDVED !!!!!!!!!!

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Stu, I've never seen you like this before. I think you're a top kid and the smartest and most mature 14 year-old I've ever known. I still believe that, but maybe you're coming out a bit strongly when it comes to international football. I don't question your support for Italy at all, but considering River's born and bred in England, you gotta understand that she's probably gonna feel stronger when criticism or ridicule is directed at her country. I'm not saying that people are allowed to slag off countries if the people supporting them are not actually from those countries, but maybe you should cut her a bit of slack dude :)

just like gray does when people talk about italy - korea

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Anyways, forget about England and Italia, they both lost and nothing is gonna reverse that. Their own faults for not playing good enough.

Can't wait for the Czech game tomorrow, but I swear if those Danes pull off a suprise then I would hate them with a passion. If Czech go out, I would consider myself a neutral in this tourament.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Now everyone else that I remotely like have gone out, lets all get behind the Czechs and in particular our pavel to win the trophy they so far thoroughly deserve! I don't know the Czech word for forza so I'll make one up:

FURSO CZECH REPUBLIC!! :D:cool:

Who's with me?

Anyone?

:down:

im in :)

i was from the beginnig with the czechs too.

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #52
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    It seems that people is just discovering Czech republic as a good team, in fact czechs was the strongest and more regular team in the eliminatory rounds for coming to Eurocup...and some of this players were in the final game against germany 8 years ago...

FORZA NEDVED !!!!!!!!!!
    I don't think so. Most of us I'm sure have appreciated the Czechs as a quality outfit for years now. I'm just hoping this is the one they can win, now that England and italy are out, that is.

Blackmint, did you find the correct word for Forza :D

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    i am supporting the Czech about 2 years now,of course my first team is Azzuri.
    But i was pretty dissapointed about them not making it to the WC.....:sad:
    But they are such an amazing team...i just love them!!!it all started with Neddy 2 years ago,but from then i just support them with all my heart every game!!!

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!

AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCZZZZZZZEEEEEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING TEAM!REALLY!!!UNBELIVIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST LOVE THEM!!!
    THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!!!!

YEAH DANES,EAT SHIT YOU BASTARDS!THAT ONE WAS FOR ITALY!FOR THE GOAL YOU LET THE SWEDES TO SCORE!!!NOW GO HOME,YOU ASSWIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hahaha....

BRAVO CZECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE WE BEAT THE GREKS AND GO TILL THE END...!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO CZECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BEST TEAM IN THE EURO!DEFINITLY!NO HOLLAND,NO PORTUGAL,NO ONE!

Oh and yeah i'm in the club.:D

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Im going to ask my friend in skool tomorrow what forza is in czech, he will tell me, so hold on!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Regardless of the reffing Portugal deserved to win, just like France did in the opener :) England were able to open the scoring on both occasions but Sven still thinks he's in Italy and sat back in both games. As a neutral it was horrible to watch you play like that...
    Well said. The better team won -- Portugal deserved to go through, England did not. Justice was done. Regardless of how you side with Urs Meier or not.

It's funny how people can get fixated on one single incident, as if that was justification for everything -- and the only thing between them and winning the cup. All these calls for Urs Meier lynchings remind me of how the downfall of the Chicago Cubs in the NL baseball championships last year was attributed to a fan who interfered with a foul ball. Nevermind the 6 runs the opponents scored afterwards that could have been prevented (apparently, they could not have been after the foul ball :rolleyes: ).

As another analogy, it's as befuddling to me as the idiotic media announcers who tell us so-and-so would have turned 67 years-old today if not for his untimely accidental death/shooting/insert-cause-of-death here. It's as if we may as well be saying, "The 16th U.S. president, Abraham Lincoln, would have turned 195 today if not for his life being cut tragically short by John Wilkes Booth."

Even if you disagree with Meier's call (which I don't, and neither did any of the ITV or BBC announcers at my last check, for that matter), the call still kept the game in England's hands to win. Regardless, they failed to do that. But apparently there's no faulting England for failing to win the game in extra time here, as ridiculously shortsighted as that is.

On topic to this thread, the Czechs are the most dominant team in this tournament. They are clearly the team to beat with the best form out there. I only hope that should a similar tough call need to be made in the games that remain, the referee follows Urs Meier's lead. These days, you just can't lay a hand on the goalie. And even if all things were equal in a 50-50 situation, I only hope the referees error on the side of letting the players decide the game's outcome instead of deciding it for himself. No referee should allow himself to be in a position where he's eligible for Carlsberg's Man of the Match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)