Cryptocurrency (7 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yep, did some math on my own for my country but the electricity cost are too high.
People are investing in it here like crazy. A lot of companies are (were) buying GPUs for around 50k euros and going for mass mining.

Even small family business is possible, like I said, with 1k investment. I know some people who mine it. My ex boss.

I've seen some warehouses in Scandinavia where they have around 70k PCs digging 24/7 :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
People are investing in it here like crazy. A lot of companies are (were) buying GPUs for around 50k euros and going for mass mining.

Even small family business is possible, like I said, with 1k investment. I know some people who mine it. My ex boss.

I've seen some warehouses in Scandinavia where they have around 70k PCs digging 24/7 :D
is that actually cost effective?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
is that actually cost effective?
1k investment for mining? It is. It's buying 4 decent/good graphic cards and that's about it. You're already on a 0 after 5 months or so, and later on it's pure profit dipping in the pocket. It's around 250e per month. It might not sound like much but remember it's what majority of people earns here monthly.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
When are you going to sell? And what made you decide to buy those two?
never, I'm not a trained daytrader so I just hold maybe for a year. NEO will go through a correction because the latest pump was too steep. I can see it go below 10 dollars in next weeks. I am just not knowledgable enough to daytrade. Imagine I sell and it pumps up and I get pushed out of my position.

Why I picked those?
NEO is a smart contract platform, like Ethereum but it's compatible to multiple programming languages, claims to be quantum proof, superior security system, and chinese will love to adopt their own over eth. That's the gamble, since they have preferred stuff like wechat and alibaba over western stuff. Also lowish market cap at that point and relatively low supply. Their developers are straight forward no bullshit answers, no promises, no excuses, on point kind of guys. They've been editing their code daily. You could see that because it's open source on github.

OMG is a platform, call it digital wallet app, for people to seamlessly exchange between crypto and fiat and to send their currency of choice peer to peer. The direction is crypto mass adoption and giving the bankless people of the world a digital financial platform. There is cooperation with McDonalds. Their dev team is extremely prominent and Vitalik Buterin is a close advisor for them. The wallet will be released it Q4.

OMG is actually really exciting because the product is supposed to be the closest to real world application as I've seen a blockchain application go. I can see many retailers adopting this.

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #32
    never, I'm not a trained daytrader so I just hold maybe for a year. NEO will go through a correction because the latest pump was too steep. I can see it go below 10 dollars in next weeks. I am just not knowledgable enough to daytrade. Imagine I sell and it pumps up and I get pushed out of my position.

Why I picked those?
    NEO is a smart contract platform, like Ethereum but it's compatible to multiple programming languages, claims to be quantum proof, superior security system, and chinese will love to adopt their own over eth. That's the gamble, since they have preferred stuff like wechat and alibaba over western stuff. Also lowish market cap at that point and relatively low supply. Their developers are straight forward no bullshit answers, no promises, no excuses, on point kind of guys. They've been editing their code daily. You could see that because it's open source on github.

OMG is a platform, call it digital wallet app, for people to seamlessly exchange between crypto and fiat and to send their currency of choice peer to peer. The direction is crypto mass adoption and giving the bankless people of the world a digital financial platform. There is cooperation with McDonalds. Their dev team is extremely prominent and Vitalik Buterin is a close advisor for them. The wallet will be released it Q4.

OMG is actually really exciting because the product is supposed to be the closest to real world application as I've seen a blockchain application go. I can see many retailers adopting this.
    I see. New coins are joining the market all the time, offering their own supposedly unique features. Without a lot of technical knowledge, it's hard to know which ones really stand out and have a real future.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    You guys talking about cryptocurrency gave marty a scare so he installed security patches.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    Good money in it at the moment.

Mining currency is getting a lot of money here with the lower cost of eletricity. There's a huge lack of GPU at the market but with the investment of ~1000 euros I think it's possible to earn ~270e per month.
    Yep, did some math on my own for my country but the electricity cost are too high.
    How did you guys do the math? I can't seem to find an average of electricity consumption when mining.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    I see. New coins are joining the market all the time, offering their own supposedly unique features. Without a lot of technical knowledge, it's hard to know which ones really stand out and have a real future.
    that is why i would advise anybody to stay clear of cryptocurrency. there was an article in a computer newspaper in germany about how to mine and guess what happened to that currencies value ? it dropped considerably because every scrub and their dog started to mine it. Then you need to think about asia where the price for power is way lower then in europe and on top of that they do not have any regulations, so a company could just "outmine" everyone else and decide to make all that mined currency to real money leading to a flood of available currency and a steep drop of price.

another problem is finding a reliable platform to trade. these platforms are an easy target for hackers and if the platform provider does not fuck you there will be a hacker if the value is big enough. too many scrubs that are not knowledgabe about IT security in this whole scheme to make it a good investment.

that are just my 2 cents of gencoin

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    that is why i would advise anybody to stay clear of cryptocurrency. there was an article in a computer newspaper in germany about how to mine and guess what happened to that currencies value ? it dropped considerably because every scrub and their dog started to mine it. Then you need to think about asia where the price for power is way lower then in europe and on top of that they do not have any regulations, so a company could just "outmine" everyone else and decide to make all that mined currency to real money leading to a flood of available currency and a steep drop of price.

another problem is finding a reliable platform to trade. these platforms are an easy target for hackers and if the platform provider does not fuck you there will be a hacker if the value is big enough. too many scrubs that are not knowledgabe about IT security in this whole scheme to make it a good investment.

that are just my 2 cents of gencoin
    classic German Dinosaur views

Not only that bittrex has no history of security breaches when it comes to their 2FA protected accounts, you dont even store crypto on exchanges. You use encrypted wallets like exodus that have no history of getting hacked either. There are hardware cold wallets like the Ledger if you are particularly nervous or own a huge portfolio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)