Cristiano Zanetti (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You know what would have been the worst type of disrespect that Secco could have shown Zanetti?

If he had done nothing for him at all, and let him sit there on the bench, with no clear indication of what his footballing and financial future would have been.
NOOOO, respect means you have to spoil your "loyal" players above the club's own benefit. :andyandbarcelona:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Somebody isn't telling the truth, and I'd put my money on Secco and company.

It's not really good PR if you have former players coming out to say that Juventus doesn't respect their players, but perhaps some already knew that, especially some youngsters.

Secco should have never had the job in the first place.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I was surprised and a bit disappointed when I learned that he left. It's over now, I won't lose sleep over it and it won't affect my feelings towards any of the concerned parts.

Our name slated in the press? PURLEEEEZ!! After what Moggi did, it won't be slated any more than that and it is far far far from being cleared. Zanetti, Miccoli, Di Vaio, whoever, they are all players with sour grapes after they left (or were shown the door).
I would never put Zanetti with those two, the difference is abnormal. It's an insult to Zanetti.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

It's not really good PR if you have former players coming out to say that Juventus doesn't respect their players, but perhaps some already knew that, especially some youngsters.

If you're going to go down that road, that what was the excuse for Miccoli and Divaio?

Maybe Moggi shouldn't have had his job in the first place, either

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would never put Zanetti with those two, the difference is abnormal. It's an insult to Zanetti.
If you're going to go down that road, that what was the excuse for Miccoli and Divaio?

Maybe Moggi shouldn't have had his job in the first place, either
Yeah, don't compare those players.

Many people now believe Moggi shouldn't have had his job in the first place either.

But it's just my opinion that the guy who hands the team sheet to the fourth official shouldn't be upgraded straight to the position of transfer manager. It's like me working as an intern at NOAA for five years and suddenly being promoted to branch director.

Anyway, I just think this situation could have been handled a bit better.

Durden

May 11, 2006

:tup:

Apr 16, 2008
After hearing both parties views on the matter, I'm even more outraged by Juventus' dealings. That might not be surprising, but still.

What Zanetti says confirms my worries that he felt he was being pushed out of the club since Secco wasn't able to offload Poulsen. Also a little chat about Zanettis contract would have kept the best passer in the club, too much to ask for Alessio?

This is an absolute disgrace, not lo Stilo Juve!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, don't compare those players.

Many people now believe Moggi shouldn't have had his job in the first place either.

But it's just my opinion that the guy who hands the team sheet to the fourth official shouldn't be upgraded straight to the position of transfer manager. It's like me working as an intern at NOAA for five years and suddenly being promoted to branch director.

Anyway, I just think this situation could have been handled a bit better.
Unless of course, it was such a dire situation at the time that nobody outside of the Juventus orginization WANTED the job to begin with??

think about it for a second. You are the sproting director for Roma, or Fiorentina, or a assistant sporting director for a prestigious club somewhere, and you have the chance to take hold of the most successful club in Serie A history, with a chance to go down in legendary, absolutely legendary status if you can somehow right the ship and bring them back to the top, and you DON'T WANT THAT OPPORTUNITY???

Doesn't that give you some sort of indication as to just how bad it was when this scandal hit??

I mean, do people just forget the fact that nobody wanted that sort of pressure? and do people forget that three years ago, NOBODY thought that Juventus would even come remotely close to challenging for the Champions League and Serie A in just 3 years time?

Camoranesi even said it himself that it would take "10 years" for Juventus to be the Juventus that we were used to seeing.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, but Miccoli did bitch. He bitched quite a lot.
Yeah, because he was 24 years old and had his whole future ahed of him. Its a big difference in this case.

I'm not defending how he acted, but people are making it seem like this is a shock that former players are criticizing Juve management

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
After hearing both parties views on the matter, I'm even more outraged by Juventus' dealings. That might not be surprising, but still.

What Zanetti says confirms my worries that he felt he was being pushed out of the club since Secco wasn't able to offload Poulsen. Also a little chat about Zanettis contract would have kept the best passer in the club, too much to ask for Alessio?

This is an absolute disgrace, not lo Stilo Juve!

So, were you "outraged" 3 years ago when Trez and Camo WANTED to leave, but Juve wouldn't let them, or is your outrage only directed at whatever suits your opinion

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Exactly.

Poor Zanetti. We have forced him out to his boyhood club, one who are playing in the Champions League this season. Life sucks for him.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
NOBODY thought that Juventus would even come remotely close to challenging for the Champions League and Serie A in just 3 years time?

Very good point you made there. A lot of fans (maybe even most) seem to underrate how great we have been doing these past 3 years, on as well as off the pitch. Great efforts by players, trainers, management, ...

We only needed 1 try to get back in Serie A.
We only needed 1 try to get back in the CL.
We didn't even have to hurt ourselves financially to achieve these results. Hell, we're even building a new stadium, something other Italian teams only dream of for the moment.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Is it because Moggi shipped those two off and it was Secco that let Zanetti go? Same shit different manager, but in the end it's exactly the same style. And as Sergio said, Miccoli and Di Vaio were let go at their prime, Zanetti is 32 years old.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Unless of course, it was such a dire situation at the time that nobody outside of the Juventus orginization WANTED the job to begin with??

think about it for a second. You are the sproting director for Roma, or Fiorentina, or a assistant sporting director for a prestigious club somewhere, and you have the chance to take hold of the most successful club in Serie A history, with a chance to go down in legendary, absolutely legendary status if you can somehow right the ship and bring them back to the top, and you DON'T WANT THAT OPPORTUNITY???

Doesn't that give you some sort of indication as to just how bad it was when this scandal hit??

I mean, do people just forget the fact that nobody wanted that sort of pressure? and do people forget that three years ago, NOBODY thought that Juventus would even come remotely close to challenging for the Champions League and Serie A in just 3 years time?

Camoranesi even said it himself that it would take "10 years" for Juventus to be the Juventus that we were used to seeing.
True, maybe nobody else wanted the job.

But now I can guarantee you that somebody else will. Secco has had his chance, shown himself to be only an average candidate for this position, so I think we should look elsewhere. Consider Secco as just a stop-gap solution, much like Ranieri.

If you take a look at the positions we should have improved on since last year, only two out of four have been addressed -- finding a creative attacking midfielder and more solutions for central defense. The fullback slots have not been addressed. That's basically a 50% rating, which is not good enough.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Where exactly does Secco say that he "Offered a 3 year contract", and "Zanetti asked for a first team place" and "the reason we sold zanetti was because of his age and injuries"

Please, someone, ANYONE show me where he said those things, verbatim, as Zanetti has claimed that he did.

From what I read, Secco sold zanetti because it was his last chance to cash in on a player that was in the last year of his contract, and that there was no way they were going to be able to offer a 3 year deal for him considering that they signed Melo, and by the way if you believe football italia, it was ZANETTI who asked Juventus for a 3 year contract.

And as far as this whole "Secco ruined the relationship with Udinese" bullshit. I see that D'Agostino is STILL with Udinese. So, either Secco is also advising some of the other teams that were interested in D'Agostino, or maybe, just maybe, Udinese's demands were just so ridiculous that Udinese was never going to sell him in the first place.
So let me see if I get this straight. See, I'm not as intellectually sound as a lot of others here on this board in all matters football and the transfer market.

Zanetti is in the last year of his contract. At the age of 32. Coming off of an injury prone season. Making over 2 million dollars a year. Where unless there are a serious rash of injuries on this team, he is not going to see first team football.

So, instead of letting Zanetti rot on the sidelines, Juventus sells him to his childhood team, where he has a chance to play more often, and sign a new 3 year contract, thereby securing his future, to a team by the way that is also in the champions league and could be a direct threat to Juventus.

And somehow, SECCO IS THE BAD GUY IN ALL OF THIS?!?!?!?!?!

Are you guys just retarded, or do you have some sort of hidden agenda?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That was a completely different situation. Please explain how they're comparable, and I'll try to answer in a more appropriate fashion.
You are outraged at the fact that Juve gave Zannetti, a 32 year old, past his prime midfielder, who was very rarely going to feature, on an expiring contract at 2 million dollars this season, by the way, the chance to

#1) Play for his hometown team
#2) Still have the opportunity to play in the Champions League
#3) Still play for a team that has an excellent chance to compete in Serie A
#4) play for that hometown team that has just given him a 3 year contract that he wanted
#5) Have more of a chance to play first team football

But I'm sure that you, just like most of the poeple here, were applauding Juve management when they held their ground in 2006 with Trezeguet and Camoranesi, and wouldn't let them leave.

You say that they are not comparable, what I'm saying is how can you justify the treatment of Zannetti as being disrespectful, when you were probably one of the many who were firmly support management during he Trez/Camo fiasco of 2006.

Wouldn't that have been labeled as "disrespectful" back then, as well??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)