Cristiano Zanetti (7 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
And even when he did ok i admitt it he did his best but he was nothing unique! Melo has the ability to Curve long-distance passes better than Zanetti ever did.
Indeed, a player who has the ability but zanetti had already shown this. Dont get me wrong Melo is a different type of player to zanetti and its foolish to even compare these two that said zanettis passing is superior or atleast it is/was for now. That what zanetti lacked in Melo completely excelled in. The aim isnt to compare each players ability rather the aim was to get players on a broad scale with different strengths and weaknesses so they can complement each other on the pitch. Anyway Forza Melo :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Everything to make Fiorentina as competitive as we can.
If all goes well, they will barely miss Melo, they will resurrect Marchionni and still keep the 20mil...
How come you have the most optimistic scenarios for other teams and the most pessimistic one for Juve.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Did you just start off by dissing Alessandro Birindelli and then went on to try and condescend another poster with some ignorant drivel about Zanetti wanting this transfer in order to take a spot in the Azzurri? You can do better.
:andyandbarcelona: Was I even talking to you? Learn to mind your own business, or do you feel the need to play the role of guardian? You can also do better ;)

Oh, and I wasn't dissing Birindelli; I was merely stating that he was the weakest link in our team at that time, and an average player. That is my opinion, and I stand by it. As for my "ignorant drivel" do you know Zanetti on a personal level so as to assume that my hypothesis is flawed? :shifty:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:andyandbarcelona: Was I even talking to you? Learn to mind your own business, or do you feel the need to play the role of guardian? You can also do better ;)

Oh, and I wasn't dissing Birindelli; I was merely stating that he was the weakest link in our team at that time, and an average player. That is my opinion, and I stand by it. As for my "ignorant drivel" do you know Zanetti on a personal level so as to assume that my hypothesis is flawed? :shifty:
When you post on a forum, you are posting for everyone, so next time expect anyone to reply to you.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
JCK, I am not going to allow you to provoke me, as I know how to deal with you now :p

I am well aware of forum rules and regulations, or do you also always feel the need to highlight the obvious? :p

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wasn't trying to provoke you, Akhmedios. I seriously wasn't.

And I highlight the obvious when someone misses it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Whatever. It's pointless trying to comment on anything when ur around. You just find a way to twist it to suit your purposes :p

I obviously know anyone is free to comment, but so am I. However, when someone chooses to be a smart ass, I also like to give them a bit of a hard time.

Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I got a meeting in a bit; sorry can't sit around and debate with you ;)

Apr 16, 2008
I honestly don't think Cristiano Zanetti is eyeing a spot in Lippis World Cup squad.

As for Birindelli being average, I disagree, obviously. A guy with more than 300 games for Juventus is clearly anything but average. He was, and probably still is, however not the flashiest of people and he never demanded a place in the starting 11. He did his job whenever called upon. His performances were even good enough to earn him a place in the Italian national team. Average? I beg to differ. In Birindellis first season he was a regular. That season ended, as I'm sure you are aware of, with a Scudetto and a Champions League final. In addition to Birindelli, Marcello Lippi had the pleasure of working with players like Zalayeta, Amoruso, Pecchia and Dimas. Birindelli featured in more games than both Conte and Deschamps. The weakest link? Both me and Marcello Lippi disagrees. In Serie B he was once again the number one choice, and he played the most games of them all. I'd say he was a better player than Balzaretti, Boumsong, Paro, Marchionni, Palladino, Zebina, Giannichedda, Kovac, Zalayeta, Legrottaglie, De Ceglie and Piccolo, at the very least. Again, was Birindelli really the weakest link?

And yes, I do have a soft spot for hard working Italians who doesn't bitch and whine whenever placed on the bench. And no, I did not register only to cry about Zanettis transfer, I've been registered here for a while, but this latest move from Secco completely baffled me.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Fantastic player, it will take some time for me to replace him in the favourite players section. Thanks for the good games and goals in Serie B, thanks for being a big part of the team in 2007./08., actually without him and Chiellini (or any other out of the 5-6 players, that carried the team) we probably wouldn't be playing CL football last year. Again thanks for the hard and invisible job last year, where our medicals fucked him up majorly, but he found a way to be back and again play a not so small role in assuring us the CL football and extra 5 millions second place brought us. Classy player, made everyone around him look better, good example for the younger guns like Nocerino and Marchisio, deserves to be remembered. Forza Cristiano Zanetti!

Jun 13, 2007
Poulsen is not a bad squad player to have and Zanetti obviously wants first team football. I don't think this move is too disastrous. It would also give more room for Marchisio to play more regularly and that for me is always a positive.

AV-7

Jul 8, 2009
Fantastic player, it will take some time for me to replace him in the favourite players section. Thanks for the good games and goals in Serie B, thanks for being a big part of the team in 2007./08., actually without him and Chiellini (or any other out of the 5-6 players, that carried the team) we probably wouldn't be playing CL football last year. Again thanks for the hard and invisible job last year, where our medicals fucked him up majorly, but he found a way to be back and again play a not so small role in assuring us the CL football and extra 5 millions second place brought us. Classy player, made everyone around him look better, good example for the younger guns like Nocerino and Marchisio, deserves to be remembered. Forza Cristiano Zanetti!

And Paro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)