Cristiano Zanetti (6 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Wow. I am amazed. Did you just join the forum to complain about the Zanetti transfer? Judging by your username, I am not sure I should give much credence to your opinion, as you may have a penchant for endorsing mediocre players (although Zanetti is clearly not one).

As for the transfer itself, have you perhaps considered that this is a world cup year, and that with Zanetti being 32 and injury prone, he might have opted to leave the club to get more playing time and ultimately a shot at a world cup appearance, perhaps his final opportuniy considering his age and well documented injury troubles?
Did you just start off by dissing Alessandro Birindelli and then went on to try and condescend another poster with some ignorant drivel about Zanetti wanting this transfer in order to take a spot in the Azzurri? You can do better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juve offering to extend Zanetti's contract was probably the only thing that could have been done.

Not sure Zanetti with his age and his injuries would have been worth a contract extension.
Only being 32, I'd say he could have two more good years left in him, provided his medical problems improve.

Whatever the case, good luck and thanks to Billy Zanetti.

AV-7

Jul 8, 2009
Hey people! Stop it.
Zanetti is good player, but never a true champion like Davids, Zidan, Nedved and so on.
He is just a decent player with some good sides (long passes and so) and some bad (fitness, pace etc).
We are building new-mega-super-team. So selling 32-aged injure prone can't change something in our way to Renaissance.
Even if this situation is sad. Sad but true.

ps. My best wishes to Cristiano in Fiora.
Gr8 post!! Melo now>>>>>> Chritiano (2002, Trapattoni). A month ago i watched a game for him against Juve ( he was an inter player) and he started fighting with Nedved.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Blog: Why sell Zanetti? (footballitalia)

Antonio Labbate questions how wise it was for Juventus to sell Cristiano Zanetti to Fiorentina
It doesn’t make sense. It just doesn’t. Why have Juventus, on the eve of a season when they do seem to be competitive enough to fight Inter for Lo Scudetto, sold Cristiano Zanetti to Fiorentina?

Granted, it’s not the biggest transfer shock of a summer which has seen Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic move for ludicrous amounts of money, but Zanetti’s £1.5m switch to Tuscany is, in its own way, a major surprise.

More than that, it could turn out to be a potentially costly own goal by the Bianconeri officials who had spent most of July and August repairing the damage caused by their calcio mercato deficiencies over the past 36 months.

Granted, he did have less than a year left on his contract in Turin, but he was sold for such a measly figure that finances shouldn’t have been the deciding factor. And even if Zanetti left at his own request, surely Juve could have convinced him to offer his services for just another 12 months?

It’ll be up to the major players in the move [Zanetti himself and Juve sporting director Alessio Secco] to answers those questions, but the fact remains that La Signora are now missing a potentially vital element in their ranks. Although Zanetti’s fragile muscles mean that he isn’t physically up to the challenge of a whole season uninterrupted, he was unique to the Old Lady.

Zanetti was not just an ordinary midfielder for the Italian giants, he was their only playmaker, the man in their ranks who could organise and dictate the tempo of the whole side. The only deep-lying central midfielder with true vision and one of only a few in the squad who can pass a ball accurately over 40 metres.

His departure is all the more noteworthy given that Juventus opted against signing the more creative Gaetano D’Agostino recently by spending £20m plus on the Viola’s Felipe Melo. Possibly because they already had Zanetti at their disposal. Perhaps Martin Caceres, despite the assurances of Secco last week, won’t be the club’s last summer buy after all…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of this I admit is overreaction and certainly ridiculous especially the latter statement but one things for sure Zanetti did give us something unique and we have lost a certain element that we wont see from other central mid players this season. Zanetti's passing and creativity was at times admirable. Thank you Zanetti all the best for you :tup: and worst for our beloved rivals.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Eℓvin;2100300 said:
Ferrara: Zanetti? He had the opportunity to go to Fiorentina and lengthen his contract. On my part, I have no intention of keeping players who do not want to stay or force them to stay against their will.
So we actually wanted to keep him and offered him a new contract but he rejected it and opted to sign for Fiorentina and didn't want to stay?

And then Zanetti says that he told Ferrara that he wants Fiorentina and that he's delighted to go to Fiorentina?

And You fucking idiots say FUCK SUCKO and LOYAL Zanetti?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So we actually wanted to keep him and offered him a new contract but he rejected it and opted to sign for Fiorentina and didn't want to stay?

And then Zanetti says that he told Ferrara that he wants Fiorentina and that he's delighted to go to Fiorentina?

And You fucking idiots say FUCK SUCKO and LOYAL Zanetti?
I don't think he was offered a contract.

I think Ferrara probably meant that Zanetti could get a longer contract by moving to Fiorentina.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I cant help it...i just get the feeling we have just lost a player who had featured more than 10 times last season! And even when he did ok i admitt it he did his best but he was nothing unique! Melo has the ability to Curve long-distance passes better than Zanetti ever did.
So no we wont miss him but we thank him anyway...and may he be unlucky with his spell with the Viola eventhough they out-smarted us when it came to the contract as they opted to pen him a clause of pay-as-you-play.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
No, it's FUCK NEEDLESS DRAMA!

And about that blog on football-italia: CZ our only playmaker, and we lost him? What the fuck is Diego then? :sergio:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So it's FUCKY BILLY now?
It's not, because every normal person in his place will prefer a team where he will be a regular starter. Even more if it's the team where he started his career.
Zanetti's demand to go to Fiorentina was a normal one.

But what isn't normal is blaming the fucking management for not keeping a player that wanted to go to Fiorentina, especially since that player was a bencher in Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)