Cristiano Zanetti (5 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio says he does “not understand why Cristiano Zanetti was sold” to Fiorentina.

The transfer was officially confirmed today for around £1m, but took some of his teammates in Turin by surprise.

“I did not expect Cristiano's sale and I haven't spoken to him yet,” commented Marchisio.

“I do not understand why he was sold, I really didn't see this coming. He is a friend and helped me so much.”

Marchisio has received his debut Azzurri call for Wednesday's friendly against Switzerland and can consider this a 'promotion' with less competition for places at Juve.

“In theory I could have more space, but with so many competitions we are in this season, we could both have played regularly.”​

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/aug10o.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve Material

Aug 4, 2009
If he wanted to leave then what can you do. At least we got money rather than him going for free at the end of the season.

Zanetti has never got the credit he should have throughout his career - injuries really messed him up. But he was a really good passer of the ball, sometimes even great (his assists to Del Piero vs Lazio).

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
Here it is again, so you guys will finally stop moaning :

"I told [Juve coach] Ciro Ferrara that I couldn't say no to Fiorentina. I'm delighted to return to Florence."
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=871200.html
-----------------------------------------
It was his decision. He even accepted a big pay-cut in order to go to Fiorentina.

I don't blame Zanetti. He obviously wanted regular playing time and no way he could have that guaranteed in Juve. He could have chosen to sit on the bench, play from time to time, and earn double more money in Juve, but his wish is to play.

No blame for the management and Ferrara either. What were they supposed to do if Zanetti himself wanted to leave? They couldn't guarantee a starting XI spot to him and they surely couldn't offer him a pay-rise in order to convince him to stay.
haha...do you expect him to say "Secco came out of the darkness and left me no choice but to join Fiorentina just to make baby Poulsen happy"?

It was a diplomatic response by Zanetti, and nothing more.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
haha...do you expect him to say "Secco came out of the darkness and left me no choice but to join Fiorentina just to make baby Poulsen happy"?

And how do you know what really happened and drove Zanetti to a diplomatic response?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Believe what you want to believe.

In your case, as with many here, it seems you will believe whatever version of events will make Secco look worse.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
He grew up in their youth system, and coupled with the fact he took a pay cut, it appears he wanted to join Fiorentina.

Zanetti was our unsung hero, so it's tough to see him leave. We must consider the facts though. He is 32, plagued with injury last season, and in the last year of his contract (which is a healthy sum). I'm sad to see him go, but business is business.

Apr 16, 2008
How is a player like Zanetti more important to the club than Zidane? Loyalty?

Second paragraph is a massive exaggeration. Felipe Melo can play the ball brilliantly.
From what I've seen of the two players, the Italian is by far superior.

A player like, with emphasis on like, is much more important to the true Juventus than a player like, again like, Zidane. He personified a loyalty and workmanship that a star like Zidane never gets the opportunity to do. The Juventus i started following during the 90's was built up by hard working and loyal Italians like Birindelli, Tacchinardi, Di Livio etc. To spice up the team, players like Zidane, Nedved and perhaps even Diego arrive and steal the headlines.

These stars can be found anywhere, but the real heart of Juventus is the loyal Italian who wants to work hard for il Bianconeri rather than spend his career in some other club.

I know I don't have many followers in my romantic view of Juventus, but that doesn't matter. Zanetti is gone and neither me, nor Claudio Marchisio, can understand why.

It's a shame and a disgrace, and this Mercato is a disaster.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
From what I've seen of the two players, the Italian is by far superior.

A player like, with emphasis on like, is much more important to the true Juventus than a player like, again like, Zidane. He personified a loyalty and workmanship that a star like Zidane never gets the opportunity to do. The Juventus i started following during the 90's was built up by hard working and loyal Italians like Birindelli, Tacchinardi, Di Livio etc. To spice up the team, players like Zidane, Nedved and perhaps even Diego arrive and steal the headlines.

These stars can be found anywhere, but the real heart of Juventus is the loyal Italian who wants to work hard for il Bianconeri rather than spend his career in some other club.

I know I don't have many followers in my romantic view of Juventus, but that doesn't matter. Zanetti is gone and neither me, nor Claudio Marchisio, can understand why.

It's a shame and a disgrace, and this Mercato is a disaster.

:lol: the :gsol: loyal Italian :gsol: just said "I can't say no to Florence."

So what do you want Secco to do, hide him in his basement?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)