Cristiano Zanetti (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Marceℓℓo;2099406 said:
Wishful thinking.

Sell Zanetti,Poulsen&Almiron and get that mofo.Alternatively we could promote Marrone to the first team or keep Poulsen.
Why not just keep Zanetti, sell Poulsen for 8-10M Euros, sell Almiron, and find alternatives for the fullback positions with a budget of 12M Euros?

I find this to be a smarter piece of business, especially considering we'd spend 20M on DAWGostino.

Eℓvin;2099407 said:
Aha, but I think if given the proper instructions it won't be a problem for him to play that way.
I don't really think so. Marchisio is better providing support to the attack, driving forward left or right centrally. He isn't one to just sit back and hold in midfield, plus I don't think he has that sort of passing range to do that. IMO, he's better working off of a player like Melo or Pirlo, pushing up the pitch and then providing support for winning balls back quickly in the opposition's end. He's more of like a Gerrard than a Xabi Alonso when it comes to his stilo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You just have to wonder what they're thinking. The board and Ciro. I don't know why they would want to get rid of Zanetti for such a low price, especially when he's content with being a reserve. Sure, he may walk away free next year, but it's not like we're losing a lot of money here. His salary isn't something burdensome either.

I just hope they're not trying to make space for Mama Diarra, then selling Poulsen. If we sell him and Zanetti with bringing in Diarra, that means we will have no DM's for a month and lethargic DM's during Ramadan. It would be absolutely retarded, and I don't think they are THAT retarded to do something like that, but it is possible.

Jul 2, 2006
Marceℓℓo;2099406 said:
Wishful thinking.

Sell Zanetti,Poulsen&Almiron and get that mofo.Alternatively we could promote Marrone to the first team or keep Poulsen.
selling Zanetti is understandable. he is earning something around 2 million € per year and playing around 15 matches per season. instead of losing him for free at the end of season we could make some profit.

sell Zanetti,Poulsen&Almiron AND Tiago so we could get D'Agostino.

Sissoko,Melo,Marchisio,D'Agostino,Marrone

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
selling Zanetti is understandable. he is earning something around 2 million € per year and playing around 15 matches per season. instead of losing him for free at the end of season we could make some profit.

sell Zanetti,Poulsen&Almiron AND Tiago so we could get D'Agostino.

Sissoko,Melo,Marchisio,D'Agostino,Marrone
But then we'd have no backup for Sissoko. We go from having a glut of DM's to only one. If we're going with the 4-3-1-2 diamond midfield, then we should have two true DM's who can destroy.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Zanetti is disturbingly underrated. Smooth player and a classy guy to have in the squad. There's no way we should sell him for peanuts. He should rather have a one year extension.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Poulsen is not a bad player. 8-10 is a reasonable sum for him. Certainly 8 is a viable and fair price. Not less than that.
we have trying to offload the guy all the summer... but the only club who wanted him for that money was Fenerbache..and he rejected them.

Some English teams have asked for him.. but their offer was not so good. And he don't wont a loan deal.

It's not easy to sell this guy, Secco has tried. His salary is very high so nobody wants to pay him that much.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, maybe but I don't think any club will pay that fee, especially not when he has such a high salary.
we have trying to offload the guy all the summer... but the only club who wanted him for that money was Fenerbache..and he rejected them.

Some English teams have asked for him.. but their offer was not so good. And he don't wont a loan deal.

It's not easy to sell this guy, Secco has tried. His salary is very high so nobody wants to pay him that much.
Well, he'd just have to take a paycut then.

But this is just another reason why we shouldn't have signed him anyway. I was screaming last year that we didn't need the guy and should have found a passing midfielder instead, but I was labeled a conspiracy theorist for it. Poulsen, even though I find him to be a solid player, will just go down in the books as yet another screw up by Secco and the rest of the gang in the transfer market.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This must have something to do with Poulsen.
Sissoko, Melo, Marchisio, Camoranesi, Tiago, Zanetti, Poulsen, Almiron.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this are our CMs right now?

Sissoko, Melo, Marchisio, Camoranesi and Tiago (Ferrara's wish Tiago to stay) are certain to be here next year.
We need one more, maximum two CMs. Almiron is gone so it's between Poulsen and Zanetti.
These are the three options:

1. Keep Zanetti and sell Poulsen.
- This was the idea. We tried but Poulsen doesn't want to go, just like Tiago didn't want to leave last year.

2. Keep both of them
- One of them will hardly play at all and both of them are on high wages. Ideally, selling Poulsen was the best scenario. We pay 6m eur for his wages per year (incl. taxes) and if we sold him for 7m that means 13m more than what we'd have if we keep him.
But Poulsen doesn't want to leave so option 3 is left.....

3. Keep Poulsen, sell Zanetti
- Zanetti's last year in Juve. Selling him for 2.5m and not paying 4m for his wages means 6.5m more than keeping him in Juve.

I believe we're choosing option 3 only because Poulsen fucked up option 1 and because option 2 will cost us a lot and one of them still ain't gonna get any playing time.

I hope something better and bigger is the cause of Zanetti's sale, but if it's not, then we're selling him due to what i mentioned above.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Can't blame him for it either. Istanbul is beautiful and all, but I don't know if I'd want to play there, being an infidel Dane who doesn't have the right to create cartoons of islam.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If we sell any players then that money should be spent on fullbacks. Its crazy to start bringing in anything else. Give me Rafinha and that is it. We are the only top club with fullbacks like these. We sign expensive attackers we are not in need of(Amauri) and midfielders we are not in need of(Melo).

SECCO!! We need FULLBACKS or as they say in you language TERZINO(I think)!!

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009

Sissoko, Melo, Marchisio, Camoranesi and Tiago (Ferrara's wish Tiago to stay) are certain to be here next year.
We need one more, maximum two CMs. Almiron is gone so it's between Poulsen and Zanetti.

- This was the idea. We tried but Poulsen doesn't want to go, just like Tiago didn't want to leave last year.

2. Keep both of them
- One of them will hardly play at all and both of them are on high wages. Ideally, selling Poulsen was the best scenario. We pay 6m eur for his wages per year (incl. taxes) and if we sold him for 7m that means 13m more than what we'd have if we keep him.

- Zanetti's last year in Juve. Selling him for 2.5m and not paying 4m for his wages means 6.5m more than keeping him in Juve.

I believe we're choosing option 3 only because Poulsen fucked up option 1 and because option 2 will cost us a lot and one of them still ain't gonna get any playing time.

I hope something better and bigger is the cause of Zanetti's sale, but if it's not, then we're selling him due to what i mentioned above.
:agree: Exactly

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

2. Keep both of them

The nice thing about Zanetti though is that he can act as a sub for both Melo and Sissoko. He can sit back and pull the strings in midfield with passes or squash attacks from the opposition, but Poulsen can only do the latter. His passing isn't poor or anything, but Billy does a great job distributing the ball and is very similar to Melo in that respect.

If Melo is out, this will mean Poulsen takes his place centrally in midfield, and our tactics are immediately disrupted because we no longer have the drive or someone who can take the ball from the defense deeper in midfield. Perhaps if Camo plays on the right this situation would be somewhat thwarted, but maybe not.

It may seem like not a big deal, but with the diamond midfield you must have someone who can lay out passes from a deep position, or else Diego will have to come back to get the ball. If so, then that screws us up even more because we'd become even more dependent on him and we'll pull him away from his best area, around their area.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If we sell any players then that money should be spent on fullbacks. Its crazy to start bringing in anything else. Give me Rafinha and that is it. We are the only top club with fullbacks like these. We sign expensive attackers we are not in need of(Amauri) and midfielders we are not in need of(Melo).

SECCO!! We need FULLBACKS or as they say in you language TERZINO(I think)!!
What are you on about? Don't you realize that if we didn't have Amauri last year, we would have only had Alex and Iaquinta up top for most of the season? Trezeguet was out injured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)