Cristiano Zanetti (6 Viewers)

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
This must have something to do with Poulsen.
Sissoko, Melo, Marchisio, Camoranesi, Tiago, Zanetti, Poulsen, Almiron.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this are our CMs right now?

Sissoko, Melo, Marchisio, Camoranesi and Tiago (Ferrara's wish Tiago to stay) are certain to be here next year.
We need one more, maximum two CMs. Almiron is gone so it's between Poulsen and Zanetti.
These are the three options:

1. Keep Zanetti and sell Poulsen.
- This was the idea. We tried but Poulsen doesn't want to go, just like Tiago didn't want to leave last year.

2. Keep both of them
- One of them will hardly play at all and both of them are on high wages. Ideally, selling Poulsen was the best scenario. We pay 6m eur for his wages per year (incl. taxes) and if we sold him for 7m that means 13m more than what we'd have if we keep him.
But Poulsen doesn't want to leave so option 3 is left.....

3. Keep Poulsen, sell Zanetti
- Zanetti's last year in Juve. Selling him for 2.5m and not paying 4m for his wages means 6.5m more than keeping him in Juve.

I believe we're choosing option 3 only because Poulsen fucked up option 1 and because option 2 will cost us a lot and one of them still ain't gonna get any playing time.

I hope something better and bigger is the cause of Zanetti's sale, but if it's not, then we're selling him due to what i mentioned above.
Well said :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The nice thing about Zanetti though is that he can act as a sub for both Melo and Sissoko. He can sit back and pull the strings in midfield with passes or squash attacks from the opposition, but Poulsen can only do the latter. His passing isn't poor or anything, but Billy does a great job distributing the ball and is very similar to Melo in that respect.

If Melo is out, this will mean Poulsen takes his place centrally in midfield, and our tactics are immediately disrupted because we no longer have the drive or someone who can take the ball from the defense deeper in midfield. Perhaps if Camo plays on the right this situation would be somewhat thwarted, but maybe not.

It may seem like not a big deal, but with the diamond midfield you must have someone who can lay out passes from a deep position, or else Diego will have to come back to get the ball. If so, then that screws us up even more because we'd become even more dependent on him and we'll pull him away from his best area, around their area.
No need to tell me this Andy. I know that Zanetti is a player we still need. I can also see why the board is selling him though.
It would've been much easier if we sold Tiago last year or if we sold Poulsen this summer. But now things are too complicated and a sacrifice needs to be made.

To use Cronios' reasoning: "Secco shouldn't have bought Poulsen and Tiago at all. Not only that they didn't give much to the club but they also create problems with their refusals to be sold from Juve." :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No need to tell me this Andy. I know that Zanetti is a player we still need. I can also see why the board is selling him though.
It would've been much easier if we sold Tiago last year or if we sold Poulsen this summer. But now things are too complicated and a sacrifice needs to be made.

To use Cronios' reasoning: "Secco shouldn't have bought Poulsen and Tiago at all. Not only that they didn't give much to the club but they also create problems with their refusals to be sold from Juve." :p
Well, I don't think we should have bought Poulsen either.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What are you on about? Don't you realize that if we didn't have Amauri last year, we would have only had Alex and Iaquinta up top for most of the season? Trezeguet was out injured.
I know that but at the time we signed him he wasn't really necessary cuz we already had the top scorer in the league Del Piero, the runner up Trezeguet and the world champion Iaquinta. I love Amauri but at that time he wasn't necessary.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I know that but at the time we signed him he wasn't really necessary cuz we already had the top scorer in the league Del Piero, the runner up Trezeguet and the world champion Iaquinta. I love Amauri but at that time he wasn't necessary.
Please cut out that fucking nonsense. It doesn't make Iaquinta any better because he won the World Cup.

And what, you think we should only have three strikers on the team?

Any reason to hate Amauri just gets so, so, so... old.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Would be sad to see him go. I'd prefer Poulsen to go to be honest but if we get a good price out of him, I won't complain. I just hope Marchisio fills the space left by Zanetti well.

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
Iaquinta was also injured sometimes at the same time Trez was. So if we wouldn't have had Amauri we would be screwed. Just Del Piero and Gio as "strikers"...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Please cut out that fucking nonsense. It doesn't make Iaquinta any better because he won the World Cup.

I don't hate Amauri. He is actually one of my favorite players in the team.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't hate Amauri. He is actually one of my favorite players in the team.
So why complain about him then, especially when it did turn out he was needed?

Moreover, you really love the 4-2-3-1, and Amauri would be the ideal player for spearheading that attack.

Agreed but but selling Zanetti will surely free up some well needed playing time for Marchisio, as I doubt we are selling Zanetti for the money alone.
Marchisio playing time is not really my concern. He will get time for sure. But he can't sit deep in midfield and distribute the ball like Billy.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So why complain about him then, especially when it did turn out he was needed?

Moreover, you really love the 4-2-3-1, and Amauri would be the ideal player for spearheading that attack.

Again, at the time we signed Amauri I thought that the signing wasn't necessary. I thought we could have spent the money on a WC midfielder(Diego) or defender cuz our attackers were good and there were no problems in that department. Today, I think he is our best striker with Del Piero.

And yes, Amauri is the perfect man for the 4-2-3-1.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

He won't, because they're different sort of players.
:agree: :agree:

I think the sale of Zanetti is a necessity and that said, i dont mind him being sold eventhough i'd have preferred to see Poulsen out but Tiago definitely stays :juventus:

Apr 29, 2006
Well I am a bit confused from this possible sale too, but I have different reasons:
(-minuses)
1.Selling Zanetti would leave us without an experienced midfielder.
-Not that Tiago and Poulsen are young, but especially Poulsen is really not adapted to this team and Seria A at all. In my opinion he has never really found his place in our midfield and the same thing to a lesser degree could be said for Tiago.
The only midfielder left with the needed experience is Camoranesi, but I am worried he might get injured again, besides he is not playing that defensive role.
2. No relevant replacement in the squad.
3. Lower financial requirements than the current alternative (Poulsen)

(+)
1. Huge CMs bench.
2. More playing time for Marchisio.
3. Cost per game /these 6 millions, distributed over 10 games max(cause we have Melo now and last season he did 15 or so...) would be around 600k per game - more than CR9 gets paid now by Madrid/
4. More playing time for Zanetti - I think the guy deserves it.

But Alen?, I think, said that Almiron is finished for us. What do u mean? Did we sell him/loan him or just send him home? Do we get some money for that? Are we still paying him a salary?
I don't know why, but I have the feeling Almiron and/or Poulsen would be used in an exchange for this Rafina guy or another back...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
This is pretty fucked up.

So we sell Billy and save his 4m (including taxes) + his transfer fee of 2M... so that's 6m or so...

If we sell Grygera for 5M (Fener, or somebody), we could make a move for a proper fullback... I guess that scenario would make a lot of sense. Fullback was easily our biggest weakness last year, and we have pretty big holes on both sides.

Love Zanetti, ideally he would stay, but he (understandably) wasn't in great form at the end of last year (had a couple decent games, and that brilliant bomb of a volley... goal of the year, for me). I never thought that he would be renewed past this season... maybe those who get to see him everyday in training feel that he's slipped a bit... they must, if we're really going to let him go. It sucks because he's such a team oriented player...

I wonder if Ciro would ever attempt to acclimate Tiago to that holding role, as the second option... and there is always the 4-2-3-1 option. It probably wouldn't work (it seems a counterproductive notion, since he's been much better in the new formation, now that he has the freedom to largely forego his defensive responsibilities - comparatively - and really express himself... of course, support from the coach needs to be accounted for as well), but he's a pretty good passer, a decent tackler... of course, I've never seen him play in that role.

Thoughts on Tiago? A disaster in that holding role?

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I wonder if Ciro would ever attempt to acclimate Tiago to that holding role, as the second option... and there is always the 4-2-3-1 option. It probably wouldn't work (it seems a counterproductive notion, since he's been much better in the new formation, now that he has the freedom to forget about his defensive responsibilities, and really express himself... of course, support from the coach needs to be accounted for as well), but he's a pretty good passer, a decent tackler... of course, I've never seen him play in that role.

Thoughts on Tiago? A disaster in that holding role?
I disagree.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
What are you on about? Don't you realize that if we didn't have Amauri last year, we would have only had Alex and Iaquinta up top for most of the season? Trezeguet was out injured.
:lol:

Decent isn't like me saying that Tiago is good at tackling, just serviceable... point taken. So that's a no from Curr. Anyone else who would care to elaborate?

I know that Curr isn't so good with words...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)