Mar 16, 2004
TOP ASSIST MEN IN SERIE A after 20 rounds

1. Pizarro (Roma) 7
2. Lavezzi (Napoli) 7
3. Zlatan (Inter) 6
4. Di Natale (Udinese) 6
5. ZANETTI (JUVE) 5

Better than Kaka, Totti, Pirlo, Seedorf
http://sport.alice.it/it/calcio/serie_a/0708/statistiche/classifiche/giocatori/assist.html

TOP TACKLERS IN SERIE A after 20 rounds

1. Gargano (Napoli) 92 tackles won
2. Morrone (Parma) 87 tackles won
3. ZANETTI (JUVE) 81 tackles won

Better than Gattuso, Cambiasso, De Rossi

Zanetti is also Juve's leader in made passes (829 passes) and in intercepted passes (39)

Great stats, Alen. I think that, along with just watching him play, casts aside any doubts over whether or not he's the best midfield all-arounder in Italy right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

The way he's playing now, he reminds of Vieira in his prime. Indispensible defensivelly and fabulous long range passing. Great player, trully one of the best in his position.

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Zanetti 'Retires’ From International Football

Juventus star Cristiano Zanetti will not be earning a recall to the Italy national team or travelling to Euro 2008 after he all but confirmed his retirement from international football.

Zanetti has not played for his country since Euro 2004, when he was one of Italy’s most disappointing players as they controversially crashed out of the competition in the group stages.

It was believed that the ex-Inter man would struggle to ever find his way back into the international fold, but some superb performances for Juventus this season has led to many campaigning for him to be recalled.

With Roberto Donadoni set to name his squad for the friendly with Portugal in Zurich next Wednesday, Zanetti’s name was expected to be called.

However the midfielder has set the record straight and says he will not be considered for selection as he took the decision to retire from international football after Euro 2004.

"I am 30 years-old and I think only about Juventus," said Zanetti.

"I don’t want to create confusion. Donadoni is an honourable man and I admire him greatly, both as a person and as a coach.

“This decision I took four years ago, after the European Championships in Portugal. In simple terms it is an old story.”

Gianni Wilson

Boksic

May 11, 2005
thats decent news IMO,

Zanetti will get a well deserved rest throughout the international break, which will be good for us in the long run.

Italy's loss is our gain, Forza Cristiano

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Was that Zanetti who got the red? For what? Mouthing off?

Here is my problem. Zanetti is 3rd in the league for yellow cards, and I dont ever remember him getting a 2nd for complaining to the ref after. Yet he gets a straight red after the game which suspends him for the derby. With the terrible ref performance in mind, a tad bit strange dont u think?

Jul 2, 2006

Here is my problem. Zanetti is 3rd in the league for yellow cards, and I dont ever remember him getting a 2nd for complaining to the ref after. Yet he gets a straight red after the game which suspends him for the derby. With the terrible ref performance in mind, a tad bit strange dont u think?
he is ex-inter player.what did you expect?

mofotti don't want his old players' success in league.their success is proof of mofotti's failure

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Indeed. Zanetti always keeps his cool out on the pitch.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
if Zanetti is suspended for the derby, we have to start with Tiago in midfield!

Nocerino and Sissoko would be a disaster seeing as neither have the best range in passing.

Tiago would play well in Zanetti's role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)