Cristiano Ronaldo (80 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I dont care about "being true to yourself" and respect and all that non sense. From a pure football POV and ignoring wages, Ronaldo would improve Juve. Thats all I care about. Bonucci is actually a good example, glad you brought it up. That improved the club. Like where's Caldara even at now?
Why should we reject Ronaldo? For me, it’s obvious. But for anyone who doesn’t think so:

1) He is washed up, and getting worse every year. Vlahovic is a superior player in every aspect. They cannot both play on the same pitch because they will starve each other.
2) We can’t afford his wages. I doubt he brings much from a commercial standpoint this late in his career to offset that.
3) No one in our team likes him (except Pinsoglio). People were glad to see his back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Why should we reject Ronaldo? For me, it’s obvious. But for anyone who doesn’t think so:

1) He is washed up, and getting worse every year. Vlahovic is a superior player in every aspect. They cannot both play on the same pitch because they will starve each other.
2) We can’t afford his wages. I doubt he brings much from a commercial standpoint this late in his career to offset that.
3) No one in our team likes him (except Pinsoglio). People were glad to see his back.
1. I disagree, I think they can coexist. Ronaldo doesn't want to play the 9 role, he wants to play the wings and cut in like he did in his prime. Vlahovic would allow him to do that.
2. I agree about the wages, but this is just a hypothetical scenario that ignores that.
3. Sounds more like an opinion than a fact tbh. The majority of the team said bye to him on social media for example, and they've all said he was a good teammate, even if he was more private than most.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

Stop it please. DV has everything to prove yet. Fiorentina numbers don't mean anything if he cannot confirm them here at least.

Jun 16, 2020
The eye test never fails.
Vlahovic has been underwhelming so far and has everything to prove, but in his defense he did get max 1 useful ball per game last year.

It doesn’t matter though. It’s about the potential. I rather have some patience with a competitive team existing of mainly young guys knowing they will get better as time progresses instead of chasing the short term succes and resigning Ronaldo at the expense of our financial household.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I dont care about "being true to yourself" and respect and all that non sense. From a pure football POV and ignoring wages, Ronaldo would improve Juve. Thats all I care about. Bonucci is actually a good example, glad you brought it up. That improved the club. Like where's Caldara even at now?
Can you though?

Would he though?

And to combine them, would his contibutions be justified by his wages? He has clearly been in decline even since he was here.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Ronaldo didnt improve United, they massively fell apart after signing him and scored a lot less goals. Ronaldo also didnt improve Juventus tbh, we also massively fell apart after signing him and scored a lot less goals. Football is a team sport and Ronaldo is not a team player.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Ronaldo didnt improve United, they massively fell apart after signing him and scored a lot less goals. Ronaldo also didnt improve Juventus tbh, we also massively fell apart after signing him and scored a lot less goals. Football is a team sport and Ronaldo is not a team player.
of course he improved us. Who was the last player to score 30+ goals at Juventus in a season? Higuain, ADP and Trez were the only recent players I can think of.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
of course he improved us. Who was the last player to score 30+ goals at Juventus in a season? Higuain, ADP and Trez were the only recent players I can think of.
But the team scored less goals. 16/17 our front 3 Higgy, Dybala, Mandzukic scored 61 and the rest of the guys added another 44 (in all comps), 105 goals total. 17/18 same front trio had 59 and the rest of the guys 48, 107 goals total. When Ronaldo replaced Higgy, Ronaldo individually scored a lot, but the front trio combined scored 48, a significant drop. The rest of the team also scored less, combining for 35, so 83 goals total.

And the same thing (even more brutal drop and overall decrease in team level) happened at United, Ronaldo "added" his 20-30 goals, but in reality accomodating his need to be the focal point in the attack often takes away more goals than it brings in.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
But the team scored less goals. 16/17 our front 3 Higgy, Dybala, Mandzukic scored 61 and the rest of the guys added another 44 (in all comps), 105 goals total. 17/18 same front trio had 59 and the rest of the guys 48, 107 goals total. When Ronaldo replaced Higgy, Ronaldo individually scored a lot, but the front trio combined scored 48, a significant drop. The rest of the team also scored less, combining for 35, so 83 goals total.

And the same thing (even more brutal drop and overall decrease in team level) happened at United, Ronaldo "added" his 20-30 goals, but in reality accomodating his need to be the focal point in the attack often takes away more goals than it brings in.
That point would make sense if we started scoring more goals with more or less same lineup as with Ronaldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Well the theory is that he sucks up all attacking play around him like a vacuum and then after he goes, naturally he also leaves a black hole behind. :p
So if you partner with Cronaldo you become a permanently worse footballer? Amazing superpower :biggrin:

I think the answer for our predicament is in your first post. You wrote Mandzukic somewhere and we havent been the same since we lost him.

Paired with a midfield that got worse and worse with every passing season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)