Cristiano Ronaldo (109 Viewers)

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Wasted 3 years here, should pretend to have Covid for the rest of the season
Juve are the only blemish on the career of the goat..

People 50 years from now will look at his Wikipedia page and say wow he won so much at Manu and Madrid but didn’t win much at juventus. It’s embarrassing.

Mar 10, 2009
I've got to admit, I never expected us to be in this position when we first signed him. When Ronaldo arrived we were competing for the CL and amongst the elite. Somehow we have regressed since he arrived. Perhaps our team had always overachieved previously, disguised under Allegri's world class management.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We didn’t regress because of Ronaldo, we regressed because we have replaced Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba with Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira and Rabiot over the years.

Mar 10, 2009
We didn’t regress because of Ronaldo, we regressed because we have replaced Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba with Pjanic, Matuidi, Khedira and Rabiot over the years.
I'm definitely not blaming Ronaldo. I think in hindsight when we signed him, our teams wasn't as good as we thought it was.

Imo the 2015 team was our best. Even better than 2017.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I see it like that - Our team became less of a team once we signed Ronaldo - We definitely improved on individuals but not as a team and I blame coaches for this.
It started with Allegri continued with Sarri and now its Pirlo.

As for now the best we can do is to keep hold of him even if it means free transfer - this is until we get someone like Haaland who can provide WC threat to opponents.
Midfield wise - We need to understand if we can get Pogba in 2021 or 2022 (bosman).

I think we can become twice as better in 2 years but if we dont get a proper coach its all meaningless.
Pirlo - I havent dismissed him yet but it doesnt look promising. I expected us to do more against Barcelona even without Ronaldo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 76)