Cristiano Ronaldo (96 Viewers)

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I havent really paid too much attention to ranking the all time top 5 but if your question is who has been better than C.Ronaldo.

Zidane Crujff Platini Maradona Pele and Brazilian Ronaldo before his serious injury (actually this guy would be the real goat should he avoided that nasty injury).
On top of my head these names quickly emerged but I dont think you can call a player the best of all time without taking reference to his position
C.Ronaldo in his position is indeed top 5.

Its easier when talking about GK though - Buffon and Yashin are the only real contenders here and while I havent seen much of Yashin I have seen enough of Buffon and he is to me the GOAT GK.
How much did you see of Pele? Also, there’s no way Zidane was better than C.Ronaldo (they also play different positions). Even Zidane would disagree with you on that one. Neither was Cruyff or the other names you listed. The only one I would consider is Maradona.

Jul 2, 2006
what's up with football italia's provocative headlines?

Agnelli watches Spadafora fight Ronaldo

Patron Andrea Agnelli had already distanced Juventus from the commotion as Cristiano Ronaldo and Minister of Sport Vincenzo Spadafora continued to fight it out in a public spat on Friday.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
what's up with football italia's provocative headlines?

Agnelli watches Spadafora fight Ronaldo

Patron Andrea Agnelli had already distanced Juventus from the commotion as Cristiano Ronaldo and Minister of Sport Vincenzo Spadafora continued to fight it out in a public spat on Friday.
they joined the anti-juve crowd years ago

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I havent really paid too much attention to ranking the all time top 5 but if your question is who has been better than C.Ronaldo.

Zidane Crujff Platini Maradona Pele and Brazilian Ronaldo before his serious injury (actually this guy would be the real goat should he avoided that nasty injury).
On top of my head these names quickly emerged but I dont think you can call a player the best of all time without taking reference to his position

Its easier when talking about GK though - Buffon and Yashin are the only real contenders here and while I havent seen much of Yashin I have seen enough of Buffon and he is to me the GOAT GK.
Zidane, Cruyff, Platini, Maradona, Pele are one of the most synonymous names in football. You just can't really put those above CR. Nothing really suggest they're better or more great than CR is. Of course, it's an opinion but there needs to be something else than opinion included or otherwise you could name anybody. Titles, Stats, Longevity, Influence, Era's etc. needs to be taken into the account.

With R9 it will always be if, could, should and would = did not happen. There's actually quite many players like that in different sports, but there's always reasons why it never happened. That speculation is unecessary, because it simply never happened.

Yashin vs Buffon, so you based your experience on for what you have seen, so it's not really a real way to put it. Or is this Youtube as an experience about the player? Can you really build a proper image about the player from the google etc.? I would never even go so far, that i would even try to judge the players i'v never seen, neither even bringing to GOAT discussion because it will always be more like someone else's opinion than yours. It will always be based on stats, very limited footage and words from the co-players.

Aug 26, 2014

For me the best player ever no doubt is Ronaldinho just too bad his prime was so short(lolzilian).

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
What if he doesnt care if its a fact or not, that is what he believes
There's zero facts included, beside numbers, trophies won etc. Those are often regarded as the things that determine the greatness, determine the success of certain player and the direct influence on the pitch. As long as goals are winning the games and the game is all about the result, the players with better statistics are always rated higher than the players with worse statistics. That needs to be taken into the account the every goal is not worth the same tho.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
There's zero facts included, beside numbers, trophies won etc. Those are often regarded as the things that determine the greatness, determine the success of certain player and the direct influence on the pitch. As long as goals are winning the games and the game is all about the result, the players with better statistics are always rated higher than the players with worse statistics. That needs to be taken into the account the every goal is not worth the same tho.
Is that a fact or a theory?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Is that a fact or a theory?
Fact is that Zidane had better career than Peter Crouch. Or let's say, it depends how you determine the career of a football player. Playing football was your job and you got paid as much as good of a worker you were and Zidane edges Peter Crouch on there. Therefore, he was more succesfull at his job and that's a fact.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Fact is that Zidane had better career than Peter Crouch. Or let's say, it depends how you determine the career of a football player. Playing football was your job and you got paid as much as good of a worker you were and Zidane edges Peter Crouch on there. Therefore, he was more succesfull at his job and that's a fact.
you can choose what you want to believe...maybe it was natural for zidane, like the pterodactyls

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
For me the best player ever no doubt is Ronaldinho just too bad his prime was so short(lolzilian).
Most fun player to watch but definitely not the best..

- - - Updated - - -

Zidane, Cruyff, Platini, Maradona, Pele are one of the most synonymous names in football. You just can't really put those above CR. Nothing really suggest they're better or more great than CR is. Of course, it's an opinion but there needs to be something else than opinion included or otherwise you could name anybody. Titles, Stats, Longevity, Influence, Era's etc. needs to be taken into the account.

With R9 it will always be if, could, should and would = did not happen. There's actually quite many players like that in different sports, but there's always reasons why it never happened. That speculation is unecessary, because it simply never happened.

Yashin vs Buffon, so you based your experience on for what you have seen, so it's not really a real way to put it. Or is this Youtube as an experience about the player? Can you really build a proper image about the player from the google etc.? I would never even go so far, that i would even try to judge the players i'v never seen, neither even bringing to GOAT discussion because it will always be more like someone else's opinion than yours. It will always be based on stats, very limited footage and words from the co-players.
Buffon is because Im biased obviously..
R9 - He was the best player ever until his injury so its not IF... He just couldnt continue being the best ever..

- - - Updated - - -

The only player on your list I wouldn’t rate ahead of Cristiano is Platini. I’m curious what is your all time Juve roster. Not just starting 11 but full 23 man roster?
Choose a formation

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Most fun player to watch but definitely not the best..

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon is because Im biased obviously..
R9 - He was the best player ever until his injury so its not IF... He just couldnt continue being the best ever..

- - - Updated - - -

Choose a formation
Sadly, R9s supreme career ended with his injury.

he will always be remembered for what he did, but sadly he never reached his height in top form. UNlike Ronaldo and messi which never have suffered careere ending injuries.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sadly, R9s supreme career ended with his injury.

he will always be remembered for what he did, but sadly he never reached his height in top form. UNlike Ronaldo and messi which never have suffered careere ending injuries.
Ronaldo pre injury is definitely the best player I have ever seen - Real Life Youtube and everything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)