Cristiano Ronaldo (46 Viewers)

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
It's a bit off topic, but we say we are living in the era of Ronaldo and Messi as one of the greatest players, but when it comes to athletes in general, Jordan is way ahead of them in every aspect. Ronaldo comes closer to him with his dedication and clutchness but Jordan is in different category.
I agree. Michael Jordan is in a category of his own when it comes to competitiveness. Dude was even legit salty when he lost a coin toss for 20 dollars. :lol:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Loving every second of it. Don't you agree though?
It’s good, but it’s not a documentary. Jordan gave them exclusive access to the footage he owned of his last season, and has a lot of control over it. As you can expect it’s mostly a tribute to Jordan’s greatness than anything else.
Jordan was amazing though. Probably the most dominating sports figure in any sports.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
It’s good, but it’s not a documentary. Jordan gave them exclusive access to the footage he owned of his last season, and has a lot of control over it. As you can expect it’s mostly a tribute to Jordan’s greatness than anything else.
Jordan was amazing though. Probably the most dominating sports figure in any sports.
That would be prime Tiger Woods imo

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
It's hard to compare different sports but i gotta say, Jordan, CR7 and Rafa Nadal are in the league of their own when it comes to competitiveness, atleast when it comes to the ball games. The thing these 3 have in common that they all are an absolute clutches. They all are playing or used to play the game as it was their last and it's not just the game, it's every single point, minute, year + dedication off the court/pitch and never took any shortcuts to their success either. 3 of the most competitive ball games on earth, being the best or even dominant in those, is just something else.

If i had to list the greatest athletes ever top 5, i'd go something like:

1. Ali - The legacy he left is superior to anybody.
2. Cr7 - reasons above
3. Jordan - reasons above
4. Usain Bolt - World's fastest human deserves to be on the list.
5. Rafa Nadal - reasons above

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It's hard to compare different sports but i gotta say, Jordan, CR7 and Rafa Nadal are in the league of their own when it comes to competitiveness, atleast when it comes to the ball games. The thing these 3 have in common that they all are an absolute clutches. They all are playing or used to play the game as it was their last and it's not just the game, it's every single point, minute, year + dedication off the court/pitch and never took any shortcuts to their success either. 3 of the most competitive ball games on earth, being the best or even dominant in those, is just something else.

2. Cr7 - reasons above

Oh man no point in having Nadal ahead of Federer. Phelps not making the list is meh.

While Jordan was the MOTM he was the most important players in all finals he won, with club or country. While same cant be said about CR7 (Portugal final). Final vs Liverpool, or vs Atleti (one game a penalty shoutout, and another one 120min penalty when the score was 3-1). Im not trying to downplay CR7, but Jordan is way ahead of him.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
You should drop Mohammed or Muhammed or what ever fucking Ali from your list. Can't stand that clown.

What about Gretzky, Phelps, Rossi (#46), Schumacher, Merckx etc? Or motorsport isn't a sport? Where's all the NFL players and maybe even some baseball players (useless piece of shit sport but I believe there must be some legends there).

Btw, tennis is for gays. Throwing darts is a better sport and those guys ain't even sober.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Jahangir Khan won 555 consecutive matches in squash.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Oh man no point in having Nadal ahead of Federer. Phelps not making the list is meh.

While Jordan was the MOTM he was the most important players in all finals he won, with club or country. While same cant be said about CR7 (Portugal final). Final vs Liverpool, or vs Atleti (one game a penalty shoutout, and another one 120min penalty when the score was 3-1). Im not trying to downplay CR7, but Jordan is way ahead of him.
Nadal, Djokovic and Federer could be rolled by the dices, but i chose Nadal just because he's just 1 shy of the GS record, while also having 2 olympic golds in singles and having done that by having his best results on the clay, which is about 2 months of the year. The domination he has shown on the clay is unmatchable, guy is something like 120-2 in 5 setters on clay, which is ridiclous in such a competitive 1v1 sport as Tennis is. Also, him beating Federer 2008 at Wimbledon still remains to be something that Federer never got done on clay against Nadal. I'd put even Djokovic ahead of Federer by now and Djokovic could become the greatest Tennis player in history, even tho most of the people would not agree with it just because as always, these lists are always fandom based instead of looking at the greater picture and Djokovic as the greatest of all time doesn't sound cool as it is with the Federer/Nadal. Federer is and will always be my favourite player of all time, i own my one-handed backhand to him but it doesn't mean i'll close my eyes to the facts, for example him winning just 5 GS's last decade. It leaves 15 GS's from the first one at 2003 to 2009, and during those times and Nadal being 17-23yr and Djokovic being 16-22yr isn't exactly the prime years of anybody's career, so Federer sneaked up basically atleast 12 GS's or something before those guys even were somewhat in their primes. Federer was still 28 most of 2010 and that is nothing for a guy who still plays at 38 at the very top of the game, but still managed to win just those 5 GS's from 28 ->, which in my opinion is almost pathetic, as harsh it feels to say.

Phelps is a good candidate, but top 5 so tough that it needs to included the most played sports on earth, the world's fastest man and Ali has to be there, so Phelps doesn't make it to top 5, but would make it top 10.

Also, getting back on the Jordan vs Ronaldo and their importance to their teams and so on, i'll remind you about something: it's "easier" to have higher impact on the game/result in a 5v5 game than it's in 11v11 game. It would become the easiest on 1v1, because it's just you and you only, who's responsible for the result. Now saying that Jordan is way ahead of him, is just stupid, because he clearly isn't. If he would be ahead, it would be by the smallest possible gap, but i do think he's behind and it's just because of the sports they're playing and football being the most competitive sport on earth, so being best at it is harder than being best at something else. For example, i could include Karelin on my list as well, i could include Mayweather as well for being undefeated but my main criteria is based on the popularity of the sport around the globe.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Also, getting back on the Jordan vs Ronaldo and their importance to their teams and so on, i'll remind you about something: it's "easier" to have higher impact on the game/result in a 5v5 game than it's in 11v11 game. It would become the easiest on 1v1, because it's just you and you only, who's responsible for the result. Now saying that Jordan is way ahead of him, is just stupid, because he clearly isn't. If he would be ahead, it would be by the smallest possible gap, but i do think he's behind and it's just because of the sports they're playing and football being the most competitive sport on earth, so being best at it is harder than being best at something else. For example, i could include Karelin on my list as well, i could include Mayweather as well for being undefeated but my main criteria is based on the popularity of the sport around the globe.
Man Jordan is miles ahead for many reasons. First of all Basketball is what it is because of him. While Ronaldo could be questioned to be the best even in football, some would say, Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Messi even real Ronaldo.
Comparisons always fail, even in same sport, in same era, once you compare with different era it becomes even more difficult. And comparing two different sports makes it even harder. But Jordan was in another whole level only a blind man would say different.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Man Jordan is miles ahead for many reasons. First of all Basketball is what it is because of him. While Ronaldo could be questioned to be the best even in football, some would say, Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Messi even real Ronaldo.
Comparisons always fail, even in same sport, in same era, once you compare with different era it becomes even more difficult. And comparing two different sports makes it even harder. But Jordan was in another whole level only a blind man would say different.
jordan defined basketball, true that

- - - Updated - - -

You should drop Mohammed or Muhammed or what ever fucking Ali from your list. Can't stand that clown.

What about Gretzky, Phelps, Rossi (#46), Schumacher, Merckx etc? Or motorsport isn't a sport? Where's all the NFL players and maybe even some baseball players (useless piece of shit sport but I believe there must be some legends there).

Btw, tennis is for gays. Throwing darts is a better sport and those guys ain't even sober.
:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

And gretzky was more dominant in hockey than Michael was in basketball, hockey just isn’t that big worldwide.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I can argue about Lebron being better basketball player than Jordan was, but not greater. But i will never go on your route saying that Federer>Nadal because im a fan, just like you're doing with Jordan compared to any other athlete in this world.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Michael Jordan
3. Usain Bolt
4. CR7
5. Wayne Gretzky
6. Michael Schumacher
7. Tiger Woods
8. Michael Phelps
9. Sachin Tendulkar
10. Roger Federer

I tried to limit it to one player per sport.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

2. Cr7 - reasons above
Agree on all except for bolt.
You can call him the fastest competitive human being. In this world of almost 8 billion people there is always a chance that someone is faster, but hasn't had the chance to shine.
Also speed is kinda natural talent so it's either you have it or you don't.
For example a 13 senconds/100 meters athlete will never come close to reaching the 10 second mark regardless of how much he trains.
He could probably reach 12.5 with proper diet and training, but the margin of improvement is very low.
You can't say that if you train six hours a day all year you are going to reach 12 secanods then after another year 11 seconds .Nope that's your limit(12.5sec) and you need to becoma a cyborg if you want to do better.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I can argue about Lebron being better basketball player than Jordan was, but not greater. But i will never go on your route saying that Federer>Nadal because im a fan, just like you're doing with Jordan compared to any other athlete in this world.
You mean L3-6ron?

Before you say such thing watch finals between Dallas and Miami.

Im not a fan-fan of Jordan as you claim. I like Del Piero and Buffon better but that’s not the point.

- - - Updated - - -

@Post Ironic we need your 5 cents here.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Michael Jordan
3. Usain Bolt
4. CR7
5. Wayne Gretzky
6. Michael Schumacher
7. Tiger Woods
8. Michael Phelps
9. Sachin Tendulkar
10. Roger Federer

I tried to limit it to one player per sport.
wtf is this list?

Ali is one of my favorite athletes of all time but he didn’t dominate his division the way other athletes have dominated their sports.

also CR7 being there is ridiculous when you have Maradona and Messi.

Schumacher is kinda weird too. One can make the case Hamilton is better, he’s very close to surpassing him and has better percentage of wins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)