Cristiano Ronaldo (246 Viewers)

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
with kroos and modric, he would have 10 chances and eventually score one or two. it is not debatable that he is in way difficult position than he is in madrid. midfield is key and ours suck.
Before he moved to us I always believed he was a 1 in 2 chances kind of player. Judging over the past season for us I now think he’s actually more 1 in 3 or 1 in 4, but he doesn’t stop shooting which boosts his numbers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Before he moved to us I always believed he was a 1 in 2 chances kind of player. Judging over the past season for us I now think he’s actually more 1 in 3 or 1 in 4, but he doesn’t stop shooting which boosts his numbers.
He has had tons of games where he had 1 chance and scored 2-3, just like against us in 2017 and 2018. Last year with us he scored all our 5 KO goals in UCL and he probably had 3-4 chances. It's normal, you won't be scoring all the chances you get.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
He has had tons of games where he had 1 chance and scored 2-3, just like against us in 2017 and 2018. Last year with us he scored all our 5 KO goals in UCL and he probably had 3-4 chances. It's normal, you won't be scoring all the chances you get.
I believe this was my point. I believed he was a 1 in 2 chances player because in the big games where I watched him and in particular the CL games against us, he never missed.

I’d be interested to see the chances to goals stats from last season to ascertain where the truth lies. I recall him missing a few clear cut chances in some of the league games against smaller sides.
However, like you said in the big games he turns up and is ridiculously clinical.

As to the last point, I don’t think anything about Cristiano is normal which is why everyone holds him to a higher standard than any other player ever bar Messi, and perhaps why I rubbed my eyes in disbelief and remember the first few times I actually saw him miss an opportunity.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
In small games maybe, in big games he becomes a clutch machine.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I believe this was my point. I believed he was a 1 in 2 chances player because in the big games where I watched him and in particular the CL games against us, he never missed.

I’d be interested to see the chances to goals stats from last season to ascertain where the truth lies. I recall him missing a few clear cut chances in some of the league games against smaller sides.
However, like you said in the big games he turns up and is ridiculously clinical.

As to the last point, I don’t think anything about Cristiano is normal which is why everyone holds him to a higher standard than any other player ever bar Messi, and perhaps why I rubbed my eyes in disbelief and remember the first few times I actually saw him miss an opportunity.
I can't really remember anything about last season except that he scored tons of game winning or game tying goals in Serie A. Those first 3-4 games he missed couple sitters if i remember correctly, then i remember that Empoli longshot, then i remember those goalkeepers playing their game of lifes so many times and so on. That was just Serie A, but as i said earlier, after the new year he just somehow finds another gear and instinct to score those goals, even with the only chance he gets in the game.

Talking about that Parma game, those chances he missed weren't really great scoring chances, they were just chances and he missed them all by just few inches. I'd say estimated goals for him against Parma was probably 1.5, 2 would have been normal day at the office and hattrick would have been because he executed every chance he had. He didn't really bottle anything, he didn't have 8 chances and it was just bad day at the office, but at the same time promising because if he gets those type of chances every game, i expect him finishing atleast half of them and then in return, he will be finishing those chances which aren't even chances and then having chances where he is expected to score 10 times out of 10 should be coming at some point as well.

In other hand, i have never seen a guy pulling off such a run he has been doing past 4-5 years in UCL, especially KO stage. I couldn't but shake my head because everytime he had ball around the box, you were literally shitting on your pants because the predator was around. He really didn't even need those big chances, most of them were average situations where on your best day, you might score max 1 time out of 5 but it happened every single time, whether it was just a header, some kind of one touch flick finish between all the players, some kind of volley/bicycle kick which happens once out of 10 years max, those nerve wracking penalties which he nailed time after time and he basically scored all Real's KO stage goals, just like he did for us last season. You just knew no matter what, He's going to pull that team through that matchup because he just simply couldn't be stopped. One of the things i literally knew that he's going to score a hattrick against Atletico on our comeback game, you just knew it and it happened and it's funny because at the same time, you're kind of going through the mixed emotions, but at the same time it doesn't even surprise you anymore because he has done it so many times in his career, that it there's no way he's going out after scoring just 1 goal in whole UCL campaign and letting the critics call him a failure after the Juventus move.

Im optimistic as hell about this season when it's coming his performances on the pitch. He looks sharp, he just needs to be rested much as possible. One game a week would be ideal, max 3 in like 12 days but never those 3 games in 8 days and we will be fine. Performing at the highest level isn't going to be an issue, recovering in other hand becomes tougher and tougher so those UCL weeks he should be allowed to rest much as he wants to, whether it is staying with his family and then later arriving with his private jet couple days before the match lol.

Apr 19, 2007
Just wait til our midfield is more dynamic with Ramsey and Rabiot and also we are clicking with Sarri system. He will hit his form and start putting them away for fun. Part of the mental side of being a striker is knowing exactly whats going on at all times so your whole focus is on just scoring. That will come throughout the season as well as him being in form when he gets his rhythm. I expect a monster season from him

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Maybe unpopular thought here but our game will never get better until we start viewing Ronaldo as any other player. Players have a tendency to always look for Ronaldo and its like they want to see him score. You can clearly see it, he always get the ball in weird situations, always gets the ball even though he's not the best option and attack built around getting him into a scoring position.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Maybe unpopular thought here but our game will never get better until we start viewing Ronaldo as any other player. Players have a tendency to always look for Ronaldo and its like they want to see him score. You can clearly see it, he always get the ball in weird situations, always gets the ball even though he's not the best option and attack built around getting him into a scoring position.
Nah

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
well he had 3 clear chances to score and failed.
Can you blame your team mates?
He works as hard as anyrone, but this has to be mentioned. In 1 year of Juve, it seems like in Serie A he's missed more goals than in 9 yrs of La Liga.

In Champions it's different though, he truly has much less chances of score playing for Juventus.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We should get more young players in our ranks, lads that will be inspired with CR7 work ethics and work as hard as CR7

If only we have player like Chiesa in our ranks, maybe he will develop to be world beater if he work his asses in training more the way CR7 train

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 223)