Cristiano Ronaldo (54 Viewers)

Apr 29, 2006
If he keeps this up for another two seasons here he will be GOAT in my book. Better than R9 even (o, sacrilege - there I said it).

Amazing player and yesterday should have been a +1 to all other Juve players. When we consider Chiellini getting old I sometimes wonder - would training with CR7 extend his career too? If CR7 has even the slightest effect in most other players we have - this is the bargain of the century.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Don't know about peak level performance but you can already fit about 2-3 R9 careers into 1 CR7 career (domestic); which depicts the sheer body of work the latter has fulfilled and his consistency at the highest level which is unmatched in the modern age (apart from Messi).
Fuck that one-trick midget pony.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
What amazes me most about CR7 at Juventus is what a team player he is. He acts here like he does at his national team, and I never saw him doing that at RM where he was mostly focused on himself. That Dybala's mask celebration to support his teammate - that was "wow", what a gesture.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
its called infatuation. Some men are able to have this effect on females.
specially if they banks accounts worth hundred of milions of dollars right?

- - - Updated - - -

What amazes me most about CR7 at Juventus is what a team player he is. He acts here like he does at his national team, and I never saw him doing that at RM where he was mostly focused on himself. That Dybala's mask celebration to support his teammate - that was "wow", what a gesture.
Sometimes I feel bad for us playing so bad.
Imagine what Guardiola could do with our team :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
FFS I still can't believe he plays for us :lol: Its really one of the most unexpected things and something I never thought would happen.
I was playing PES with my friend the other day and he said smth like "Fuck man, you have Ronaldo now, so unfair", to which I said "yeah but I was still picking Juve when we had shit players", and he replied "Loyalty pays off sooner or later".

Cringe or not, I don't care, felt good :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I was playing PES with my friend the other day and he said smth like "Fuck man, you have Ronaldo now, so unfair", to which I said "yeah but I was still picking Juve when we had shit players", and he replied "Loyalty pays off sooner or later".

Cringe or not, I don't care, felt good :D

Hahaha, tell him you still destroyed him when you had Matri (this is what I tell my brothers in PES).

Apr 29, 2006
Why? If we put the nostalgia glasses aside, CR7 has easily surpassed him by now imo.
On consistency definitely. Peak performances - I am not so sure. No nostalgia glasses will let you see that R9 was doing his trade in teams far from great until long after his game-changing injuries. Just the opposite on the NT sides though.

Don't know about peak level performance but you can already fit about 2-3 R9 careers into 1 CR7 career (domestic); which depicts the sheer body of work the latter has fulfilled and his consistency at the highest level which is unmatched in the modern age (apart from Messi).
Agreed 101%. You can add club trophies of any kind, R9 doesn't have a CL, but neither does Buffon(yet).

R9 was mesmerizing to watch. More so than even CR7. His technique is another level imho to any player EVER. Never seen Pele or Maradona do things at such speed, with power in both legs and strength to drag more than one defender. Before his injury he was unbelievable, almost surreal to watch. He was doing it in times of VERY tough competition (individually) and he was head and shoulders above any other player.

But CR7 is a fitness freak. A monster that just doesn't stop, so even with my prejudice I am starting to see the light. :cool:

Oct 2, 2018
peak Ronaldo was arguably the best ever, but it didnt last long enough for GOAT status.
CR7 has 6 or 7 better seasons than the best Ronaldo played.

I was fortunate to see both in their prime live at the stadium, and it is not even close.

Ronaldo had superb skills and was very quick and strong. But CR7 has been a whole army in just one person. He simply did more, every game. He has been playing about 40 imperial matches for season until very recently.

He and Messi are a whole new level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)