Cristiano Ronaldo (103 Viewers)

Guarin-lover

Feb 2, 2014
I think one of the reasons for joining Juventus, could be due to a law was introduced in Italy a year ago to attract high-earning individuals with Cristiano's caliber.

If they take fiscal residency in Italy, they can pay a single sum of 100k euros for whatever they earn outside the country, are granted a certain privacy on those earnings and can extend this to family members for 25k. So whatever Cristiano earns outside Italy would not be taxed after paying those 100k (peanuts for him). And Juve is the only club in Italy that could afford him.
Interesting. Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet as it could be why he did come to Italy.

We all know how he feels about paying taxes.
Yeah. I don't think Cristiano's move to Juventus was entirely due to sporting reasons.

The benefits for CR7

If Ronaldo's goal was to surpass Messi's 50 million in wages, Juventus can not satisfy him. But Italy could.

CR7 has partners such as Armani, Tag Heuer, Castrol, EA Sports, Herbalife, American Tourister, not to mention the lifetime deal with Nike, and is preparing to pass 350 million social media followers. The problems with the Spanish tax authorities with which he has negotiated a fine of about 19 million euros are linked to the management of his image rights.

Like all high-earning players, CR7 has sold his rights to companies based in tax havens (British Virgin Islands and similar). Those who want to exploit the brand must "buy" it from these entities. In this way, on the proceeds CR7 "paid" taxes according to (non-existent) local rates. The Spanish tax authorities contested this practice and had to recover at least 19 million for the 2014-17 period. Now there will no longer be any need for it.

Thanks to the rule on new tax residents in Italy, introduced by the Stability Law of 2017, on foreign earnings from real estate investments, dividends and capital gains, Ronaldo will be able to pay only 100 thousand euro in taxes per year. Therefore, having revenues of over 50 million dollars in extra-currencies can save even 20 million euros in taxes. A good fiscal gain without the fear of inspections of the revenue agency.

http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/noti...o-cr7-131334.shtml?uuid=AEaYNJKF&refresh_ce=1

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The more exclusive it is the more you will want it.
I want to renew my Juventus membership and buy a Ronaldo jersey.
The store and official page won't let me log in.
I have patience, i will wait for them to fix the site and store, as long as necessary, but most won't, they will buy as soon as possible, no matter the source.
We are losing millions of profits...

Apr 29, 2006
CR7, like most players, truly deserves his salary. I don't mind him getting even 100m per year. I would never sign for his FB, insta or whatever account or buy CR7 underwear, but I do love to see him plying his trade. If he can convince a chinamen to spend his life savings for a CR7 eau du кенеф - more power to him.

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
CR7, like most players, truly deserves his salary. I don't mind him getting even 100m per year. I would never sign for his FB, insta or whatever account or buy CR7 underwear, but I do love to see him plying his trade. If he can convince a chinamen to spend his life savings for a CR7 eau du кенеф - more power to him.
I can only recommend CR7 underwear, best you can buy.. a bit more expensive than regular ones..but worth!

Apr 29, 2006
I can only recommend CR7 underwear, best you can buy.. a bit more expensive than regular ones..but worth!
You might be right, never owned a pair so my statement was piss poor from a knowledge perspective. Simply trying to state that its his right to do whatever makes him more money, as is my right to be picky and not buy the cow with the milk. ;)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Same

It’s fucking mind-boggling. And it’s not going to hit us until the bloke lines up in the tunnel before our first game of the season. Can’t wait.
We're going to feel it most in February onwards when he starts firing on all cylinders. Many (including me :D) will be frustrated and criticize him and the board for the money spent. He starts slow, he plays little but he is there doing what he does best in the second half of the season.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We're going to feel it most in February onwards when he starts firing on all cylinders. Many (including me :D) will be frustrated and criticize him and the board for the money spent. He starts slow, he plays little but he is there doing what he does best in the second half of the season.
I would gladly accept all that if it ends up with him leading us to the trophy with the big ears at the end of the season :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)