Cristiano Ronaldo (88 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
@BayernFan @Jethro

next up: Boateng & Thiago to Juve, Lewa to Real, Higuain to Bayern :dule:
Thiago Silva - Yes please
Thiago (Bayern) - Keep away - He plays like a lolzillian to me (even if he isnt an official Brazilian)

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba isnt a bad one as well

You guys got used to our great FK takers (Del Piero -> Pirlo ->Pjanic)
C.Ronaldo and Pogba arent on their level but it doesnt mean they are bad - It just means they arent great

- - - Updated - - -

I'd take Mandzu over Muller any day
He is a good player but we have no use for him..
Coming off the bench - Mandzukic is more affordable in terms of wages and wont make a big deal of not always starting - I can see Muller complaining if he rides the bench..

Apr 15, 2006
Pretty much. I must add, I feel honored to be here with you guys. Juventus is an amazing FC, always has been. But I never felt connections with the club before, I followed mostly CR7 since his move from Sporting to Man UTD.
I decided to join the Forums as I believe Juventus is actually loveable club -> I did not really like Cristiano's move from Man UTD -> RM back then, as I did not fancy all the 'glamour' / 'celebrity' status of Real Madrid, but I stick through it.

For me Cristiano is not just a football player, but if you look at his private life, his documentary, read a book about him.. you will learn much more. Many describe him as arrogant, but it's the opposite. Some 'haters' mistake arrogance with passion. Ronaldo is passionate, as in the pitch as outside of it. He never forgets from where he came, he supports the ones in need not just financially, but also by building infrastructures in towns that need more electrical power plants, roads, schools, etc. The easiest way would be to just throw money to 'agency' that are supposed to help such people, but no - Ronaldo does it by himself. I love the fact that he also takes care about his off-the-pitch career in fashion, the CR7 brand, the CR7 Hotels, etc. He always has his mind set for some goals and fights hard to achieve them. He loves his family, he takes cares of them with full heart, he teaches his eldest son how to be humble, because all the 'fancy cars and houses they have' do not come from sitting on the couch or from Ronaldo's father's pocket - no, he had to earn it, by hard work.

That is why he is also a role model for me in my professional career, even though I have nothing to do with sports in my profession. But the attitude, the passion and mind-set is truly astonishing.

And as said, I am very happy and honored that he chose Juventus this time. I spend entire day watching First Time Juventus documentary, reading this Forums about history of the Club, getting to know Torino city + watched Juventus vs Torino match just to get the feel of how they play against city rivals - and I love every fact of it.

This club has strong players with no celebrity mentality, rather they are fighters on the pitch. Maybe your opinion differs, but please do check Real Madrid and Barcelona players and you will know what i mean by that.

I am new here, but I hope you wont throw every new fan since this transfer into the same trash-can - as I think we will differ with passion for supporting the club.
:vidal:
Oh man, Twitter is a really odd place.
That HAS to be a troll account. :lol:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
But I havent felt any connection with RM club as I did with Manchester United. But today all the players that made the connection with the Man UTD no longer play for that club, so it was hard to find passion back -> of course, if you support a club you should not stop supporting it due one player's transfer - I get that, but I was in such era that I felt stronger connection with CR7 as he became my role model in life.
I don't think I'll ever understand the above and how you can lose passion for a club you claim you support but that aside you certainly have the time to type essays.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Pretty much. I must add, I feel honored to be here with you guys. Juventus is an amazing FC, always has been. But I never felt connections with the club before, I followed mostly CR7 since his move from Sporting to Man UTD.
I decided to join the Forums as I believe Juventus is actually loveable club -> I did not really like Cristiano's move from Man UTD -> RM back then, as I did not fancy all the 'glamour' / 'celebrity' status of Real Madrid, but I stick through it.

For me Cristiano is not just a football player, but if you look at his private life, his documentary, read a book about him.. you will learn much more. Many describe him as arrogant, but it's the opposite. Some 'haters' mistake arrogance with passion. Ronaldo is passionate, as in the pitch as outside of it. He never forgets from where he came, he supports the ones in need not just financially, but also by building infrastructures in towns that need more electrical power plants, roads, schools, etc. The easiest way would be to just throw money to 'agency' that are supposed to help such people, but no - Ronaldo does it by himself. I love the fact that he also takes care about his off-the-pitch career in fashion, the CR7 brand, the CR7 Hotels, etc. He always has his mind set for some goals and fights hard to achieve them. He loves his family, he takes cares of them with full heart, he teaches his eldest son how to be humble, because all the 'fancy cars and houses they have' do not come from sitting on the couch or from Ronaldo's father's pocket - no, he had to earn it, by hard work.

That is why he is also a role model for me in my professional career, even though I have nothing to do with sports in my profession. But the attitude, the passion and mind-set is truly astonishing.

And as said, I am very happy and honored that he chose Juventus this time. I spend entire day watching First Time Juventus documentary, reading this Forums about history of the Club, getting to know Torino city + watched Juventus vs Torino match just to get the feel of how they play against city rivals - and I love every fact of it.

This club has strong players with no celebrity mentality, rather they are fighters on the pitch. Maybe your opinion differs, but please do check Real Madrid and Barcelona players and you will know what i mean by that.

I am new here, but I hope you wont throw every new fan since this transfer into the same trash-can - as I think we will differ with passion for supporting the club.
Serious question...
What do you think of Messi? Do you think he is a better overall player than Ronaldo?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
But I havent felt any connection with RM club as I did with Manchester United. But today all the players that made the connection with the Man UTD no longer play for that club, so it was hard to find passion back -> of course, if you support a club you should not stop supporting it due one player's transfer - I get that, but I was in such era that I felt stronger connection with CR7 as he became my role model in life.
seems reasonable. after all, Van der Sar - G. Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs - Rooney, Tevez, was just a special generation. domestic talent coupled with WC international stars, led by a legendary manager. i loved that team even if i wasnt a Manchester supporter, it had so much charisma, leadership and fight in it. i would always support them in an european classic, if it wasnt against Juve and Bayern (love german football). nowadays, United is just a team full of mediocre mercenaries, so i can understand someone who didnt have a strong attachment to them losing interest

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
seems reasonable. after all, Van der Sar - G. Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs - Rooney, Tevez, was just a special generation. domestic talent coupled with WC international stars, led by a legendary manager. i loved that team even if i wasnt a Manchester supporter, it had so much charisma, leadership and fight in it. i would always support them in an european classic, if it wasnt against Juve and Bayern (love german football). nowadays, United is just a team full of mediocre mercenaries, so i can understand someone who didnt have a strong attachment to them losing interest
:Ratcafe:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Take it from a longtime poster (and admin) here who currently lives in Lisbon and is a supporter of the Portugal NT: welcome! :D

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
Serious question...
What do you think of Messi? Do you think he is a better overall player than Ronaldo?
I think Messi is more consistent player than Ronaldo. This means he is more of a 'sure bet' to win the game than Ronaldo on average. But he played only for Barca, so I am still not sure whether it is really just his individual skill, or the power of Barcelona combined with Messi (because his performances in Argentina are far worse than Ronaldo's for Portugal!). What makes Ronaldo great is that he shines at the very important games, he steps up and even strikes a hat-trick on a very important game. But it can happen that on some 'easy' games he doesnt play well and usually the important games are in minority, so that is why Messi is more consistent, but he is not as good of a bet as Ronaldo is, if the team needs someone to win an important match. Ronaldo is also (in my opinion) more passionate about football, Messi lately just has this sad / angry face on him on the pitch, which I dislike.

To point out, I am not one of those CR fans that apriori just hates Messi, because he they compete for the top spot in modern football history.

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
BTW guys, just have to add this: I for sure can say, at least I feel so in my heart, that from spending 1 day with you guys actively on these Forums - I am embarking on a new exciting journey in my 'Football' life. It was what... like 8 years without any debate with the fans and now here I am like chatting the entire day with you guys and it feels amazing. Juve is for sure a great club - it cannot be anything else - how can I know from day 1? Well simple - I just noticed how amazing their fans are - true family, fun bunch of peeps! Bravo and congrats to you all! :delpiero:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
BTW guys, just have to add this: I for sure can say, at least I feel so in my heart, that from spending 1 day with you guys actively on these Forums - I am embarking on a new exciting journey in my 'Football' life. It was what... like 8 years without any debate with the fans and now here I am like chatting the entire day with you guys and it feels amazing. Juve is for sure a great club - it cannot be anything else - how can I know from day 1? Well simple - I just noticed how amazing their fans are - true family, fun bunch of peeps! Bravo and congrats to you all! :delpiero:
You should be around during meltdowns. You should go to Real 1-3 Juventus thread. You’ll enjoy it even more. Juve vs Benfica. When Conte couldnt beat benfica even though Benfica were without two players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)