Cristiano Ronaldo (99 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Do you guys think eventually he will play in a 4-4-2 with Dybala and Douglas? Or do you think there’s no way we bench mandzukic?
When the team hits some kind of form I think he will play a lot together with Dybala and Costa, but in the bigger games against teams with superior midfield I expect us to start Mario

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Who knows with Max? I’m sure he’ll come up with something.
Ya I just can’t see us benching Dybala and Douglas for big games. But then again Mandzukic is also hard to bench in the big games because he comes in clutch lots of the time. I’m thinking Mandzu should be used as a sub for some games tho because the talent is clearly there with Douglas and Dybala

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Do you guys think eventually he will play in a 4-4-2 with Dybala and Douglas? Or do you think there’s no way we bench mandzukic?
Very likely both 433 and 4231 will be used (with 442 as the defensive shape with both).

In the 433, Mandzukic, Dybala and Ronaldo will rotate for two spots (assuming Max will ultimately try Dybala as F9). Berna will be DC's backup.

The 4231 attack will be DC, Dybala, Mandzukic, Ronaldo.

How often we'll see 4231 vs 433 is the question. Dybala F9 in 433? is another one.

The CM combo in the 4231 might be interesting too. Can-Matuidi might be the best.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Very likely both 433 and 4231 will be used (with 442 as the defensive shape with both).

In the 433, Mandzukic, Dybala and Ronaldo will rotate for two spots (assuming Max will ultimately try Dybala as F9). Berna will be DC's backup.

How often we'll see 4231 vs 433 is the question. Dybala F9 in 433? is another one.

The CM combo in the 4231 might be interesting too. Can-Matuidi might be the best.
4-2-3-1 against weak teams where our midfield won’t be as exposed. 4-3-3 against stronger teams - more balanced, extra mid to help our defence. We might also see diff personnel used.

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014

I think in a 4-3-3 Dybala and Ronaldo will be more central with Douglas as RM, technically making it a 4-4-2 defensively and 4-3-3 attacking. Kind of like what you said. It would be nice to have a sort of 4-4-2, where when attacking Douglas gets to free roam between the wings, keeping the fullbacks guessing.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I think in a 4-3-3 Dybala and Ronaldo will be more central with Douglas as RM, technically making it a 4-4-2 defensively and 4-3-3 attacking. Kind of like what you said. It would be nice to have a sort of 4-4-2, where when attacking Douglas gets to free roam between the wings, keeping the fullbacks guessing.
Yeah, our 433 has been 442 shape defensively for a while. That was the case all of last season.

Whether 433 or 4231, defensive shape is always 442.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Cristiano Ronaldo: Has attempted as many shots as Chievo so far this season in Serie A. Will he get his first goal of the campaign when Juventus host Sassuolo this afternoon?

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Cristiano Ronaldo: Has attempted as many shots as Chievo so far this season in Serie A. Will he get his first goal of the campaign when Juventus host Sassuolo this afternoon?
Yes, the best players in world attempt many shots at goal and do not defend much. I am sure Allegri does not like this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 66)