Cristiano Ronaldo (194 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'm not a Ronaldo hater by any means, but if he was able to put his ego aside, he'd still be banging in important goals as a rotational player for a top club in Europe....

And look, the guy is a proven winner and one of the greatest players of all time. So it would be silly for me to say he only cares about money/individual stats or criticize his career in any way. If he was ready to move on to this stage in his career (like Messi), so be it. But it just felt like he had something left to give in Europe and left prematurely.
5 CL's, several league championships, a EURO, still retains his place in the Portugal NT

He's done enough. He probably wants to end his career with 1000 goals to his name. It's just an individual legacy battle now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
5 CL's, several league championships, a EURO, still retains his place in the Portugal NT

He's done enough. He probably wants to end his career with 1000 goals to his name. It's just an individual legacy battle now.
And again, if that's his mindset, I certainly have no problem with it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I mean, I get it. Messi is doing the same thing in the MLS. If that is their priority at this point in their careers over being complimentary players making 20% of what they're making now, I completely understand.

Messi is playing football for fun with his friends for a likeable club owner in what is basically a latino city with one of the most pleasant climates in the world.

Ronaldo is on his own in the desert.

Jan 17, 2011
Messi is playing football for fun with his friends for a likeable club owner in what is basically a latino city with one of the most pleasant climates in the world.

:agree:

Messi is having 100 times a better life than Rapenaldo.

- - - Updated - - -

We know you are Islamophobic :touched:
So is everyone that isn't a Muslim.

Jan 16, 2013

He doesn't live in Miami and they only named the club Miami for marketing reasons. The stadium is actually in Fort Lauderdale which is a melting pot but I wouldn't really call it a latino city. It's also about 30 min from Miami.

Agreed though, both already had enough money to last for several generations at that point, he chose quality of life over $.

Jan 18, 2016
Masha2 Allah

Number of fucks given? ZERO!
A lot more people gave a fuck about us when he was here. Here in Norway nobody talked about Juventus, but everything changed the day he decided to join our club. I have no shame admitting that he made us bigger, and neither should anyone else. I can understand that he is easy to dislike because of his strong personality, but the guy is direct and real as fuck. You won’t find anyone else like him in this business.

I'm not saying everyone should adore him, but let's not be ungrateful.

Jan 26, 2009
A lot more people gave a fuck about us when he was here. Here in Norway nobody talked about Juventus, but everything changed the day he decided to join our club. I have no shame admitting that he made us bigger, and neither should anyone else. I can understand that he is easy to dislike because of his strong personality, but the guy is direct and real as fuck. You won’t find anyone else like him in this business.

No player is bigger than the club. There's no doubt Ronaldo is a great player, but we were a great club before he arrived, and we will remain one long after his departure and retirement. We fucked up because we have made terrible decision after terrible decision during the Ronaldo era and post Covid, thanks to our incompetent management,

Jan 17, 2011

He didn't make us bigger, because all his Indian and Nigerian dick riders left when he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 188)