Cristiano Ronaldo (302 Viewers)

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Why are people still so bitter. Its actually good we got rid of him. He was getting paid 3 times more than anyone else and we still didnt/havent fixed our midfield. You cant win CL by buying Ronaldo and playing him with Emre Can and Rabiot and win it. Most of these other teams recent years had it; Kroos, Modric, Kante, Thiago, Fabinho etc. Juve management built unbalanced team. The 2015 team might have won it with him. Pjanic wishes he could clean Pirlo shoes not to even mention how our midfield just kept losing its quality year after year and then you end up with Emre Can - Rabiot serving Ronaldo.
But its good his gone. We have young upcoming Vlahovic and Chiesa now. But still need to fix midfield. And LB.
It's the manner in which he left. He thought he was moving onto greener pastures by leaving us, and he was well wrong about that. People are just happy he's getting what he deserves.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
That's a shit take tbh. Ronaldo has modified his game several times to be competitive at the highest level even in his twilight years. Players retire or play in the US or Middle East at his age but the fact that he's still the main man at a big club speaks volumes.

He's literally a poacher now who heavily relies on service. I did not see him miss any clear cut chances. This is like expecting Pippo Inzaghi or Luca Toni to do 'something on their own'.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. We were playing a poacher on the wing that made our team severely unbalanced. It was the right decision in the end for both
to move on.
Hopefully we get rid of the Argentine soyboy too and create a winning combination.
Problem is he shifted away from the box again and again. He was more busy playing out on the wing instead of getting into the box, hence I also think there’s not much of an excuse for him.

Sure United could’ve produced more, but whenever they crossed the ball into the box he was hardly there.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Problem is he shifted away from the box again and again. He was more busy playing out on the wing instead of getting into the box, hence I also think there’s not much of an excuse for him.

Sure United could’ve produced more, but whenever they crossed the ball into the box he was hardly there.
Should he have stayed in the box and just watched the game instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Isn’t he a box player/poacher?

If so, what is he doing on the wing that much?
He's trying to do something in a dysfunctional team. The amount of shit that this man gets despite playing in teams with no identity is staggering. When he moved to the wing he created some movement and opened up passes to the crossing players. Then of course he wasn't in the box. It's a lose-lose situation.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He's trying to do something in a dysfunctional team. The amount of shit that this man gets despite playing in teams with no identity is staggering. When he moved to the wing he created some movement and opened up passes to the crossing players. Then of course he wasn't in the box. It's a lose-lose situation.
That's actually a great summary of having the current Ronaldo in your team.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It's the manner in which he left. He thought he was moving onto greener pastures by leaving us, and he was well wrong about that. People are just happy he's getting what he deserves.
I doubt he or anyone else thought that winning with United would be anything less than incredibly difficult.

His last minute departure wasn't cool but it wasn't to avoid a challenge. United are/were further from the top of the EPL than we were/are of Serie A.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
They won't make it to the top 4 this season, Although too early to tell. They were bad last season too but got to 3th by some miracle. They are currently 5th and again need to a miracle to get top 4.

Jul 7, 2018
Yep, they got a second place because of Liverpool’s injuries and Chelsea playing half-season with Lampard in the bench. If Ronaldo was intelligent (something that clearly he is not) he would stay and be part of a United rebuilding. But since his ego is bigger than his wages, he will go to PSG and keep destroying his legacy by failing in another team. I’m really serious when I say that his best shots are to stay at United and be patient or going to a smaller team like Sevilla, Dortmund or Tottenham and win a league with an underdog.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Yep, they got a second place because of Liverpool’s injuries and Chelsea playing half-season with Lampard in the bench. If Ronaldo was intelligent (something that clearly he is not) he would stay and be part of a United rebuilding. But since his ego is bigger than his wages, he will go to PSG and keep destroying his legacy by failing in another team. I’m really serious when I say that his best shots are to stay at United and be patient or going to a smaller team like Sevilla, Dortmund or Tottenham and win a league with an underdog.
CR37 can’t afford to be patient at this stage in his career.

Jul 7, 2018
CR37 can’t afford to be patient at this stage in his career.
Unless he goes to Liverpool or Bayern, he ain´t going to win important things. He is in the best club for him: one in which he already is a legend and one that can afford a rebuilt team around him. So he needs to be patient, retire or go to a small club. If he is expecting to win Champions League with Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw, Maguire, Fred and Mc Tominay, he is doomed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 269)