Cristiano Ronaldo (110 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
ronaldo CL goal total: 134 (most of all time)

del piero cl: 49
trezeguet cl: 29
dybala cl: 15 goals
higuain cl: 24 goals
tevez cl: 13 goals

total: 130

ronaldo has scored more cl goals than 5 of the best strikers in recent juve history combined.

on top of that ronaldo has scored more goals in a season (37) and last season he did 34 goals. thats more than any other juve striker. even the mighty trezeguet and del piero could only dp 32 in a season and baggio could only do 30 in a season.

in two seasons he has scored 70 goals and season is not over yet.
And Ronaldo is 36 and supposedly declining fast

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
ronaldo CL goal total: 134 (most of all time)

del piero cl: 49
trezeguet cl: 29
dybala cl: 15 goals
higuain cl: 24 goals
tevez cl: 13 goals

total: 130

ronaldo has scored more cl goals than 5 of the best strikers in recent juve history combined.

on top of that ronaldo has scored more goals in a season (37) and last season he did 34 goals. thats more than any other juve striker. even the mighty trezeguet and del piero could only dp 32 in a season and baggio could only do 30 in a season.

in two seasons he has scored 70 goals and season is not over yet.
So what? And the overall team of galacticos worth billions surrounding him that have helped him achieve those stats where is the numbers for that?
No doubt he is a great athlete but to be ashamed for him being here? And refusing to criticize him because a couple years ago he performed great against ATL? What about lately, yeah we have no galacticos to help him but he is still earning galactico money so he will take the criticism.

Last edited:

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
27 league goals in 28(2) league games, averaging almost a goal per game.

With a team that cannot control or create for shit

Fix the midfield to provice twice as many chances, and he'll easily go over a goal per game again.

And while we are fixing, make us stop leaking goals from mediocre open plays

I'm following sgjuveboy. if we didnt had ronaldo, we'd be around 10th place

- - - Updated - - -

Lets see.

Del Piero literally will claim any freekick remotely suited for a right foot taker
Trezeguet AND Del Piero combined, have less defensive workrate then 36 y/o Ronaldo

'mofo' ?

Fans like you are the same of the septic pit.
Yeah MOFO is getting paid enough and has done his job, end of story. What is this the apologetic attitude toward not being able to provide galactico service to the great CR? Anybody else can pay it and he wants to go he can.
Or did he "drag us through CL" did he? The great Ronaldo got us "there".. thank you great Ronaldo for coming to Juve..is that better?
Septic pit couldn't rival the smell of shit from the apologetic posts here.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agreed overall, i'm in fact certainly not part of the bunch claiming he is the main problem here , not at all in fact, he is however part of a failed experiment which the management set him up in, what i disagree with though it's his tantrums and attitude at times when we struggle, then labelling him as a savior when there have been so many subpar performances from him along with those 34 goals (which are a large result of stat-padding aswell) is just choosing to see what you want while ignoring the full picture, personally i expect him to be as decisive as today when it matters most in the next weeks aswell, with him playing for the team and not just for himself, he is supposed to be the one that stands out afterall.
the stat padding thing just isn’t true. He’s been incredibly clutch here. The difference between his ~30-35 goals here and his 45-50 goals at Madrid per season is the stat padding. He scored 15-20 meaningless goals/year there. This season and last we have won so few games by 2+ goals that he hadn’t even had a chance to stat pad.

I haven’t liked his attitude much post-Porto, but before that for 2.5 seasons he has been an absolute model professional here. And has been decisive in almost every single big match we have won.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So what? And the overall team of galacticos worth billions surrounding him that have helped him achieve those stats where is the numbers for that?
No doubt he is a great athlete but to be ashamed for him being here? And refusing to criticize him because a couple years ago he performed great against ATL? What about lately, yeah we have no galacticos to help him but he is still earning galactico money so he will take the criticism.
Quick search shows he is already Juves 9th best scorer in international cups (Del Piero 54, Trezeguet 30, Inzaghi 27, Baggio 22, Bettega 21, Platini 20, Ravanelli 20, Dybala 15, CR 14), and he is 6th best in Champions League/Champions Cup alone (Del Piero 44, Trezeguet 28, Platini 17, Inzaghi 17, Dybala 15, CR 14). In 23 games played. Surely he will be behind only DP-Trez in CL next season. If numbers are wrong do correct them, anyone. So he does this without the billion team you mentioned

If he stays 3-4 more years he will be clubs 2nd best scorer behind Del Piero overall. Hes at 99 goals in less than 3 seasons already. 0.77 goals per game. Out of all the players that played 3 games or more for Juve ever, only Pietro Pastore at 0.80 goals per game (51 goals in 64 games) and Ferenc Hires at 1.11 goals per game (49 goals in 44 games), who both played here last time in 1927, have better goals per game average. Stats from TM. If he scores 3 more in Serie A this season he will be 1st player in God knows how long to score 30+ in consecutive Serie A seasons. He keeps doing extraordinary things in a mediocre team as well

rainhard

May 5, 2004
All of those stats combine will come down as 1m euro per goal player, almost 2m per goal if we coubt the taxes

While Lazio have Immobile with similar amounts of goal wit CR7 in the last 2-3 seasons. But his wages probably only 20-25% compare to CR7

So that is not phenomenal. That is overpaid

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
All of those stats combine will come down as 1m euro per goal player, almost 2m per goal if we coubt the taxes

While Lazio have Immobile with similar amounts of goal wit CR7 in the last 2-3 seasons. But his wages probably only 20-25% compare to CR7

So that is not phenomenal. That is overpaid

:lol:

If you think his wages aren’t linked to driving marketing, advertising, and merchandising revenue up for the club, I don’t know what to tell you. He’s the most marketable, popular footballer in the world, and has been a significant driver of club revenue because of it.

On the pitch, It’s not his fault the club did an incompetent job of surrounding him with capable players and a capable coach. Build a proper team, like Madrid, and he’s a 45-50 goal scorer, including 10-15 a season in champions league. Last I checked, no CL level clubs want Immobile, probably for a reason, but great comparison bro! :baus:

rainhard

May 5, 2004

If you think his wages aren’t linked to driving marketing, advertising, and merchandising revenue up for the club, I don’t know what to tell you. He’s the most marketable, popular footballer in the world, and has driven club revenue.

It’s not his fault the club did an incompetent job of surrounding him with capable players and a capable coach.
That is not as much as they hyped

I will close my eyes and get Haaland and build for the future and let other team take CR back in 2019

While Haaland will be worth more than 100m in 4 years, buy with CR7 he will worth nothing in 4 years

I dont think all that marketing ad etc exceed 100m

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That is not as much as they hyped

I will close my eyes and get Haaland and build for the future and let other team take CR back in 2019

While Haaland will be worth more than 100m in 4 years, buy with CR7 he will worth nothing in 4 years

I dont think all that marketing ad etc exceed 100m

Not as much as they hyped? Prove it. Show me what his marketing, advertising, etc is worth to club in every aspect, or you just talking out your ass. He’s the most marketable, popular athlete out there, and the club wouldn’t be paying him anywhere near these wages if he wasn’t, regardless of on-pitch contribution.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Not as much as they hyped? Prove it. Show me what his marketing, advertising, etc is worth to club in every aspect, or you just talking out your ass. He’s the most marketable, popular athlete out there, and the club wouldn’t be paying him anywhere near these wages if he wasn’t, regardless of on-pitch contribution.
The prove is there. if his transfer is great financially (marketing, apparels, etc) we will not be in 200m debt

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
So now we "blame" CR7 that he was only good at Real Madrid because he had a team of Galacticos behind him? What Galacticos? What expencive players did Real Madrid buy after him? And if they did, they bought players that improved the team, and is that bad? Casemiro, Modric, Kroos and Isco were bought for 86 milion euros combined. Ramos cost 25milion, Marcelo 8 milion.... What Galacticos?

rainhard

May 5, 2004
So now we "blame" CR7 that he was only good at Real Madrid because he had a team of Galacticos behind him? What Galacticos? What expencive players did Real Madrid buy after him? And if they did, they bought players that improved the team, and is that bad? Casemiro, Modric, Kroos and Isco were bought for 86 milion euros combined. Ramos cost 25milion, Marcelo 8 milion.... What Galacticos?
that is impressive transfer from real madrid

I will take Kross, Casemiro , Modric and Isco for 100M euro combine instead taking ageing Cristiano Ronaldo

- - - Updated - - -

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
the stat padding thing just isn’t true. He’s been incredibly clutch here. The difference between his ~30-35 goals here and his 45-50 goals at Madrid per season is the stat padding. He scored 15-20 meaningless goals/year there. This season and last we have won so few games by 2+ goals that he hadn’t even had a chance to stat pad.

I haven’t liked his attitude much post-Porto, but before that for 2.5 seasons he has been an absolute model professional here. And has been decisive in almost every single big match we have won.
How many times has he costed us points the same way by missing crucial chances, losing the ball due to pathetic unsuccessful dribbling attempts or not passing when he should, nevermind that he just walks around without giving a shit when things don’t go our way?... Nobody is denying he is decisive but he is no savior, he is being paid to score such goals but when you fail to meet objectives as a team then you can’t label anyone a savior to anything unless you are a delusional fanboy that thinks CR7 has done no wrong.

let’s stop prerending he is not weighting on our game due to his selfishness and bigger than the club mentality, he is doing what any top striker is supposed to do which is to score several goals and he is doing just that, albeit while causing us points in others and leaving the impression he couldn’t give less of a shit about Juventus and that he would leave at the first chance he gets if an lucrative offer eventually comes in. May i remind everyone we brought him for CL? We could have finished outside top 4 in Seria A even without him or his record of Seria A goals that couldn’t even lead us to a Scudetto we never lost in 10 years lol

You can see both sides of the glass without being delusional or labelling anyone as a savior, ofc the good outweighs the bad in CR7’s case, but he is no savior and we need to move on unless we start suddenly building a ‘galacticos’ team around him which won’t happen.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I feel like he's become more of a Trezeguet where he's mostly only effective in the penalty area. His general play is so poor and has been for weeks now, shit, I'd even say months, with the odd quality game from him. Gone is that player of old who would beat players in a wide area again and again. His legs can't do it anymore. Not only that but he struggles to do things a far lesser player would do like receiving or making a pass or protecting the ball. Yet he still has a load of goals. Without them you could say we'd be in a far worse state, that is obvious, but it is also his job. He's the overwhelmingly main focus of the attack, he takes all penalties and free-kicks, and his partners are soyboy flops and Chiesa, who has ploughed his own furrow all season long.

I think his goals tally is remarkable for a player of his age, but also we have to realise that he is still 36. He's cut a frustrated figure at times with his gesticulations over a chance he can't believe he's missed. Ronaldo of old wouldn't have 27 league goals this season he would have 40, even in this team. Mostly they would be from hat-tricks instead of his braces of goals, but there should have been a few more winners, such as last week against Fiorentina, the miss against Torino also comes to mind. I read recently that he had missed over 30 big chances by April this season. That's unlike him, even for players who take a lot of shots.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
I feel like he's become more of a Trezeguet where he's mostly only effective in the penalty area. His general play is so poor and has been for weeks now, shit, I'd even say months, with the odd quality game from him. Gone is that player of old who would beat players in a wide area again and again. His legs can't do it anymore. Not only that but he struggles to do things a far lesser player would do like receiving or making a pass or protecting the ball. Yet he still has a load of goals. Without them you could say we'd be in a far worse state, that is obvious, but it is also his job. He's the overwhelmingly main focus of the attack, he takes all penalties and free-kicks, and his partners are soyboy flops and Chiesa, who has ploughed his own furrow all season long.

I think his goals tally is remarkable for a player of his age, but also we have to realise that he is still 36. He's cut a frustrated figure at times with his gesticulations over a chance he can't believe he's missed. Ronaldo of old wouldn't have 27 league goals this season he would have 40, even in this team. Mostly they would be from hat-tricks instead of his braces of goals, but there should have been a few more winners, such as last week against Fiorentina, the miss against Torino also comes to mind. I read recently that he had missed over 30 big chances by April this season. That's unlike him, even for players who take a lot of shots.
The most balanced & factual take on the situation.

He is still great, but declining (only natural). Let's appreciate having him here, while still looking towards solutions for the future

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I don't mind the role he is having now. What is missing is a proper team behind him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 85)