Cristiano Ronaldo (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
[video=twitter;981691307365191680]https://twitter.com/IndianRegista/status/981691307365191680[/video]
It really was his first time? :lol:

He is so used to being booed and jeered in the stadiums that he was unsure whether he was supposed to react positively to Juve fans giving him a standing ovation :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:D

He's the best. I really think if one of Messi or Ronaldo didn't exist the other would never reach the heights they did. Their competition made them much better by giving them a reason not to satiate after winning pretty much everything.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

He is so used to being booed and jeered in the stadiums that he was unsure whether he was supposed to react positively to Juve fans giving him a standing ovation :D
To be fair who gets appluaded by the opponents? Its extremely rare, unless that player is a legendary one thats retiring that season, you rarely get love from opponent fans.

Del Piero, Ronaldinho, Cristiano, in big competitive games, cases I can remember off the top of my head that got big applaudes after ridicolous goals/performances.

Most other applaudes I can think of were mainly final career games.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
To be fair who gets appluaded by the opponents? Its extremely rare, unless that player is a legendary one thats retiring that season, you rarely get love from opponent fans.

Del Piero, Ronaldinho, Cristiano, in big competitive games, cases I can remember off the top of my head that got big applaudes after ridicolous goals/performances.

Most other applaudes I can think of were mainly final career games.
The other Ronaldo also got one at the Old Trafford. But you are right, it's very unlikely for a player to have such a performance in competitive games of that level, but I have seen Messi receiving standing ovations by the opposition fans after demolishing their team, never remember a similar thing for Ronaldo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

It's pretty rare tbh. And much of it depends on club culture too. I remember Real fans doing it for Del Piero and Ronaldinho, but there really are no other examples I can think of.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The other Ronaldo also got one at the Old Trafford. But you are right, it's very unlikely for a player to have such a performance in competitive games of that level, but I have seen Messi receiving standing ovations by the opposition fans after demolishing their team, never remember a similar thing for Ronaldo.
CR7 is such a weird player when you think about it. On the one hand he's so in your face with the way he celebrates and acts on the pitch. Even after scoring that goal he was posing like a moron. But then our fans start to applaud him and you just see him melt. It took just seconds for him to be completely moved by it. Tbh I think he's someone who probably does have his heart at the right place, but who faces severe mental health issues :D.

Ah yes, I remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)