Cristiano Ronaldo wins 2009 Ballon D'Or (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Actually some players characters is what makes them special (minus zinggy).... Roy Keane's for example, Khan on the other hand...each one has his personality..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Actually some players characters is what makes them special (minus zinggy).... Roy Keane's for example, Khan on the other hand...each one has his personality..
unlike zingaro zlatan who thinks himself as faultless and however much i think keane is a hobo miserable looking tw*t, but you cant help but agree with his honesty, he is never affraid to say it like it is.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Gazza, Cantona, ... The list is too long. Did people forget them? No way. Cris Ronaldo will obviously have his place in people's mind forever.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
unlike zingaro zlatan who thinks himself as faultless and however much i think keane is a hobo miserable looking tw*t, but you cant help but agree with his honesty, he is never affraid to say it like it is.
God, I can't wait for the day we play Inter in Turin.

Gazza, Cantona, ... The list is too long. Did people forget them? No way. Cris Ronaldo will obviously have his place in people's mind forever.
100%

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
True but Maradonna,Gazza & Cantona aren't the best examples.They have had a cloud of controvesry hanging over their heads for ages.Gazza with his drinking habits,Cantona for his wonderful flying kick(which i throughly enjoyed:D) & Maradonna for his snorting habits.

Players tend to get more coverage when controversy surrounds them but in all i agree,that certain players will always have a place in the fans hearts.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But why is it that when I look at your Ferguson avatar, I have this image in my mind?:

:bigscarf:

Sep 1, 2002
ßüякε;1823593 said:
Okay, the first part I agree with, the second i don't. He missed his penalty in the FA Cup a couple years ago and in the CL final.
Well he is not the first or last great player to miss a penalty is he! Shall we make a list: might see a few familiar names...

I thought he was one of the best players that night and he did score a rather super header.
As for the Euros, he was their best player but they were all rather woeful: great manager they had.

Heehaw

Apr 12, 2004
Well he is not the first or last great player to miss a penalty is he! Shall we make a list: might see a few familiar names...

I thought he was one of the best players that night and he did score a rather super header.
As for the Euros, he was their best player but they were all rather woeful: great manager they had.

Heehaw
Ohh, Baggio comes to mind (Juve), but of course he was one of the best that night, but so was Juan Roman 2 weeks prior to his return to Argentina. I must say that YES he deserved it, but the difference between a great/awesome player or a legend or icon and a goat/okay player (in memory) is not the great scored header or the great scored freekick, it is the penalty to win ANY final or the pass to set up a slotted shot for another player to do said, but consistency is overlooked when it comes to memory. People don't remember Baggio for his talent or ability (that average fan that is) they remember him for his missed penalty.

C. Ronaldo is a great player and I would welcome him to Bayern yesterday twice, but would I do it on a CL final night? No. He shows up when it is optimal to, and when it is demanded, he is lackluster at best. Scoring 3 goals against Hull doesn't cut it against Chelsea sort of thing.

As I said, he scored over 50 goals last season, and that is sick nasty, but is the best in the world? I would hold my dick over flame before saying his name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)